shape
carat
color
clarity

Yet another shoe post...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
So I haven't bought my dress yet, but I found these shoes that I love! I already have them in champagne (for my mom's wedding actually!), and they are super comfy. I have been itching over whether or not I should get them in pink for my own big day. What are your thoughts? Am I crazy to buy my shoes before I have a dress? And do these look nice enough for a semiformal synagogue wedding/reception that may or may not be outside?

Thank you ladies!!!!

Shoes!

ETA: The picture I attached is super dark for some reason, it isn't quit so dark IRL. Thank you!

Pink Savina.JPG

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Here is another view with a more true to life color.

pink savina side view 654.jpg

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
ooh i love this sandal, what type of dress were you planning on wearing? on its own, it does seem a bit casual, but the pink flowers are so lovely
1.gif
have you thought of wearing a heel with a similar flower in the front? i know i've come across some really nice ones

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Thanks FF, I CANNOT wear any kind of heal. I have a serious back injury and I must be in flats. And then there is the fact that my darling FI is shorter than I am by 2 inches already.

My dress is going to be semiformal, which is so broad. I want it to be a bride''s dress but not over the top. Hopefully minimal to no train, also to ease up the weight my little spine has to carry. I need to get on top of posting my latest trip where I tried on 4 dresses and really liked 2. But getting the pictures ready and onto PS is always so much work.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
oh ok, maybe i''ll get a better idea once i see the dress photos, no hurry of course

if you love the shoe, i say stick with it, but if you aren''t sure if they go with the dress you decide on, i''m sure we can find you some comfee flats
1.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Oooooooh, so pretty!!! The color is awesome!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Thanks PP, so you think they are nice enough for my wedding shoes?

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of the champagne colored shoes while I was trying on dresses this past weekend.

COL dress 3 with shoes.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Excuse my plain toe nails, I was getting my pedi later in the week and never bothered taking new photos. But this gives you an idea of what they look like on my foot up close.

savina shoe top.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
OK, last one to give you an idea of the shoes IRL. Thank you ladies! I really just need to know if I am crazy to order my shoes before the dress. I guess my fear is of these shoes disappearing in my size! I am now going to go post my dress shopping pictures from the weekend!

savina shoes together.jpg

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I would buy the shoes to wear anyway whether they matched the dress or not
2.gif

But really, the shoes are so cute and if you know you have to wear flats anyway, then I say go for it! The only thing is, will you be comfortable in shoes without a back like those? Could they possibly fall off your feet? If you know they''ll be really comfortable then I think you should get them. The flowers are really pretty and if it''s a spring/summer wedding then I think they would be good as flat shoes. When are you getting married?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a note: I bought my shoes before I was engaged.
2.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I would probably save the money and wear the champagne ones you already have. Just so you wouldn't have 2 of the same style of shoe. But I think they're fine for wedding shoes, especially if it ends up being an outdoor wedding.

ETA: BTW, Born makes some of the comfiest shoes out there...nice choice!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
oh i really like the champagne colored shoes with the dress you tried on, will the champagne work or is pink your theme?

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Lilac - I am getting married June 13th, 2010. Possibly an outdoor ceremony. And I think the backless shoes will be ok, as I can''t do much dancing because of my back. Only slow dances with my groom.

Freke - You crack me up! And I keep telling myself if I have to get a different pair, these will be fun all summer! But can I really have these awesome shoes in my closet for a whole year without wearing them???

Jstar - $$$ is an issue, but I love these shoes and wouldn''t mind having two colors. I almost never splurge on shoes unless I need them for an event.

FickleFaye - Pink is an accent color, royal blue is my BM dress color and my flowers are going to be bright pink and orange. And I am totally in love with the idea of having a bright pop of color under my dress! I love all the pictures I see with this!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i say go for it, i''m wearing red shoes myself for that pop of color
9.gif

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock

oh gosh, i''m a little slow, i just realized i was commenting on your dress and shoes on two different threads and didn''t realize it was you in both of them

3.gif

with these pink shoes, i still vote for #4 dress on your recent trip, especially since you mentioned the informal wedding, i think it would make a great combo

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
FF - LMAO! I almost put that shoe photo with the dress in the dress thread, then realized I should put it over in this one! It can be quite confusing with two threads going at once! Oh you just gave me a good laugh! Thank you!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
hehe, i''m glad that gave you a laugh, i was quite confused at one point but i''m glad i figured it out
3.gif
good luck with your next dress shopping trips!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 8:31:54 PM
Author: ilovesparkles
Thanks PP, so you think they are nice enough for my wedding shoes?

I definitely do. The color is SO pretty, and your wedding is in the summer, so you''re able to do a sandal. I love shoes that utilize non traditional colors. Colored shoes just add an awesome pop to the dress.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results