shape
carat
color
clarity

You can only have ONE ring, which one would you keep?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds, it really is such a hard question, I've been thinking about this for days and still hadn't come up with the one I would keep! One ring to me is like what one food will you eat for the rest of your life, I love food almost as much as rings so that would be ;(
i looked through all of mine and just can't deside but to be fair some need to be resized and have not been warn so i havn't given everyone equal love

i ate so many strawberries last year for the first time in my life i kind of got sick of them

maybe my great Aunt's ER ?
because although she's not large by today's standards i feel she's the nicest diamond I'll ever own
i have to do more thinking

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have many rings but i do think i found the ring to rule them all with my most recent purchase. for many years probably since 2014ish, i admired the work of an etsy goldsmith named jenny kim. her work took my breath away! beautiful floral designs in rich colored metals, she sculpted each piece individually and then cast them so each piece was original! i loved her work but at the time, i didn't really have the money to put into jewelry. in 2016, she closed her shop and she has not reopened since.

i checked her etsy on a weekly basis since 2017 hoping to see her open back up and still, nothing! so i never got one of her pieces... until i was randomly browsing diamondbistro this summer and what do i see? a rose gold jenny kim ring in exactly my size! i literally GASPED because ive only ever seen one of her pieces sold preloved once before and that was several years ago. finally! the chance to have a jenny kim!

since i got it, i've not taken it off and i honestly just spend so much time staring at it... it is the most beautiful ring i've ever seen and i dont ever see myself parting with it. i would give up all my other jewelry before i give this one up.
oh thats so esquizet
no wounder its your favourite

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Wewechew, how special that you have your grandmother's ring as your original e-ring. If you have a picture handy I'd love to see it!

@Daisys and Diamonds, I don't have many rings that don't fit but I do have rings with a story that I don't really wear but don't want to sell because of the story. So yeah I feel the pain!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Wewechew, OMG gorgeous ring and it looks so great on you!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm like @Gussie -- I am not emotionally attached to my jewels. And I don't have any heirlooms (I lost the only one I had...from my mom :blackeye:). So I'm choosing the big girl -- my newly re-set three-stone antique cushion ring. :geek2:

3stone stack of 3 in car.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have to choose the VC big one since it is my 25th anniversary present. But I will have to have two because my original wedding ring stones were put into a band. I have two hands so need two rings right?

1572281597973.png

1572281470346.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a tough one. My AVR is probably my favorite diamond, but it is STILL not reset into its final home. So it's not complete. My antique asscher is equally rare and loved, but it is set into a beautiful CVB setting that makes it my favorite completed ring. Ugh, I love my other rings made by CVB, too. As others said, I wish this post allowed us to keep two! I'll have to revisit this once my AVR is reset. For now, here are both:

AVR and Antique Asscher.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66, gosh that 25th anniversary ring is gorgeous and I love how you used the diamonds from your original ring and made a band you can wear on your other hand so of course you need two!

@diamondseeker2006 that asscher ring is decolicious, love that and can't wait to see what you decide to do with the AVR!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a question? ::) I know 3 stone rings in general, and mine in particular, probably aren't everyone's cup of tea. But my ACA beauty is thoroughly to my taste and I'd have a dozen different three stones in all different sizes, metals and gems if I could! In the meantime, tho, I'll settle for this beauty.

I have to say, tho, my opal 'Merry' ring and my 5 stone ruby and diamond antique ring battle it out for a close 2nd

Well, close...ish... :mrgreen:

20190915_125051.jpg

20190915_125253.jpg

Stack of the day.jpeg

20181102_111811.jpg

20181017_115657.jpg

20190515_142617.jpg

If your three stone ring is everyone's cup of tea, then they are crazy people - that thing is GORGEOUS! I think the proportions on it are perfect :kiss2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring @LLJsmom!
@mellowyellowgirl wow, I don't recall having seen your yellow diamond ring before but it is...WOW!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DBL yellow diamond ring. Not only do I adore it, I suspect it would be hard to recreate.

received_408751253175764.jpeg

That is stunning. Drop dead gorgeous. And it looks amazing on you. What a masterpiece. :kiss2:
More pics please or better yet, is there a thread on this delicious ring that you can link us to?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be great-grandmother's diamond and gold engagement ring from 1917. She lived to be 101!
20191101_154544.jpg

Beautiful ring and good luck too! And I LOVE your nails. So lovely.:love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, you're too kind, thanks @missy !!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a tough one. My AVR is probably my favorite diamond, but it is STILL not reset into its final home. So it's not complete. My antique asscher is equally rare and loved, but it is set into a beautiful CVB setting that makes it my favorite completed ring.

@diamondseeker2006 please remind me, is your AVR is an I color?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a tough one. My AVR is probably my favorite diamond, but it is STILL not reset into its final home. So it's not complete. My antique asscher is equally rare and loved, but it is set into a beautiful CVB setting that makes it my favorite completed ring. Ugh, I love my other rings made by CVB, too. As others said, I wish this post allowed us to keep two! I'll have to revisit this once my AVR is reset. For now, here are both:

@diamondseeker2006 -

I love your asscher. But girrrrrllll - I am ALL about your AVR! That diamond - mercy!! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results