shape
carat
color
clarity

Yet ANOTHER friend to get engaged....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KissyKissy

Rough_Rock
So yet another friend got engaged recently. I''ve had 6 friends get engaged in the last six months and my b.f. and I have been together at least TWO YEARS longer than any of the newly engaged couples. And we started talking about getting engaged/married before one of my friends even MET her fiance!!! Ahhhhhh!! I feel like we are moving in slow motion. Every time I try to say anything though, my b.f. just says, "Be patient I have a plan." Well speed up your plan pal!! KissyKissy has ants in her pants!!! Some days I am fine and other days I want to tear my hair out!! Especially when all my coworker talks about all day is her danged wedding. I want to share in the fun!!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I honestly can''t say I know how you feel since I''ll most probably be the first engaged in my circle of friends, but I can still sympathize. Especially if you''ve been with your SO so much longer then them... Ick, that must be frustrating!!
32.gif
But I do know how it feels to be fine one day and be tearing your hair out the following morning.
26.gif

Hang on in there, we''re here for you. If he has a plan, then it''s looking good!
2.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Kissy...I now what you mean!!!...it seems like it''s happenning all around!!!
6.gif
...but on the plus side he might know that those engagements make you more anxious and he might speed up on his plans!. Hang in there, it sounds like it is coming!!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Kissy I know how you feel actually! Around the time to the time that my fiance proposed, I had 4 friends get engaged!
23.gif
One of them like your friend, met her fiance after I was dating my guy and got engaged way before me. I was getting depressed!

However...the sad part is their engagement has been broken off for awhile now. Kind of makes me wonder when people just rush into getting engaged. (They only dated 6 months or less before getting engaged) Plus, I have to say the longer wait made my engagement ring all the more beautiful.
9.gif
I hope this helps a bit even though it''s a rather sad story.
40.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I can also relate. Within the past month or so, I''ve had two friends get engaged. One had been dating her BF for 2 months and the other for six.

It''s frustrating, but there are some things that help me keep it in perspective. The extra time that BF and I have spent together have taught us a ton more about each other, and so we know that this is absolutely a commitment that we want to make. We''re not going into it blindly or in the excitement of new love. I think that this helps prevent against the broken engagement that Princess V mentioned and makes for a stronger marriage. (Although, I could just be telling myself that to make myself feel better
2.gif
.)

Good luck hanging in there.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Kissy, I know exactly how you''re feeling! I''m in the same situation; everyone around us has been getting engaged and married, but we''ve been together longer than any of them! At this rate, some people are joking that my younger sister (younger by 4 years) will get engaged before me!

Hang in there. If he has a plan and is willing to admit it, then you''re a step ahead of me, so feel better.

If you need to vent, that''s what we''re here for. We''ve all done our share of venting. And if tearing your hair out makes you feel better, then by all means, tear out a few strands. Perhaps the pain will help you forget the frustration of dealing with boys and their definition of soon.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Awe Kissy.
5.gif

All of my friends (well except one who lives in FL but I don''t count her because she''s not here to be single with) were married before I even starting dating my FI. Now they are all starting the next phase, pregnancy, so I know how you feel. I just want to catch up...they need to slow it down.
28.gif
I always seem to be the last one of my friends to do everything life changing so you''d think I''d be used to it but it''s frustrating nonetheless.

Be patient it will happen.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes, I know how you feel. I''m going to three weddings this summer. Two of which are for our sisters. (my bf and I both only have one sister). I''m feeling kind of left out.
7.gif

Skylah

Shiny_Rock
Count me in as another girl with the same problem. Not only are all my friends married but they ALL have at least one child already. But, they all tell me that they are jealous of *me* because I have such great things to look forward to! I feel the same way, sane one second, insane the next but if we truly think about it, we have one of the most amazing moments ahead of us - the moment when you are asked to spend the rest of your life with someone. So, while hard to do at times, just think what beautiful moments lay ahead!
emrose.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh, I''m sorry Kissy! I totally went through EXACTLY the same thing, with a million of our friends getting engaged (and some even MARRIED) during the "yes, we''re going to get engaged someday" phase. It''s soooooo frustrating!!!
29.gif
But one thing I can tell you is that literally the second you actually get engaged, all that completely fades away instantly! So just hold on a bit longer and soon this will all be a vague distant memory!!

