shape
carat
color
clarity

Yikes!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

*RubyRN*

Shiny_Rock
OK.. sooooo I have finally narrowed down my ring decisions:

Settings: #1. WF Legato with Micropave in WG
#2. WF Harmony in WG
#3. Ritani Endless Love w/o Halo (wish this came in WG, it''s pricey for budget
so I''d have to compromise a good deal on my diamond to get this one)

What do you guys think?
1.gif

I have a few diamonds I have inquired about with WF today.. all are roughly 1ct, Expert Selection, just waiting to get a little more info. I told BF last night that I had finally narrowed it down to a couple settings and sat him down at the computer and showed him the settings and the diamonds and he had to sit through me starting to explain why the diamonds are good quality, etc. Luckily, I caught myself before rambling too much :) He did a fair job of pretending like he was interested
25.gif
. Hopefully we''ll get this thing moving soon because my family knows I''ve been looking at rings and they won''t stop asking when it''s going to happen!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Do you have any pictures of those ring settings? ''fraid I don''t know ''em by heart.
1.gif

*RubyRN*

Shiny_Rock
Oops! Silly me
3.gif
''fraid I don''t know how to paste em on, so here''s links from random PS owners:

Ritani

Legato with Micropave

Harmony

Of course I won''t have the gigantic rocks shown :)

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Hi RubyRN!
All of those settings are beautiful!

Have you tried on halo and non-halo style settings in person?
I was tempted to get a halo setting until Pandora suggested trying some things on, and lo and behold, halos really don''t look so good on my hand.
So if you haven''t already, I suggest having fun trying on some rings at your local B&M!
9.gif

goodfun7580

Shiny_Rock
I personally love that Ritani, it looks so delicate, and makes the rock look bigger! They are all beautiful though!

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Oh d''oh! Sorry RubyRN, I totally misread your initial post about the Ritani w/o Halo!
Sorry!!!
14.gif
(soo embarrassed!)

My fave: I like the micropave details on head of the Ritani setting!
Second choice would be WF Legato (I love the Legato head!)
I personally would probably end up choosing the WF Legato just b/c it looks great and it''s the least expensive.

*RubyRN*

Shiny_Rock
LOL, lysama- I figured you didn''t notice that I said w/o halo :) I also tried on some halo-style rings but hated the way they looked on me.

I have to say I would definitely pick the Ritani hands-down if it weren''t so much more expensive than the others. I keep trying to convince myself to pick one of the less expensive WF settings, but I''m worried that if I do get one, I''ll end up saying to myself "it would have been worth the extra money for the Ritani!!". HOWEVER, I''m in Nebraska, and I think the closest Ritani dealer is in Kansas or Colorado and I don''t really plan on driving somewhere to try on a ring. Therefore, I have never seen it in person (although I would LOVE to); so really, whatever I end up doing will be a leap of faith anyway
12.gif

Also, it may still be awhile before we can make an actual purchase as my BF refuses to buy anything on credit and just had to pay big bucks for some dental work (no dental insurance! tsk tsk..).. we''ll see
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I am biased because I have the Ritani. And I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain Ritani will do it in WG upon request. I know it was offered to me when I was getting my ring.

Also try contacting Mark at ERD for the stone and setting if you''re comfortable doing it online. He might be able to help you work your budget to get the Ritani!

incmisirlou

Rough_Rock
Ruby, all 3 choices are beautiful. which 1 do you keep going back to? and which one does your bf like the best?

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 1:50:21 PM
Author: *RubyRN*
I have to say I would definitely pick the Ritani hands-down if it weren''t so much more expensive than the others. I keep trying to convince myself to pick one of the less expensive WF settings, but I''m worried that if I do get one, I''ll end up saying to myself ''it would have been worth the extra money for the Ritani!!''.

Yeah, sometimes I wonder if I should have chosen a diamond center stone instead of a sapphire, which was much less expensive... I keep finding myself thinking that I might just have to get myself a diamond someday in the future. For the short term, I guess my practical side won. (Boo for practicality!)
But only time will tell if I''ll be "at peace" with my choice for the long term.
3.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
I think all 3 choices would give you a beautiful ring.

I will say that in looking at the Ritani (and Simon G) rings this last Sunday, they truly did stand out from the non-designer rings. I have never seen a WF ring in person, but they do look very pretty- and with all the PSers that are happy with theirs and haven''t had trouble with the quality, I think they are a good choice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results