shape
carat
color
clarity

Yesterday I suffered from serious ring envy! argh

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Do you ever just see someone with a gorgeous ring and think dammit that should be me right now??!!

I got seriously depressed from it yesterday. I was in the nail salon and a young girl maybe 22yrs old came in to get a manicure. I look over and bling colored my vision... the diamond had to be around 2cts and she had diamonds around the whole band.. actually I couldnt even see the band at all it was just diamonds!

Now the ring wasnt particularly in my taste (wouldn''t diamonds get scratched up easily like that) and if I did own a ering like that I would definately not wear it to my manicure. AHHH who am I kidding I am just jealous
14.gif
kick me

end rant--
I needed to vent

AnneTossy

Rough_Rock
Ugh, I know the feeling! It''s funny because I never would have noticed before, but now that I''m expecting a proposal I can''t help but look/envy at strangers rings! You''re not alone!! :)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I know exactly how you feel! One of my friends from college recently got engaged. She came into class and hadn''t told anyone and I recognized her bling right away! Her ring sounds similar to the one you described. She said the center is a round 1.25 E (she wasn''t sure of clarity) and there were diamonds all over the rest of the band. It looks absolutely gorgeous on her hand. She let a few of us try it on and it actually looked *bad* on my hand. Definitely reminded me that I am a solitaire girl 100%
4.gif
. But, I couldn''t stop staring at it for the rest of the class. It was just too gorgeous!
30.gif

Sometimes I just get so jealous of girls my age who are getting engaged already. BF and me are just both so READY to get engaged, married, get our own house and start our lives together. Unfortunately, since I am still in school and he is not in the best financial situation with his job either, we simply don''t have the means to do any of this yet. I think my green-eyed monster really came out when the above-mentioned girl got engaged because her ring was so gorgeous and a week after the engagement, she and her FI had already purchased a house. It was a little irrational, but I felt so jealous because she was living what I wanted so bad.
15.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
on mother''s day, I went dt shopping with my mom. When I was looking at some handbags, I saw a girl with an engagement ring. She''s probably around my age. I envy her.... not because her ring is pretty. Well, her ring is not ugly.. it''s pave band.. but I''ll think mine will be prettier.
31.gif
I was jealous ''cuz she has an engagement ring and I don''t. I want to get engaged!!! lol... I''m so anxious. I want to tell everyone I''m engaged with my ring!!!

CourtLynB

Rough_Rock
I get a little envy everytime I walk into my boss''s office! She got engaged a couple weeks ago and was so hush hush about it. At first she was pretty much hiding the left hand and then I got a glimpse and called her out on it ("what is that?!?!) since I''ve met her guy a few times.

It''s (I think) a 2 ct cushion with split shank pave band. It''s what I wanted (minus the split shank) before I fell in love with the Tiffany Legacy.

So I was thinking that she was being hush hush about it because she didn''t want to hurt my feelings(she knows I''m waiting for it). It turns out the only reason she got it was because she gave her guy an ultimatum! She''s not allowed to talk about it, tell her parents or even set a date. So I don''t have a huge envy anymore, I just envy the sparkle.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Oh sure! A woman I know just got a lovely princess engagement ring. Not something I would like for myself, but it looks fantastic on her and is so sparkly! Totally got ring envy looking at it.

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Thanks girls I know you''d understand!!

Anne-- you are so right! before the engagement talk I never noticed and now my eyes just wander to the left hand!!

May & Beezy--I feel myself staring everytime I see a gorgeous ring and I hear in my head stop looking people are going to notice but its like I need a crane to pry me away! But thats exactly it I want it soo bad too!!!

Court--Awww everytime you go into her office! Thats treacherous
14.gif
Atleast you get to drool over the pretties! I am starting a new job on Monday and the girl who is my age mentioned a Fiance and I looked at her ring... I dont envy her ring bc it wasnt a real standout (ps has made me like the bling snob lol) but I envy that she has one!

I hope this ring envy goes away soon!! Sooo many ads and people around me taking the dive that my neck will be sore from all the craning!!!

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
yes, i have also felt this phenomenon.

resist the urge to thwack the ring bearer over the head with your shoe, and running away with the ring whilst cackling
wildly.....

the authorities tend to frown upon that sort of thing.

20.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 2:48:06 PM
Author: CourtLynB
I get a little envy everytime I walk into my boss's office! She got engaged a couple weeks ago and was so hush hush about it. At first she was pretty much hiding the left hand and then I got a glimpse and called her out on it ('what is that?!?!) since I've met her guy a few times.

