shape
carat
color
clarity

You know you are an LIW when...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I thought the thread in hangout was so cute...surely we can come up with some LIW type things! I''ll start:

...when it becomes obvious your SO isnt proposing on a certain date, and you think to yourself that maybe he is trying to "throw you off"
26.gif

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
... when you become upset that you''ve been lapped by couples on TV.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
When every holiday makes you start dancing in excitement...

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
...when you have a folder on your computer full of pics of rings you want...

...when all you seem to think about is diamonds and ways you can subtly talk about them without being obvious...
I suck at this one. Me: So when are you gonna buy me a ring? Him:
20.gif

9.gif
31.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
...when your insonmia flares up and your BF tries to soothe you by telling you "think about sparklies and then when you fall asleep, you''ll be dreaming about diamonds!!!"

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
...when your SO tells you he wants to spend a day together or arranges a date, and you think to yourself, "This could be it!"

...when it''s coming up to ANY kind of anniversary, or meaningful date.

sandia_rose

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 12:27:51 PM
Author: sunnyd

...when all you seem to think about is diamonds and ways you can subtly talk about them without being obvious...
I suck at this one.
Or when you do like I did on vacation 2 weeks ago. We were in New Orleans, and in spite of all the issues we'd been having lately, we had a great time. Royal Street in New Orleans has more than one vintage jewelery store. I went into one and tried on two rings. He asked me how much they were, and one was $5500 and the other was $900. They looked similar to two I am watching on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260216258471&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016

I WANT THIS! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260216258471&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016 This is the beauty posted below.

I was over my BF's house last night and was showing his 13 year old daughter the rings (I buy a lot of great stuff on eBay and am trying to teach her how to never pay retail). My BF walks in and says, "What are you two doing?" And I said, "Look at this one (the WANT ring). It looks like the one we saw in New Orleans." And he says, "Yeah......are you going to put a bid on it?" I said, "Nah...I'm watching it for now...."

HINT * HINT * HINT * HINT * HINT * HINT * HINT * HINT

Part of me is hoping he'll go into his daughter's computer (which he often does to make sure she's not on any bad websites or doing any inappropriate IMing) while she is at school, check the info and put in a bid for me. There is no way I will know, either, because that particular seller hides the IDs of their bidders.

Bridget in Connecticut.

02a2_1.jpg

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
- When a special date is coming up and you keep telling yourself, "It won''t happen then, it definitely won''t happen then." When really you ARE expecting it to happen.....

- When you sneak onto your SOs computer and rifle through his history to see if he''s been looking at anything remotely ring related

- When you purposely leave ring brochures in the bathroom, stuck to the fridge, on your SOs pillow and then exclaim in shock, "How did they get there?"

- When you turn up the tv really loudly when anyone comes close to proposing to someone on a show just so your SO will hear!

- When family and friends ask, "So when''s it your turn then?" You find yourself calmly answering and then it slowly turns into an hysterical rant!

- When you find yourself madly trying to examine every woman''s hand while out shopping just to see if she is married

- While on holiday (vacation!) you find your heart stopping everytime your SO bends down to tie his shoelace incase he''s about to propose

- When it turns out he was actually only fastening his shoe lace you start sulking and everytime SO asks what''s wrong you snap, "Nothing! What are you talking about?"

Hmmmmm, maybe I should stop there. I''m beginning to sound a bit crazy! Hope it''s not just me who does those things.......

designchica

Shiny_Rock
... you get your nails done every week.

...you've told your barista at Starbucks several times that you think your bf is going to propose soon only to be wrong and now you are too embarrassed to go back until you have your ring..so much so that you've given up your morning latté!

...your wedding date is actually closer in time than how long ago you started thinking you'd be getting a proposal.

Bashful

Rough_Rock
BF suprised me with a trip to Paris on v-day weekend. Before we took off for the airport, I went through his luggage, wallet, trousers, toiletry kit, and any clothing item that contains pockets in FRENZY but found nothing... Needless to say, I was super grumpy the entire weekend and kept thinking to myself -- HOW CAN HE DO THIS TO ME?????
38.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 4:57:36 PM
Author: Bashful
BF suprised me with a trip to Paris on v-day weekend. Before we took off for the airport, I went through his luggage, wallet, trousers, toiletry kit, and any clothing item that contains pockets in FRENZY but found nothing... Needless to say, I was super grumpy the entire weekend and kept thinking to myself -- HOW CAN HE DO THIS TO ME?????
38.gif

Seriously!! unless he was going WAY out of his way to throw you off...
I think a surprise trip - to Paris!! - on Valentine''s Day!! - without a proposal is a violation of some unwritten rule of boyfriends. Geez. It''s nice to have the romantic weekend and all, but he''s got to know what you''d be thinking...

Bashful

Rough_Rock
That was such MEAN behavior
29.gif
. Paris on Valentine''s day and n-o-t-h-i-n-g.

