shape
carat
color
clarity

You know you're a bling addict when...

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I jammed my left ring finger at the gym yesterday and now the knuckle is all swollen. I have it splinted with a popsicle stick right now. But instead of being worried about whether or not it's fractured, how it might affect my work, etc., my biggest concern is that I can't get my wedding set on my finger, so I'm wearing it on my right hand, and that means I can't wear any of my RHRs for the time being. :cheeky:

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I hear ya! I knew i worked with bling addicts (takes one to know one)...when i was pushed down a set of stairs by a customer who was stealing from the store i worked at...and the first thing they asked me... was if my rings were okay!!! :shock:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
....when the internet goes down and I'm in a panic not being able to check bling websites...

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Nice! Clearly our bling is more important than our health. Glad you're ok though!

For me, if I don't have Internet access around 6 pm on Wednesdays (when Barry Bridgestock lists new stones), I freak out!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
i start my day checking the spot gold,platinum and silver prices and then jump to check price scope out.If the internet isn't available then its a rocky (sorry) start to the day!I

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I scolded my sister over the weekend because her ring was so dirty and then I proceeded to drag out the ultrasonic to clean it :appl:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Too funny!!! I was at a restaurant with DH, the baby and FIL this weekend. Baby is at the stage where EVERYTHING goes in her mouth so DH and I spend all of our time playing keep away with all items within reach. Well, at one point, she grabbed my left hand and stuck my diamond in her mouth! DH and I start to freak out but realize that my rings are probably the cleanest thing she could put in her mouth! Of course my hands were clean, too!!! :halo: I keep my rings squeaky clean and I guess I have a new reason to keep it up! I was proud that the baby loves bling as much as her mom - definitely my girl!!! :love: But if someone had a gunked up ring, that would freak me out!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Bliss, I think I'd be more worried about baby spit caking up my ring! The baby will be OK; they put much dirtier things than rings in their mouths!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!! A damaged ring finger!! Tragic! I hope the poor thing heals and shrinks down it's normal size. Hope your ring didn't get damaged, too.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
When you are on night 2 of insomnia cause you can't remember where you put your engagement ring.

I lose my rings all the time. Drives me batty. I TELL myself to only put it in one of two places. And I'm usually good, but... here we are, not even two weeks past the last time I searched the entire place for my jewelry, and my e-ring is missing again.

Clearly my process is not working. :nono:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Oh no - keeping my fingers crossed that you find it soon!!!!

vsc

Shiny_Rock
Oh Gypsy I sure hope you find your ring promptly!

JStar - I totally understand you! I tried to remove my wedding set while my fingers were swollen from the heat and it totally did something BAD to my knuckle. It's swollen from a 4.25 to maybe a 6? I can't wear my wedding set on any other finger though (my right hand is much bigger) so I just forced it on and am hoping it will eventually swell down! I can't take it off without a lot of pain but I'd rather be able to wear my rings! I'm a little worried about my finger, but yeah. A girl's gotta have her priorities straight... :rolleyes:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I accidentally {duh, OBVIOUSLY} poured boiling water on my left hand when pouring it into my tea pot to brew. My hand was covered with 2nd degree burns and the dr. had to cut a ring off before they treated me. I had to keep the hand covered for about 4 weeks which meant I could wear jewelry only on one hand!!! Oh, the angst. :(sad My students kept asking me did I miss wearing 2 handed bling because they loved to look at my jewelry. I still have a very slight scar where the ring was when the water was poured.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you both. Still looking. It will turn up, it always does. It's just stressful until it does.

Amber... what a painful story! I am glad your recovered, but OUCH!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Eeek Gypsy! That's scary. I would be losing my *mind*! I'm sure it'll turn up though...

OK here's my story. The original setting my larger OEC was in was loose on me. It would occasionally fall off in fact. (Or I'd pull it off in my sleep maybe?) Anyway, I showed up at work one day and realized, oh crap! No ring! All the women I work with were like "Go home right now and look for it!" I raced back home and turned the bedroom upside down. No ring. Started looking everywhere else. Finally found it underneath the couch of all places. It just cracked me up though, that everyone I work with totally was on the same page as me with the panic! over losing it, haha. Totally a group of jewelry addicts I work with! (I've even got most of them to clean their jewelry frequently, too, yay!)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Eek, these are some horror stories!

My finger is almost 100% back to normal now. It was stiff, painful, and swollen to the point that I couldn't get my rings on for about a day. Now my rings go on and off easily again, although it still feels a little bigger than the other hand (normally my right is bigger than my left, so it's opposite now). But this reassures me that it isn't broken and will definitely go back to normal.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
When you outbid bean on ebay.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
jstarfireb|1311571094|2976165 said:
Bliss, I think I'd be more worried about baby spit caking up my ring! The baby will be OK; they put much dirtier things than rings in their mouths!

My thoughts exactly!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
TristanC|1311662881|2976922 said:
When you outbid bean on ebay.

LOL

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
When you obsessively check your e-mail, waiting for quotes from all 15 vendors you asked.

Seriously, I did a number on my phone battery yesterday because I checked my e-mail about every five minutes.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
When you collect hundreds of links to items you like and would be interested in either buying or replicating, or that you would like to re design.

When you haunt the gemstone websites to find new stones available.

When a new gemstone is actually in competition with your next meal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results