shape
carat
color
clarity

You know your LIW-itis is bad when....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrilliantNikki

Rough_Rock
... people are afraid to tell you they got engaged.

lol... Anybody else get this?

This morning when I walked in - the room fell silent for a minute before someone finally confessed that one of the girls we work closely with got engaged last night (on her 25th birthday and their 2 year anniversary - Aw!).

I chatter on and on at work all the time about wanting to get married/engaged etc. with the girls at work. And I guess that they thought I would get down in the dumps about another friend "beating me to the punch" yet again.

Anyway, I am sort of laughing it off but maybe I am thinking now that maybe I am coming of as sort of obsessed about it. Which maybe I am
20.gif
but I don''t want to be seen that way. So I am going to try and clam up at work... but expect a lot more posts from me... I mean I need somebody to vent to!
9.gif

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
HAHA This kinda cracked me up! I totally understand! I feel like sometimes my every thought is consumed with engagement and marriage! I drive me CRAZY!!!!
27.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
That''s too funny. At least you''re not upset about it though. This board is so good for venting. Makes you feel like you are talking about something ALL the time, so you don`t have to talk about it to other people.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL. Classic.

At least you can smile about it.
1.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Wow. You got it bad mama!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Haha, that''s funny... did they tilt their heads when they told you too?! lol

I would say good idea to talk a bit less about it around the work place, if that is how they reacted. Guess we''ll be seeing more of you around then!!
35.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
oh i feel your pain! My coworker''s daughter got engaged this past month and they hesitated to tell me (and i dont even talk about it that much!).

Oh well - i vent here too. becuase if i vented to boyf i will NEVER get engaged :)

Erin

Ideal_Rock
... when your youngest brother is holding off his proposal for a while hoping maybe it'll buy you enough time to still be first
4.gif

Considering the BF hasn't brought up engagement as a serious conversation (dating 17 months) I feel sorry for my brother's GF...

EmptyLeftHand

Shiny_Rock
...I was at a wedding recently and tried to catch the bouquet.
Except she wasn''t actually throwing it. Cringe.

Good to know I''m not the only keen LIW out there!

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Aww.

Nobody IRL, aside from SO and one close friend, really knows that I''m even thinking about engagement. The friend is actually a guy who is also an LDR veteran (they are married now). And he''s on my side! LOL.

I think everyone assumes that it''s in the relatively near future since we just moved in together and we''ve been serious from the start. But... I feel kind of weird letting people know how much I want it. I''m just an extremely private person, I guess, and it''s never really come up with most people. Money/finances are one of our primary obstacles, which might be one of the reasons I''m hesitant to discuss it at all (I don''t discuss money with people).

BrilliantNikki

Rough_Rock
Author: Starset Princess
... when your youngest brother is holding off his proposal for a while hoping maybe it''ll buy you enough time to still be first
4.gif
Aww.. what a sweet heart brother you have. I hope you future sis-in-law is not also a LIW!!

Author: EmptyLeftHand
THIS is HILARIOUS! EmptyLeftHand I think you might be my new best friend. AND I freaking love your signature.
9.gif

I am glad the two of you responded to the title like this... it''s a muy funny topic starter. I hope more people do it!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 1:19:02 PM

HAHA you could be me!! My friend got married in June and her photog got a FAB picture of me basically doing an X jump in the front of all the single ladies during the bouquet toss, except she wasn''t really throwing it...In all honesty, I wasn''t trying to catch it, I was just being funny (I didn''t want to lose and eye, tooth, break something-those girls can be vicious!!) But (now) FI proposed exactly a week later
9.gif
9.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I deserve a medal.
A round medal, with a hole in the middle and a diamond at one side...

AHAHAHAHA!!!! I love this ELH--is this your signature? Hilarious.

BrilliantNikki--Being able to laugh it off is first class all the way, lady! I can't wait to see your hand pics soon . . .

honey22

Ideal_Rock

1237389l5e9y2e4mo.gif

2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results