shape
carat
color
clarity

You know you are genuinly jewelry obsessed when...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks, yes we are crazy for jewelry, diamonds and gemstones. :bigsmile:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to all!!!

I'll also add that you know you're jewelry obsessed when you use B&M jewelry locations as landmarks to give directions.
And, of course, when you're too busy gawking at your ring to notice the red light that you're blowing.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
jewelerman|1309070577|2955278 said:
dragonfly411 said:
You ask people about their jewelry before you even introduce yourself.

You have several containers of jewels, and take them out regularly just to look at them...be it diamonds or gemstones.

You have more gemstones/jewels/pieces than you could ever wear regularly.

You regularly obsess over family heirlooms and fight for dibs on pieces when your grandmother gets new ones. :oops:

You are more interested in celebrities' engagement rings than how they got engaged.

You remember people by their rings.

You oogle over your friends' and family's new jewelry openly and even ask to try it on, ask about it, scrutinize it until they are visibly uncomfortable.....

You have folders of jewelry inspiration, attainable jewelry wishlists, favorite gemstone colors, and your favorite shapes on your computer and they're fuller than albums of you and your family/friends.

If you see something sparkly on the ground, you absolutely have to look and see what it is... even though 99% of the time it's glass... or a sticker.

You live on Price scope.
Marry me! we are soul mates!your people are my people!we could get married at the counter at Cartier or Tiffany & Co and exchange rings with D-FLAWLESS ideally cut center diamonds.We could have all the jewelry obsessed of Price scope as brides maids,best men,and ring bearers!we can honeymoon on 47th street in new york and open our own chain of jewelry stores when we get back home!We can have 12 children and name them after each of the birthstones...Ruby,opal,etc...it will be heaven!but we will have to sign a pre-nup saying that we wont get into each others jewelry boxes!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok but ONLY if the prenup says I keep the engagement ring. :naughty:

YlangYlang

Rough_Rock
Great list. So funny and so true. I have a couple others!

1. You know every month's birthstone
2. You feel naked when you forget your favorite jewelry.

Your friends in designer jewelry
http://ylangylang.com/

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1309145156|2955886 said:
dragonfly411 said:

You have several containers of jewels, and take them out regularly just to look at them...be it diamonds or gemstones.

You regularly obsess over family heirlooms and fight for dibs on pieces when your grandmother gets new ones. :oops:

You are more interested in celebrities' engagement rings than how they got engaged.

You oogle over your friends' and family's new jewelry openly and even ask to try it on, ask about it, scrutinize it until they are visibly uncomfortable.....

You have folders of jewelry inspiration, attainable jewelry wishlists, favorite gemstone colors, and your favorite shapes on your computer and they're fuller than albums of you and your family/friends.

If you see something sparkly on the ground, you absolutely have to look and see what it is... even though 99% of the time it's glass... or a sticker.

You live on Price scope.
Marry me! we are soul mates!your people are my people!we could get married at the counter at Cartier or Tiffany & Co and exchange rings with D-FLAWLESS ideally cut center diamonds.We could have all the jewelry obsessed of Price scope as brides maids,best men,and ring bearers!we can honeymoon on 47th street in new york and open our own chain of jewelry stores when we get back home!We can have 12 children and name them after each of the birthstones...Ruby,opal,etc...it will be heaven!but we will have to sign a pre-nup saying that we wont get into each others jewelry boxes!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok but ONLY if the prenup says I keep the engagement ring. :naughty:
Oh my dear DragonFly...we will have our own ring to enjoy and im sure the center diamond will be killer BIG on both of them!!Nothing but the best for you!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When a lightbulb dies, you get excited because that means buying a replacement bulb.... which of course must provide maximum sparkle :bigsmile: (The guy at Lowes is happy to let me try out all of the new bulbs before I pick :love: )

You polish your rings in the car before heading into work/school/meeting but forget to brush your hair :rolleyes:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
jewelerman|1309195589|2956305 said:
dragonfly411|1309145156|2955886 said:
dragonfly411 said:

You live on Price scope.

Oh my dear DragonFly...we will have our own ring to enjoy and im sure the center diamond will be killer BIG on both of them!!Nothing but the best for you!

Do we get a diamond sailboat? :devil:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
You match your jewelry to your nightgowns!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber I don't wear jewelry to bed but I sure my clothes to match the gemstone I am wearing each day. :bigsmile:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I agree with all of the others and add these:

You clean your rings every time you leave the house...even if you already cleaned them 3 hours earlier, because you just never know what kind of gunk could have accumulated in that short time.

Your friends catch you on PS and :rolleyes:

You fantasize about all the jewelry projects you have in your head, and how to pay for them all!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1309129339|2955653 said:
Sizzle|1309111963|2955488 said:
When your phone has more photos of your jewelry than your family!

:-o

OMG.

How did you know???

:errrr:

Ha ha! I am guilty of this as well. I am often embarrassed when I am trying to show vacation pics or whatever and have to say "Oh, sorry...I was taking pics of my ring" and skip over 100 or so pics. LOL

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
YlangYlang|1309194582|2956286 said:
2. You feel naked when you forget your favorite jewelry.

Haha, I've gone home on my lunch break to change jewels or to pick up a forgotten favorite. Can't be neglecting my babies now!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
You consider having a Tiffany lampshade made with colored stones, and start estimating the cost of materials

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
you ask people that are going on vacation to bring you back catalogs from jewelry stores they might shop at or walk by!

your freak out when people touch the Top of your diamond ring with greasy hands and then say...why doesn't your diamond sparkle?

you go to the mall just to keep up with the new jewelry in the cases and to grab all the new store flyers or promotional catologs

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
jewelerman|1309294389|2957282 said:
you ask people that are going on vacation to bring you back catalogs from jewelry stores they might shop at or walk by!

your freak out when people touch the Top of your diamond ring with greasy hands and then say...why doesn't your diamond sparkle?

you go to the mall just to keep up with the new jewelry in the cases and to grab all the new store flyers or promotional catologs

OMG I definitely do that. :oops:

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1309295887|2957299 said:
jewelerman|1309294389|2957282 said:

OMG I definitely do that. :oops:
we will have to make that are regular thing to do on date nights after the wedding! :D

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
You can more easily justify a new sparkly than you can those pesky car repairs.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
you learn your French and English history through studying the great jewelry collections of the royals like Marie Antoinette and the queens of England.From books like The queens necklace!

you study about the great world wars and you are more interested in why diamonds,gold and platinum were restricted then food and fuel restrictions!

I'm seriously obsessed!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I think im in serious need of help and support!Does Cartier or Tiffany offer a rehab program or maybe a half way house i could stay at when i need a fix? :razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results