shape
carat
color
clarity

Yet another post about jewelry cleaners...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LE

Rough_Rock
I''ve decided to buy the Jewel Jet steam cleaner and I''m interested in buying a solution to use before steam cleaning. What solution have you bought to clean your diamond, platinum, and white gold jewelry? I''m not interested in making a solution of dish soap, ammonia, etc.

Also, has anyone purchased the refurbished/returned Jewel Jet cleaners from eBay? The manufacturer is selling them for $59 instead of the usual $99.

Thanks!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found my JJ on ebay new for about $79 and am really happy with it. I have been using a mixture of windex and water out of my pure filter as my cleaner when I use my JJ. I put the cleaner in the microwave, soak the jewelry for about 5 minutes then use the JJ. I usually us a SI ultrasonic to clean my stuff but I think the windex and steam cleaner get my stones a little bit cleaner.

find45di2

Shiny_Rock
Its funny you posted about the Jet Steam because I was looking at them on eBay for the first time tonight and was wondering why that seller has some at $59, and others at $99.

Are these units worth the money? I am considering the $59 one since it comes with a 1 year warranty.

Should I get my future fiance one of these? Or one of those ultrasonic ones? I want her ring to always shine nice:)

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I got a Jewel Jet for Christmas a few years ago, and it cleaned stones very well. I also liked the steamer. However, cleaning part stopped working after a few months, but the steamer is still good. There is a special cleaner that goes with it, and it''s too bad I can''t get your address privately because I have a few unused bottles that I''d send you because I''m never going to use it.

I would recommend an US cleaner over the Jewel Jet.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Another thing to consider is storage. The US will fit nicely into a drawer or closet, where the Jewel Jet is much bigger and harder to store away.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with everyone''s answers. I think if I had to choose I would keep the US over the JJ. I keep the JJ in my kitchen cupboard so I don''t use it too often. My US stays on my dresser and I use it almost every day. I do like them both.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results