shape
carat
color
clarity

Yet another sweater question...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
So there''s been a lot of questions about where to buy sweaters, coats, etc., and I had another question. This year I seem to have developed a very irritating skin sensitivity to both my old and new sweaters. I washed all my sweaters, used extra softener, bought some new sweaters, the works. The problem is, every single sweater I wear makes me itch. Horribly. My skin is already pretty sensitive, so I''m wondering if anyone knows of some good material or good blends (other than PURE cashmere, since I can''t afford a wardrobe of that... I wish!), that will help with the itching. Thanks in advance!

*M*

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poptart, do you use scented detergents and fabric softeners? If so, the perfumes might be causing the problem--see whether using fragrance-free detergents & softeners helps.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Same thing happened to me. I can''t wear anything except cashmere and cotton. You can find some reasonably priced cashmere. I bought a $299 sweater on sale at Neiman Marcus for $139. You can get cashmere crews for around $125. It isn''t the highest end cashmere but it is still nice. Also, you can buy more classic styles and they will last you for years to come.

I did buy some nice warm fleece type tops from lands end and JJILL just for lounging around the house. They are pretty inexpensive.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions!

Madame Bijoux: My detergent does have fragrance, but I use the same one my mom used when I was little, so perhaps I have developed an allergy to it? The funny thing is, my other clothes don''t itch... just the sweaters, so that''s why I am wondering about the material.

Allisonfaye: I''m sorry the same thing happened to you, but at least I know now I''m not crazy or imagining it. I may have to just get cotton or cashmere blends like you suggested. Perhaps the wool is starting to bother me. I hate having sensitive skin!

*M*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results