shape
carat
color
clarity

You have GOT to be kidding me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok so we spent almost all of last night and a few more cuddling hours today installing that cuddling garbage disposal and completely dismantled all the damn pipes under the sink because of how stupidly they were installed and laid out. We finally get done redoing it all and the cuddling disposal doesnt turn on! We need to tear apart that wallplate andsee if the wiring is f-d up to that thing. Or something is actually wrong with it.

I had to have this stupid thing didn''t i.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
What does cuddling have to do with a garbage disposal? I''ve never ever been tempted to cuddle with my garbage disposal.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif
Oh no, that totally sucks!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cuddling is a word used to replace the F-bomb on another site I post at. It always made me laugh.

That said I am about to beat the crap out of the kitchen. :)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 5:53:38 PM
Author: ame
Cuddling is a word used to replace the F-bomb on another site I post at. It always made me laugh.

That said I am about to beat the crap out of the kitchen. :)
LOL! I really didn''t get it.

Wow, Ame, I''ve never known you to show such restraint before!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think anyone ever has.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about your garbage disposal. What a PITA! Hope you get it up and running soon.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That cuddling sucks AME!!!
emfist.gif
emfist.gif
face21.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
It''s alos possible the GFI is tripped...might reset that just to be sure....

Good luck!

You''ll like it after it''s working!!!

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I''ve clearly been posting on diamond sites too long. My initial assumption was that "cuddling" was a brand of disposal, like a Bosche or miele.

Maybe I need to drink.
12.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well it''s not a plug see. Its using wires that come from a switch in the wall above the sink. We wondered if maybe the wiring was done poorly. My dad is good with wiring as are my two uncles (both elec. engineers who wired their own new houses) and we might just pull it all out. We misjudged that pretty well I think ;-)

The redone pipes look nice! haha. THe whole kitchen and back bedroom just reek of...death. The pipes that were in there were just...gross. We haven''t been able to eat or cook because it just smells so bad. We went out to dinner and lunch both days to stay away from it. haha and he slept in the living room because he usually sleeps in the back bedroom (hes sick and has been for like two months) and the stench was so bad he almost yarfed.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 10:37:27 PM
Author: babblingal
Okay, I''ve clearly been posting on diamond sites too long. My initial assumption was that ''cuddling'' was a brand of disposal, like a Bosche or miele.

Maybe I need to drink.
12.gif

haha! No we bought the InSinkErator444

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 10:40:12 PM
Author: ame

haha! No we bought the InSinkErator444
What are the angle measurements?
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 10:37:27 PM
Author: babblingal
Okay, I''ve clearly been posting on diamond sites too long. My initial assumption was that ''cuddling'' was a brand of disposal, like a Bosche or miele.

Maybe I need to drink.
12.gif
I thought so too at first! But it didn''t work right every time she used the word.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
ame--

sorry for your cuddling garbage disposal! I hope you get it fixed. Don''t you just love plumbing? When I first moved into my house the initial time I used the garbage disposal was a real trip. I had put brocolli stems down it and turned it on. The doors under my sink flew open and brocolli bits hurled through the air....going at least 10 feet. I was covered in shredded greens. After I managed to get it turned off, I looked under the sink and there in all it''s glory was my problem...the previous owners had connected the pipes using rubber bands...and they broke. Duh! Plumbing in my house has been a constant hassle. I even had mushrooms growning out from under my toilet because the people didn''t use the wax ring properly. Needless to say I''m getting very good at plumbing
14.gif
Good luck with yours!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
LOL Island Dreams at broccoli shooting all over your kitchen. I mean, YUCK, but LOL. Plumbing problems are the WORST!

In this house, we used to have an old fashioned toilet with the tank mounted way up high on the wall. Which means every time the toilet ran, you had to stand on the lid and reach WAY up there. If that didn''t work, you had to get out the ladder. And of course it always ran in the middle of the night...just as you were about to fall asleep you''d hear it. The thing inside the tank sometimes came unhooked so when you''d pull the chain water would shoot out the top and go down the wall and into the kitchen. We re-did that bathroom and my husband was thrilled to see that toilet go. Then we re-did the kitchen ceiling!

I won''t go into my story about how we found out that our house had never been hooked up to the sewer stystem.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I cannot even imagine.

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
Did you try pushing the reset button on the bottom of the disposal?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2005 2:18:33 PM
Author: HAMMER
Yes, and we STILL were not hooked up to the sewer!
2.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Patty:

Hear ya about the sewer issues. When I purchased my house the couple were divorcing. I knew the house needed some remodeling and thought in 5 yrs it could all be re done. Then we did the usual inspector things and the septic passes. Well, since they were divorcing, no one was using any water, etc. We get in there and of course with kids and pets, you are going to do lots of laundry, baths, etc. The septic FAILED with 2 yrs of being in the house. I had to pay right at 25k for MSD sewer extension- talk about nearly dying. I could not believe it would be that much money and also to pay engineers to do numerous blue prints for approval. St. Louis county is eating up all my money. I hope yours will not be that nightmare mine was. My yard is just now looking decent again. I am tired of house nightmares and worry now since the woman didn't want to sell her home, but had to due to divorce that its bad karma. We could of purchased a house for a lot more $ since we have put so much into this one. Hindsight is 20/20 and I hope I never make a mistake again like this. I relied on inspectors and it wasn't predictable I guess.

Lori

Patty and Ame- off topic, do you go to a gym here? Recommend any?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Lori, what a nightmare! We did hook up to the sewer in 1992. It cost about $10k but that included a new deck and extra concrete work. I think the sewer part alone was about 5k.

I go to the Y for my gym. (Webster/Kirkwood)

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Every house we''ve owned has been on a septic. But that''s what comes with living out in the country. Sewers don''t run out this far. We had to replace the laterals field in the second house. The tank itself was fine, but the water oozed up in spots in the yard. The lateral lines were full of sludge. How pleasant!
14.gif

I don''t envy you, Ame. If it ain''t one thaing, it''s another at our house. We replace our garbage disposal last fall too. And our son''s bedroom window had to be replaced. This house must have FORD written on it somewhere. LOL
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! I hate Ford so I love that one.

Luckily we have good sewer lines.

Lori-I belong to Golds. I don''t recommend it honestly. Only a handful of trainers are worth a crap and they are really just overbearing salespeople. We switched to the Ronnies gym from the Manchester location (looks nice but the trainers and people just suck) and so far its been ok other than the really REALLY pushy sales tactics they try to get you suckered in with. I was thinking I might like Club Fitness or Shape Express better since Ryan never actually goes to the gym.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2005 2:18:33 PM
Author: HAMMER

First thiing I tried. :)

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2005 12:11:59 PM
Author: IslandDreams
ame--

sorry for your cuddling garbage disposal! I hope you get it fixed. Don''t you just love plumbing? When I first moved into my house the initial time I used the garbage disposal was a real trip. I had put brocolli stems down it and turned it on. The doors under my sink flew open and brocolli bits hurled through the air....going at least 10 feet. I was covered in shredded greens. After I managed to get it turned off, I looked under the sink and there in all it''s glory was my problem...the previous owners had connected the pipes using rubber bands...and they broke. Duh! Plumbing in my house has been a constant hassle. I even had mushrooms growning out from under my toilet because the people didn''t use the wax ring properly. Needless to say I''m getting very good at plumbing
14.gif
Good luck with yours!
Ame,

LOL!!! There went the coffee thru my nose! That would have been a classic on America''s Funniest Videos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results