shape
carat
color
clarity

Yet another plea for bridesmaids dress help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
A good friend of mine just got engaged and they are planning to get married in early October of next year. She is open to choosing a color (either brown or peridot green) and then letting us BMs choose our own dresses. David''s Bridal is one of the options of where to shop but I would like to pass on additional choices to her because I don''t find much of their stuff re-wearable (its all taffeta or satin- very bridesmaidsy).

Does anyone have a suggestion for an additional designer? I''ve also looked at a lot of the Watters stuff but I''m not sure how easy it would be to do the one color-pick your dress thing with them.

Thanks for your input.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
She would have to pick a fabric and a color. I think that Jasmine''s BM lines and Bari Jay and Bill Levkoff are generally pretty easy to do what you want with.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Alfred Angelo has a lot of really nice things that are affordable and everything comes in the same colors.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mintve and Gypsy!

Mintve- I do love your dress! I just saw that on your thread. Unfortunately, she wants to either do brown with a green sash or green with a brown sash (or some sort of coordinating accent).

We did just find one from Bill Levkoff that we both liked. Style #806. Do you think this could be "sashed"?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 3:17:19 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
Alfred Angelo has a lot of really nice things that are affordable and everything comes in the same colors.

Not sure why I didn''t think of Alfred Angelo! I''m wearing one of his dresses for a wedding I am in next May. Thanks for reminding me!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 3:20:24 PM
Author: Clairitek
Thanks Mintve and Gypsy!

Mintve- I do love your dress! I just saw that on your thread. Unfortunately, she wants to either do brown with a green sash or green with a brown sash (or some sort of coordinating accent).

We did just find one from Bill Levkoff that we both liked. Style #806. Do you think this could be ''sashed''?

my MOH is wearing the 806 in pistachio! it''s a really pretty, subtle shade of green, and she absolutely loved it (even though she never dresses up). i don''t know about sashing it, but you could always try doing so in the store and see how it looks. what about getting the dresses in one color and jewelry in the other?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I adore that dress IWPO! Thanks for showing me another bridal designer with a wide range of colors and styles. I''ll pass it on to my friend.

Doodle- I LOVE the pistachio color. It seems that the bride is leaning towards brown because she likes the contrast of the dark chocolate to her white or ivory dress. If she were to go for green that is the shade I think we would be aiming for.

She only got engaged a week ago, returned from her vacation on Sunday, and we''ve already logged at least 3 hours together online looking at BM dresses! This could take a while.
3.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
personally, i think brown dresses with some really pretty green jewelry would be lovely, and she''d be killing two birds with one stone (no pun intended) if she got the jewelry as bridesmaid gifts...but maybe i just feel that way because i really like necklaces, haha!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I am using jcrew dresses for my wedding, and I know they have brown dresses (the color is espresso).

Ann Taylor might also be a good option if you are not looking for something quite so bridesmaid-y.

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Try Nordstrom. They have some very cute dresses in those colors...those are my colors, and my sister is currently shopping for her dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results