shape
carat
color
clarity

You dont want too know this!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

From the Science Channel

THE EARTH is a CLOSED system of environment.
All the water is recycled.
the ONLY way the Earth can get NEW/MORE water is ONLY if an iceball type comet hits us and the ice melts and is added into the system.
OTHERWISE
over the course of millions of years the water goes from rain to salt water to evaporated, to ground water etc etc and the best estimate is that water completely recycles over about a 10 million year period of time.
SO
the next time you have been out sweating that precious water from your system and you take that HUGE gulp of cold WONDERFUL liquid refreshment you need to sustain your life... just remember that there is a HUGELY great possiblity you are drinking what was previously dinosaur pee.

and that is one to grow on

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
LOL funny. Yep, guess it makes you wonder in 100 years or whatever all the crap that''s going into the ocean is going to be in our rain and drining water. Will have to have steel umbrellas to keep from literally melting in the rain....hmmm

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re right - I didn''t want to know.
14.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
All the more reason to take care of the water we have and keep it clean!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
TMI TMI TMI!

Ick!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUM, as I take a big gulp of it now. hehehe
2.gif
14.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
yes its a closed system and whoever is here stays here forever and ever in one form or another. We need to know it to apprecieate it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 7:30:07 PM
Author:strmrdr

From the Science Channel

the ONLY way the Earth can get NEW/MORE water is ONLY if an iceball type comet hits us and the ice melts and is added into the system.
OTHERWISE
over the course of millions of years the water goes from rain to salt water to evaporated, to ground water etc etc and the best estimate is that water completely recycles over about a 10 million year period of time.

SO
the next time you have been out sweating that precious water from your system and you take that HUGE gulp of cold WONDERFUL liquid refreshment you need to sustain your life... just remember that there is a HUGELY great possiblity you are drinking what was previously dinosaur pee.

and that is one to grow on

eh, doesn''t phase me at all considering I''ve already reconciled the fact that my tongue is made of dinosaur poop!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe I''m weird, but the thought my body is made of the same matter that made up dinosaurs and ice age glaciers, stromatolites and primordial ooze is kind of cool.
Circle of life baby!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
HAHAHA!!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uh... gee.... thanks for telling us this Storm. ha ha ha ha ha haha.

Linda

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2007 11:25:44 PM
Author: Linda W
Uh... gee.... thanks for telling us this Storm. ha ha ha ha ha haha.

Linda
Your welcome....
Would you like too know how mushrooms are grown for the next time you order pizza?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
The last time I saw on TV, they were grown in a dark room. I am sure you will tell me a different story.
14.gif
ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Linda

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Reminds me oa a poster a friend of mone made, printed and sold

It''s all brown and dark with a pair of oval shaped eyes

Below it is says:

I think I must be a MUSHROOM.....

Everyone keeps me in the dark and feeds me BULL$%@*!

Rockdoc

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 7:30:07 PM
Author:strmrdr

OTHERWISE

hmph... is this really news to anyone?? Everything on the earth is recycled from something... how on "earth" (haha) could there be new introductions of matter without "iceball type comets" entering our atmosphere?

Matter is just matter. Molecules move around, separate, re-bond to different molecules to form something different--constantly. So yeah, there are molecules in water that used to also be molecules that formed dinosaur pee. It doesn''t mean that the water you''re drinking is the equivalent of running dinosaur pee through a Brita filter
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results