Alas, after such *betrayal*, my LIW symdrome persists... Back to checking his browser''s internet history, lurking around credit card bills, etc...

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
my so hates everything french and if he took me on a surprise trip there on vday i wouldnt be expecting proposal, id just be so happy he took me at all!
im planning to go with my best friend when she graduates college instead...maybe shell propose! lol jk

honey22

Ideal_Rock
... when you suddenly have perfect perfect nails everyday (I used to be good about my weekly manicure, but now I am obessive!).

I have told him what a magic mani is! He just laughs. This week, I finally perfected the french-manicure-at-home look. It''s look so professional and saved me a fortune (especially now he has the ring!). I asked him if he liked my new manicure - he says yes lovely baby - I say, yes, but is it magic?!!?! - he just looks at me and grins!! Hmffff - no clues there.

Anway gotta go, need to redo my french tips!!

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Anybody snooping around BF''s luggage for a ring should be punished by not getting a proposal in Paris ... so much for unwritten rules
9.gif

Bashful

Rough_Rock
I can''t help it... I live with BF and typically help him pack whenever he goes on business trips. I have to admit I was bit frentic then -- hence the LIW realization
41.gif

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
...when you buy a nice shiny new car and all you can think about while you drive it home is how much better your hand will look on the wheel with an e-ring on it.

Yep, last night I bought a brand new car and that''s what went through my mind on the way home. LOL
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
HA! I thought I was the only one.
But for me actually...

When you have multiple folders on your computer of wedding gowns, favors, colors, hair styles that you want! haha. Im so happy Im not as crazy as I thought I was.
31.gif
(I love this place!)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 12:27:51 PM
Author: sunnyd

My last post was in reply to this post. Oops!

HA! I thought I was the only one.
But for me actually...

When you have multiple folders on your computer of wedding gowns, favors, colors, hair styles that you want! haha. Im so happy Im not as crazy as I thought I was.
31.gif
(I love this place!)

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 5:11:17 PM
Author: KCCutie
...when you buy a nice shiny new car and all you can think about while you drive it home is how much better your hand will look on the wheel with an e-ring on it.

Yep, last night I bought a brand new car and that''s what went through my mind on the way home. LOL
3.gif
...or when you do this even when you''re driving your creaky old car!
3.gif

(BTW - congrats on the purchase! What did you get?
1.gif
)

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 11:24:48 AM
Author: Delster
Date: 3/14/2008 5:11:17 PM

Author: KCCutie

3.gif

...or when you do this even when you''re driving your creaky old car!
3.gif

Too funny.

Thanks! I bought a 2008 Nissan Rouge. It''s awesome!

(BTW - congrats on the purchase! What did you get?
1.gif
)

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I had to look that up! Turns out it''s called the Qashqai over here. BF and I think that''s a funny name and we call it the ''cash-cow''
1.gif

Enjoy it! And here''s hoping you get to pretty up that steering wheel real soon
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
When you can't sleep at night because it bothers you that one day he said he likes the look of the classic Tiffany Setting (solitaire diamond) when you dont care for it at all (too plain for me, I like the Tiffany Novo) and he KNOWS it.
29.gif
lol

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
When you have a little paper oval on your desk that''s the exact dimensions of your stone, and you surreptitiously place it on your finger every once in a while, just to see how it''ll look.

Yep, sad.
5.gif

lindsaylove

Shiny_Rock
haha... PJEAN I did the exact same thing!! I even drew the diamonds around it to show what a pave halo would look like and taped the thing to my finger...
31.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
haha that is funny stuff!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
brooklyngirl
... when you become upset that you've been lapped by couples on TV.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That is funny!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 5:41:56 PM
Author: Starset Princess

brooklyngirl
... when you become upset that you''ve been lapped by couples on TV.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That is funny!
Thank you, thank you
9.gif

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t really consider myself a LIW...yet (we haven''t been together long enough for me to think about it too seriously), but I''ve already started reading too much into what''s probably nothing! Lately my boyfriend''s been fidgeting with my left ring finger when we watch tv in the evenings. The last couple of times he took off a half eternity ring I wear on my index finger and put it on my left ring finger. I also have some cc debt which I have a mental deadline of paying off by this winter. When he suggested I try to have it paid off by this summer (which I realized is actually doable), I jokingly asked, "Why? ''Cause you don''t want to marry my debt?" He just smiled and gave me a big squeeze. Now the wheels have started turning...
emsmile.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah my guy looks at my fingers all the time too. He''s always telling me how little and cute they are. He calls them "tiny little hands" ha! Actually, he looks at them so often that a couple of weeks ago he noticed that I have fine little blonde hairs between my knucle & finger nail on 3 of 5 fingers (on both hands) excluding the index and thumb. So I responded "So what, Im a freak now?" jokingly. He said no he thinks its very cute. I never even noticed this until then. I know most everyone has fine little hairs on the other part of their fingers. I didn''t know anything about this though? And aparently he finds it rather amusing too because he is always looking at that now as well. HA!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results