shape
carat
color
clarity

yet another photoshop request...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I was a bridesmaid last August for a friend, and during our exhaustive hunt for bridesmaid dresses, I saw this Jim Hjelm Occasions number. I thought to myself, "That would make a gorgeous wedding gown..." Well, the ring is being made, we''re announcing our intentions to the parents on Thanksgiving, and our venue has a hold until the event manager gets back to me about contracts and deposits. So, if someone would show me how this beautiful black dress would look in ivory, I''d appreciate it. Thanks!!!

Oh, btw, has anyone seen this dress in real life?

jimjim.JPG

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
This is just a quick version but hopefully you can get an idea of what it would look like

jimjimwhite.jpg

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
lol, well you have two examples! hahaha

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 3:05:02 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
lol, well you have two examples! hahaha

Hahaha, we must have been working on it at the same time. I hate how the color replace tool makes it look weird sometimes. Do you have the actual color replace brush? I can''t ever seem to find it...and just use the edit function...

*threadjack over*

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 3:06:58 PM
Author: misspinky

Hahaha, we must have been working on it at the same time. I hate how the color replace tool makes it look weird sometimes. Do you have the actual color replace brush? I can''t ever seem to find it...and just use the edit function...

*threadjack over*
In my version of Photoshop you right click on the brush tool to select the color replacement brush.
2.gif

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies!!! It looks gorgeous. I can''t seem to find anywhere locally that carries it, but since it''s a bridesmaid dress (hence, not terribly expensive), I''m almost wondering if I should just go for it, and look elsewhere if it doesn''t work out. Again, many thanks.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I have that tool, but I just do it thru the select color option.

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 3:39:13 PM
Author: girlie-girl
Date: 11/24/2008 3:06:58 PM

Author: misspinky

*threadjack over*

In my version of Photoshop you right click on the brush tool to select the color replacement brush.
2.gif

LOL! That worked perfectly! You''re brilliant!

kelbelle134

Rough_Rock
Yes!! I have seen this dress, a shop in town carries Jim Helm and they had a fashion show and this was the star of the show as far as bridesmaids go.

I saw it in black, it was beautiful. Also wanted to let you know that sometimes they do a 15% or 20% discount on their bridesmaids dresses alot, so you can get it for a great price.

Hope that helps
2.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I've seen this dress in person, and I've actually tried it on. It's as beautiful as it looks in the pictures, and it's actually more flattering than I had expected. The reason I was trying it on was because I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding in which we all wore different Jim Hjelm dresses. Here's the kicker: One of the other bridesmaids actually wore that one! The main color was "ice blue" (aqua) and the accent was mocha. Here's the best pic I have of the bridesmaid who wore that dress. I know it's not exactly what you were looking for, but at least you can see it more realistically in a light color. Hope it helps!

ETA: If you're interested, I highly recommend Netbride - that's where I got my Jim Hjelm bridesmaid dress. They were great - dress came on time, in perfect condition, and for cheaper than the bridal shops, with free shipping and no tax.

icebluedress.jpg

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 7:06:30 PM
Author: jstarfireb
I''ve seen this dress in person, and I''ve actually tried it on. It''s as beautiful as it looks in the pictures, and it''s actually more flattering than I had expected. The reason I was trying it on was because I was a bridesmaid in my friend''s wedding in which we all wore different Jim Hjelm dresses. Here''s the kicker: One of the other bridesmaids actually wore that one! The main color was ''ice blue'' (aqua) and the accent was mocha. Here''s the best pic I have of the bridesmaid who wore that dress. I know it''s not exactly what you were looking for, but at least you can see it more realistically in a light color. Hope it helps!

ETA: If you''re interested, I highly recommend Netbride - that''s where I got my Jim Hjelm bridesmaid dress. They were great - dress came on time, in perfect condition, and for cheaper than the bridal shops, with free shipping and no tax.
Oooohhh...thank you so much for the picture on a real person, and your personal comments/experience trying it on!!! I''m on the shorter side (5''2"), so I''m considering asking the seamstress to use the extra fabric to make a sort of pleated cummerbund so there''s a little more definition around the waist...

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
No problem! Glad I could help, and sorry I don''t have better pics. The dress is definitely made on the longer side, so a sash or something would be an excellent use of extra fabric.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results