shape
carat
color
clarity

you and your FI or husband look like a matching couple?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
does your friends ever say something like...you two really match each other.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
hardly. I am preppy/casual where he is metal/construction worker.

the only time we match is after the dog park (mud on both of us!)

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Yes. When we were newlyweds, people thought we were siblings. This got interesting when we had children because we constantly try to claim what parts of their faces are "ours."

Friends think they think we''re a good match because of our similar sense of humor and *wit*.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
HA! No...we look nothing alike. I have re-hauled his wardrobe though so our clothing may be matchy some days.

People have said that we''ll make beautiful babies though!
31.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
"Look" - I''m not totally sure - we definately do have the same taste in clothes/style.
But personality - absolutely - we are the male and female versions of each other
20.gif

And yep, our mutual friends used to say as much even before we got together - most of the time its great, sometimes..well, we''re both stubborn
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Nope never, they say we are really suited to each other but not that we mathc in looks or anything.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2009 5:41:48 AM
Author:Dancing Fire
does your friends ever say something like...you two really match each other.
ALL the time, usually whilst rolling their eyes at how we play off one another. I don''t know if we''re a physical match - he has a moustache after all - but mentally and temperment-wise and smart-ass wise, we couldn''t be better suited.
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yup. Similar ethnic backgrounds, similar appearance, similar tendencies towards nerdiness. It works for us.
9.gif

We also get mistaken for siblings occasionally.
20.gif
Drives me crazy.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
My DH and I have enough differences to keep things interesting.

Plus he''s waayyy better looking than I am.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Physically no, but style-wise yes. We''ve also grown to think/speak like each other which I consider to be natural.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, we''re pretty much opposites physically, but I like to think we look cute together! We''re also pretty much opposites as far as our personalities go, but we balance each other out!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know FF likes to match.

I was wearing a black dress with red heels to a wedding and he''s like "Oh! I can wear a black suit with a red tie!"
20.gif

He thought it was adorable.

In general, no we don''t match. I dress pretty boring, and he''s nerd-chic.
3.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Not a chance, thank goodness!

cheers--Sharon

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um. HAHAHAHA. Yeah. Where shall I begin on how DIFFERENT we are!

He''s tall (6''5!!) and I''m short (5''4)
He''s pale and I''m brown
He''s as lanky as it gets, I have several pounds to lose
31.gif

He''s shy and introvert-ish, I''m outgoing and wont ever shut-up

People say we balance each other out perfectly
1.gif
Although on the more important things (morals, principles, beliefs etc) we hardly ever disagree.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Not at all, but I have been mistaken for his sister a good amount. Espicially in pics. Lil creepy if u ask me!
23.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I think we match... we are both on the shorter side and he is muscular and I am not tiny... ha like I''m not stick thin, so we are both solid. And we both have brown hair... we don''t look related but we do have a certain "match" feeling to us...
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
17.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 10:43:54 AM
Author: CrookedRock
Not at all, but I have been mistaken for his sister a good amount. Espicially in pics. Lil creepy if u ask me!
23.gif
I know! I hate it when that happens! I''m always like, hellooooo - see the wedding rings?!?!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in the same boat as Kama.

DH is tall (6''1") and I''m a shortie (5''0")
I have blonde hair, blue eyes and DH has brown hair, brown eyes
DH does not tan and I do - although not easily and I''m usually pale as pale gets
I''m generally quiet and more observative and DH is a "Chatty Cathy" and never shuts his trap
DH loves to drive and I hate it
I like doing indoor things (shopping, watching Lifetime movies
2.gif
) and DH likes outdoor activities
DH hardly ever loses his temper whereas I tend to be a bit of a drama queen
20.gif

We do have similar senses of humor and stances on things like religion, money issues, politics, etc. Also, neither of us are into sports at all.

My dad has always said that we balance each other out and that''s why we get along so well.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 10:45:25 AM
Author: geckodani

23.gif
I know! I hate it when that happens! I'm always like, hellooooo - see the wedding rings?!?!
Well it sounds like you guys actually resemble one another. We don't at all! It just so happens that his sis has blonde hair and the same body type as me. So it only happens to us when people know his sis or see pics of him and her and they tell me how cute we are thinking it's me in the pics! EW!
Funny side story. There is a pic of FI's sis hugging him and all you can see is her back side and his face. Well she was a few years older than him in HS and she was def one of the pretty girls. All his friends loved her. One night a friend of his made a joke about "my" nice backside in the pic (totally messing with him), and didn't realize it was his sis. Nedless to say that didn't go over as planned! LOL

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 10:48:07 AM
Author: DivaDiamond007
We do have similar senses of humor and stances on things like religion, money issues, politics, etc. Also, neither of us are into sports at all.

Dh and I also have a similar sense of humur and are sarcastic. Also, samilar spiritual beliefs and political ideologies. Dh IS totally into sports, however, I am not.

Physically, we look nothing alike. Dh is 6'' 1'' with very dark hair and brown eyes. I''m 5'' 4" with med. brown hair and green eyes. He''s solidly built and I''m slender. He wears t-shirts and non-statement-type jeans and the same Merrills every day. I wear fitted sweaters and designer jeans, paired with one of many pairs of cute shoes!

DH is utterly against jewelry and wears ONLY his wedding ring (the only jewelery he owns). Of course, me on the other hand, always have on my diamond eng. ring, studs, and usually a pendant!

The only activity that would define us as a couple, if someone was looking at us afar, is both of us reading books together. We do so when on the ferry or at the park. Also, at home. We have bookcases bulging with books!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Fiance and I have similar ethnic backgrounds, and look somewhat similar physically (fair skin, dark blonde hair, light eyes). We don't look like siblings IMO, but we do look a bit more alike than my actual siblings and I do! I have two siblings with Irish features - very pale skin, freckles, and very red hair, and my youngest sibling has olive skin, very dark hair, and looks JUST like my Italian Grandma!

Though we physically look like a match our personalities are VERY different - we are definitely of the opposites attract group of couples!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 10:52:20 AM

23.gif
I know! I hate it when that happens! I'm always like, hellooooo - see the wedding rings?!?!
Well it sounds like you guys actually resemble one another. We don't at all! It just so happens that his sis has blonde hair and the same body type as me. So it only happens to us when people know his sis or see pics of him and her and they tell me how cute we are thinking it's me in the pics! EW!
Funny side story. There is a pic of FI's sis hugging him and all you can see is her back side and his face. Well she was a few years older than him in HS and she was def one of the pretty girls. All his friends loved her. One night a friend of his made a joke about 'my' nice backside in the pic (totally messing with him), and didn't realize it was his sis. Nedless to say that didn't go over as planned! LOL
That is hilarious!

And yeah, I guess we kinda look alike, LOL! Chubby nerds.
41.gif

ZooGD23!.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Nah, I'm half Asian and he's of Scandinavian descent. We look good together, though.
9.gif

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium

23.gif
I know! I hate it when that happens! I''m always like, hellooooo - see the wedding rings?!?!
I find it SO much creepier when I''m with one of my brothers and someone thinks we''re married!!
14.gif

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

(ick)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We both have dark hair and blue eyes and our skin coloring is similar so we do make a pretty good pair!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 11:47:20 AM
Author: paeony

23.gif
I find it SO much creepier when I''m with one of my brothers and someone thinks we''re married!!
14.gif

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

(ick)
Gah! Yes, that would be worse!!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We look like siblings but we couldn''t be more different every other way!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Personality = perfect match. Look = no freaking way. Lol we are both hispanic but he''s darker than I am.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol! I have no idea actually. I just hope that "you always look like your dog" thing isn''t true either!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results