shape
carat
color
clarity

You know you are sleep deprived when...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I put the newborn to bed in his cot beside me and went to sleep. Woke up a few hours later and he was in bed with me sleeping right beside me!

I don't recall picking him up, I don't know if I nursed him, I have no idea what happened!!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh no! Did Hunter do it? Y'know, to mess with you a little bit? :cheeky: At least you got a few hours sleep, right? He's such a cute wee thing. :))

I am a little bit sleep deprived too right now (tonsillitis, so not the same league as the newborn fog, but still...). I put my hand into my briefcase to pull out my cellphone yesterday and found myself holding a can opener. Yes, my phone was in the cutlery drawer at home.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
If you wake for less than 15 seconds then you won't remember it! It's one of the reasons that co-sleeping mothers can wake-up a lot at night but not realise it.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I fell asleep once nursing one twin and woke up nursing the other- sooo confusing!! And my DH was at work so I know he didn't do it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well since I have Twins like Tiffany!!! I get confused which one I just fed!! haha! Thank goodness I write stuff down :read: :rodent: Last night I looked at the clock at read 4 am but it really was 9pm. I freaked that I didn't feed anyone but hubby looked at me like what is wrong! haha I guess I can't read the time now! :knockout:

I recently put some tomato sauce (fridge only) in the pantry. lol :bigsmile:

Sha

Ideal_Rock
DD - Ha ha! Osmosis maybe? :tongue: I guess you were on Auto-pilot during the night and didn't remember...

These sleep deprivation stories are funny!

I have one.... you know you're sleep-deprived when you wake up to the sound of your newborn crying on the floor, because you fell asleep nursing her! :o :knockout: That happened to me at 7 weeks pp. Not so funny at the time... :knockout:

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Sha|1312900514|2987172 said:
I have one.... you know you're sleep-deprived when you wake up to the sound of your newborn crying on the floor, because you fell asleep nursing her! :o :knockout: That happened to me at 7 weeks pp. Not so funny at the time... :knockout:

Oh, no! Poor baby, and poor mommy! That would be a bit traumatic.

I often would wake up during the newborn phase to look at the clock, and read an entirely different time than was actually there. I was constantly thinking it was earlier in the evening than it was. Nowadays, I often have no memory of Micah waking, if he does at all. Exhaustion does funny things to you!

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
A few times I can't remember if I fed DD or if it was once or twice.... and I have to get out of bed, walk down the hall, up stairs, into her room, feed her, and go back down again. And I still can't always remember doing it the next day! I often fall asleep nursing her in the glider and wake up with her sleeping in my lap 2 hours later...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, you know you're sleep deprived when you're driving down the road and a cop pulls you over and says to you, "you know why I've pulled you over, don't you?"

You respond, "no."

He says, "your tabs are expired."

You response, "huh, but I paid them."

He leaves to go to his cop car, comes back tells you you're right and lets you off with a warning. You go home and realize you never put your tabs on and had been driving around with expired tabs for SIX months!

(This was when I had a newborn and a toddler.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results