Also, I totally agree with everyone who''s saying at least you can be more sure of your relationship than other people rushing into things!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I feel your pain.

I have NINE weddings this year. Literally every couple we know, except for one, is engaged or married. It''s painful sometimes.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m right there with you! I think my BF said those exact same words... "I HAVE A PLAN!" Well, am I in it???

In the last 2 years, 5 of my friends have gotten engaged. One got married last year, one is getting married this year... the other three broke up!!! All in a horribly dramatic fashion, one involved a restraining order and a lawsuit! I try to remember this every time I get antsy, but since I know WE''RE perfect for each other, it doesn''t help that much! ;-)

Patchee

Shiny_Rock
Well.. what can I say? Same boat as you ALL!
14.gif

2+ years and JUST half assed starting talking about future together, so most of you have the up on me...
21.gif

It is SO fustrating. It''s like tell us, is it to be or not to be?? Tell me now! As far as a "plan" shove it and just give me the dame ring before I head for the door! Sorry guys, I''m not so happy today!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
My BF''s best friend is older than us, by about 10-15 years (it''s a crazy friendship, they worked together as coaches), and he proposed to his girlfriend of 8 years (!) a year and a half ago. Their wedding is next month (and nothing is done at all, no invitations or save the dates sent out yet!), and when we told her we''re getting our ring before the month is over, she said, "Isn''t that a little soon?" I was like, honey, I''ve put in 3 years with this guy, and we''ve been living together for a year and a half- maybe I''m not as patient as you are, but come on, don''t ruin this for us. A little soon.
38.gif
20.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Kissy- I too am a member of the "dated longer than any of my current engaged friends yet still a LIW!" Maybe this should be our new forum gals?
31.gif
Within 3 months I had 3 friends get engaged, all who met after we moved in together and had started talking marriage! Well, Kissy I''m not sure if you are a spirtual person- but it helps me to think that there is a plan for each of us and it will happen... but maybe not in our timetable of when we''d like it to happen! I never thought I wouldn''t be married by 30, but guess what? I won''t be cause I''m turning 30 in August! Do you have a deadline when he absolutely has to do it? I''ve set mine for Dec. 31, 2006- and it helps me to focus on the fact I have less than a year of waiting left! Hang in there hon- we are ALL with ya!
35.gif

bobacha

Shiny_Rock
hi Kissy..

See... there are so many of us here in the same boat .. I''m in it too

Most of my friends are not just engaged.. they''re married !!

I''ve been with my bf for 6 years.. most of my friends got married/engaged after 2-4 years...

but hopefully all of us LIW won''t have to wait too much longer... I assume that all of us here have started at least "the talk" with our s.o , right ? :D

ello

Brilliant_Rock
HI KISSY,

I can also relate - it''s frustrating and sometimes very sad. I''ve been waiting 3 years and 3 months. I''m 29 so I figure the timing is about right...he is 36 yrs.

My family and friends constantly ask me...WHEN ARE YOU GUYS GETTING engaged! I just want to scream when they ask me this. LIKE I WOULD KNOW!!!! I''m waiting very patiently and I know it will be worth it but sometimes it''s hard to stay positive. I also feel mad sometimes that it''s the guys decision when I have to work and do everything else a man would do from day to day. I love my boyfriend so much and the wait is worth it but GOOD GOLLY - I''m hoping it will be soon....another year from now I will prob. have 4 more wrinkles on my forehead from frowning!

I sometimes wish that I was more like Samantha from Sex and the City - no intention to tie the knot...it would make life so much easier!

Good luck - I''m crossing my fingers for you!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha, I totally felt the same way before I got engaged. Don''t get discouraged though. When your time comes, it''ll be like no one else in this world is engaged but you.

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I ALSO know how you feel!! Which is why its so great that we can all hang in there together.

My boyfriend and I will be celebrating 5 years together in three weeks ... and during that period of time my mother met her current (#4) husband, started dating, got married, and have been married for 3 1/2 years!!

I totally comiseriate with you!! But at the same time, when that time comes for you, we will all share in your joy too!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results