shape
carat
color
clarity

You Know You Are Too Anal With Your Diamond When.............

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday Everyone. We''''re having a really loud thunderstorm here in Tampa and I thought it might be fun to start a fill in the blank thread. So here I''''ll get it going.............

"You know You Are Too Anal With Your Diamond When............you have a jeweler''''s cleaning cloth in your desk at work and your night stand at home and you use them both on a daily basis, between nightly cleaning and weekly steaming............

NEXT?????

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
When you have more photos of diamonds on your computer than people!

Good idea, Rod!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks and that''s what I''m talking about. More? With all us addicted dia-nuts on this forum, I''m sure other''s have comments that we can all enjoy...........

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
When you go ballistic if anyone puts fingerprints on your diamond...
29.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2006 5:04:44 PM
Author: isaku5
29.gif
On that note...

You know You Are Too Anal With Your Diamond When............

showing off your ring, you hold your hand up (like in a reverse hand wave position) instead of holding it out down and out!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
...you have a loupe at home and work and check your diamond frequently to make sure it's not chipped, damaged, or has any lint stuck under the prongs.
9.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What isaku5 said - and - if you step back when someone steps towards with the intention of touching your diamonds.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2006 4:45:35 PM
Author: FacetFire
When you have more photos of diamonds on your computer than people!

Good idea, Rod!
Soooooooooooooo guilty as charged....it''s not even funny.
37.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2006 5:04:44 PM
Author: isaku5
29.gif
Oohh, that steams me too. Why do people feel they have to rub their greasy little fingers on one''s perfectly clean rock?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
when i wash my hands, i wash my stones too with the liquid soap. gets the grease off midday.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2006 5:38:35 PM
Author: ladykemma
when i wash my hands, i wash my stones too with the liquid soap. gets the grease off midday.
Oh noooooooooooooooooo Mr. Bill.........That leaves soap scum on your pet rock. I''m way to anal for that......LOL

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
when contemplating on taking a new job you say to yourself, pro- new job has better diamond viewing lights.
9.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2006 5:40:40 PM
Author: Rod

Date: 7/28/2006 5:38:35 PM
Author: ladykemma
Oh noooooooooooooooooo Mr. Bill.........That leaves soap scum on your pet rock. I''m way to anal for that......LOL
liquid detergent/ liquid hand soaps don''t leave scum....different molecule

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
...you are constantly wiping your stone''s table down on whatever you are wearing to get off grease prints
...you carry cleaner around with you in your purse AND have it in your desk at work
...while driving to a party, realize camera is in car with you and for once you are not driving, so...impromptu photo shoot!
...on your way to a PS get together, you keep your rings in the jewelry box after cleaning them 3x in the US that morning, only to put them on right before you go into meet the gals because you want them to see your diamond looking it''s best!

i could go on for days.
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2006 6:03:24 PM
Author: Mara
...you are constantly wiping your stone''s table down on whatever you are wearing to get off grease prints

HA! I do that when I wake up in the a.m. too ... with a corner of the duvet cover. Like "Hi diamond ...ahhhhh....that''s better."

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
You Know You Are Too Anal With Your Diamond When.............

You have an Ultrasonic cleaner, a Jewel Jet steamer and more than 5 different jewelry cleaning solutions.

You have Itsy bitsy teeny tiny brushes that look more like dentist tools than jewelry brushes to clean your diamonds

Every time you hear of a new jewelry cleaner, you buy it just to add to your already extensive collection.

You buy and keep a bottle of distilled water handy to rinse your rings in (regular tap water is just not good enough)

You visit PS more than 5 times a day, everyday because you don't want to miss anything!

You talk to your ring as if it is a living thing, i.e., "there you go! All nice and clean now, ready for night, night?" or "You've gotten yourself really dirty this time, you're in for a good scrubbin'!"

You look forward to cleaning your rings/jewelry even more than a guy looks forward to washing his car.

You can't take your eyes off your rings while driving and when you look at your reflection in a store window or a mirror, your hold up your ring to see how it looks!

I could go on and on, but I'm starting to get a complex that I'm tooo obsessed with my jewelery!

Someone else, please pick up the ball here!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
When getting a manicure you skip the lotion massage cause you don''t want your diamond to get all dirty.
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You do not cook, clean, wash hands, sleep with it on, or any other activity that could compromise it's cleanliness/integrity.

Add to SuzyQ's list. You look forward to going to the bathroom, as the lighting is very diamond conducive.

3.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Omigod, everyone here is as obsessive as me!!!!
6.gif

When you check your prongs every HALF HOUR to make sure one of them is not bent back so as to allow the diamond to fall out.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You know you are too anal with your diamond stud earrings when you let your jeweler steam clean them for you and then insist that he give you a jeweler''s cloth to hold them so you can put them back in your ears without getting fingerprints on them!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
... when you can easily rattle off all your diamond''s specs, but can''t quiiiiite remember all the little details about your children. (When was that first tooth, again??!)
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2006 6:03:24 PM
Author: Mara

...you carry cleaner around with you in your purse AND have it in your desk at work

I am guilty of doing both. When in San Diego, I made my sister look all over RIte Aid for the traveling jewelry cleaner and refused to leave until we found it! Oh, and while at Disneyland, I was constantly wiping the table of my stone whenever we stood in line and right after washing my hands.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for helping me feel sane!!!

You guys crack me up (
28.gif
special wink to Mara and SuzyQ!!)

MichaelLC

Rough_Rock
...when you make annual pilmigriges to the mine, so your diamiond can connet to its heritage.

...when you spent more time looking for the perfect ring then your partner.

...when you''re on a first-name basis with everyone at GIA, enough that...

...GIA names a new color clarity after you

...when you have your "everyday" rock, and your "just for company" e-ring.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
...I can''t relax in the pool because all the oils in the water have clung to my stone
29.gif
and I just want to leave and go put it in my US
20.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

...you are constantly wiping your stone''s table down on whatever you are wearing to get off grease prints ''

Ha - I am so guilty of this, I get little dents in my T shirts as I do it without thinking! Great thread Rod
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
When you go on vacation and bring your SI US!!! Can''t have a dirty diamond while on vacay, LOL!!
31.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2006 10:39:23 PM
Author: MichaelLC
...when you make annual pilmigriges to the mine, so your diamiond can connet to its heritage.

...when you spent more time looking for the perfect ring then your partner.

...when you''re on a first-name basis with everyone at GIA, enough that...

...GIA names a new color clarity after you

...when you have your ''everyday'' rock, and your ''just for company'' e-ring.
WOW,,,,,,,You are obiviously someone we need to meet and learn more about. Can you use any of your influence with GIA to get them to make some changes to their crazy new grading system??????

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Actually, these fit better with - You know you are a diamond addict-

When you buy a new digital camera, not because the old one stopped working, but because you wanted to post better macro pictures on Pricescope.....

When you can''t wait the full time for your new camera battery to charge because you want to take pictures of your ring right away....

When the first thing you take a picture of with your new camera is your diamond.......

When you go outside to take pictures of your diamond so you can post them on PS because you can see the arrows so clearly in the sunlight, who cares what the neighbors think or if anyone is watching....

When the neighbors happen to see you taking pictures of your ring outside and you make believe you are taking pictures of your house, steps, flowers, shoes.....
2.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~LMAO!! This is sooo fun...I''m not even engaged yet and I''m already taking notes!!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results