shape
carat
color
clarity

yippee

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I know a few weeks back I posted a pic of the jailbird STD magnets that I thought were so cute. Real cute, but didn''t really go with our theme and vision of the wedding. Well about two weeks ago, after a minor spat about him not seeming involved in any plans, my dear boy went on ebay looking for a style to surprise me and bid on them. I think they are awesome and certainly do fit with our theme. This was the sample and we''re having ''the wedding of...'' put before our names. I''m giddy because she shipped them today! I could be addressing my magnets by the weekend and that will make it seem much more real to me- that we are actually mailing something to people saying ''hey, we really are getting married''!

Attachments

• carla1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 203

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t see the pic - can you try reposting it?

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
that''s so exciting!!!!!

BUT...can''t see the pic either!!! Repost please!!!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Something is up with this computer- of course! it won''t let me post it. I have to fight with it and try again in a while.

Basically, it''s a white magnet with a witche''s hat and a broom on one side and in Old English font it says ''save the date'' in red with ''the wedding of Carla and Ian, invitation to follow'' in black.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, that sounds just PERFECT for the theme of your wedding - I''d say he did a great job!!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Nyt!!! That does sound perfecto, you guys are doing Halloween, right?

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, we''re doing Halloween. Of course my mom STILL doesn''t 100% think we''re serious. I was telling her about the magnets the other day and she couldn''t have rolled her eyes any harder. She says, "so when are you going to do something normal, instead of it being a circus?" I just smiled and left the room.

For some reason, I got kicked out of PS Tuesday when I tried to post the pic again. Yesterday was my day off so I wasn''t online. I think my work computer is dying; it''s not letting me do a lot of things anymore. What I''ll try is when we get the magnets, I''ll take a picture of one, scan it and see if I can get the file to work that way.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, how''d you choose the date? I like the idea of getting married on Halloween! Of course, my mom would never go for it either.
20.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
In late 2004, when he first used the M word in conversation, we both decided that we would want it in October. (at the time I was hoping woohoo, Oct 2005!) but it didn''t happen. The week after he proposed, I looked at the calender and said there are 5 Sundays in Oct this year and one is my birthday, (since weddings are cheaper on a Sunday, that''s when I sort of assumed we would do it.) He says, well, I was thinking of having a night wedding on Halloween; that''s an important day to you, even though it''s a Tuesday (I''m Wiccan) I almost fell off the chair I was so shocked and loved him so much for suggesting it.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, that''s too sweet! And I think its a fantastic wedding date, so original and its such a fun day.
36.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
It will be fun... it''s not going to be a full-on Halloween party, since it is a wedding, but there will be some definate influence in the centerpieces and the like. My niece wants to make little marshmallow ghosts to have in bowls during cocktail hour, to go with the littles dishes of candy corn we plan on having spread around the room.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results