It's (I think) a 2 ct cushion with split shank pave band. It's what I wanted (minus the split shank) before I fell in love with the Tiffany Legacy.

So I was thinking that she was being hush hush about it because she didn't want to hurt my feelings(she knows I'm waiting for it). It turns out the only reason she got it was because she gave her guy an ultimatum! She's not allowed to talk about it, tell her parents or even set a date. So I don't have a huge envy anymore, I just envy the sparkle.
Whaaaa? There is definitely nothing to be envious of there!

Remember ladies: it's better to be happily dating than miserably engaged or married
2.gif
3.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
oh yeah.

a ring gained like that has lost all it''s symbolism and significance.

epic fail.

38.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 7:45:10 PM
Author: luckynumber
yes, i have also felt this phenomenon.

resist the urge to thwack the ring bearer over the head with your shoe, and running away with the ring whilst cackling

wildly.....

the authorities tend to frown upon that sort of thing.

Bwahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!

(sometimes I have those feelings as well...)

20.gif

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Eeeek Ultimatums can never be good.... I shouldn''t talk though because I basically gave myself a
emlove.gif
-attack to make my BF''s light pop on about getting engaged! So now we have a plan together :)

I just want that thing on my finger and I can relax!!!!!!!!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 2:15:16 PM
Author: dawnabee
Eeeek Ultimatums can never be good.... I shouldn''t talk though because I basically gave myself a
emlove.gif
-attack to make my BF''s light pop on about getting engaged! So now we have a plan together :)

I just want that thing on my finger and I can relax!!!!!!!!
DITTO!!!!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
i LOVE this post! Last month 4 of my friends got engaged in 1 week! Their rings are pretty.. but it''s not really the ring I''m jealous of.. it''s the engagement.. as many of you have already pointed out.
1.gif
Hopefully soon we''ll all be happily engaged!

Dawnabee - Just wanted to say.. when I get my ring I plan on wearing it EVERYWHERE! Even to get a manicure..
36.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Weird, no idea why my post came out that way...let me re-try this.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 7:51:17 PM
Author: luckynumber
oh yeah.

a ring gained like that has lost all it''s symbolism and significance.

epic fail.

38.gif

Bwahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!

(sometimes I have those feelings as well...)

Cynd33

Rough_Rock
I get ring envy and I am married LOL

Mine is a different sort of envy tho.. I think I am suffering from DSS!!
40.gif

Does it ever end???? LOL

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I get ring admiration and a bit of envy.. but mostly I just love to look at all different sizes and styles of rings and wish I could have them all to choose from whenever I want.. not so much envy of a ring, but envy of an impossibility :)

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I only have a little ring envy : I''m a little envyous of anyone who has an engagement ring
25.gif

Not being engaged yet is like an itch I just can''t scratch.

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 12:13:07 AM
Author: HopeDream
I only have a little ring envy : I''m a little envyous of anyone who has an engagement ring
25.gif

Not being engaged yet is like an itch I just can''t scratch.

hahaha LOVE thisssss!!!! so true

PavePrincess--- 4 friends you say??? f o u r! i would have fainted right there lol and I think you should wear it everywhere it is a beautiful ring!

Cynd-- I am afraid it will never stop! The more I look on PS the more I change my mind and think of different things I want too
18.gif
they are alll so yummy!

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, sometimes it''s hard not to notice. I''ve gotten jealous before. Heck, I get jealous whenever I see an engagement annoucement, or hear about someone else getting engaged, etc. and wondering "why not me?" I think it''s only natural. It''s just hard not to let it get to you too much sometimes.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been married now 27 years and I SO remember feeling like this. I was dating my husband for 7 years and felt like everyone was getting before me.

It will work out for you ladies!

As for the ultimatum, I never gave my boyfriend an ultimatum, but I did ask him to marry me twice. he said, No! both times. The second time he said no, I went to a foreign country and stayed there for a year and he missed me and when I came back, he asked me to marry him within days.

I''m not recommending this--just telling the story.

(Later I learned that while I was gone, he dated someone else briefly. That made him miss me more. Haha! Had I known at the time, I would have mad, but no one told. I think that, having been together with me so long--since he was 17--he was not appreciating me and when I went away, he knew that he could lose a good thing).

The day after he asked me to marry him, he took me to the store to look at engagement rings and I picked out one immediately in the first store. I was so delighted to finally have an engagement ring. I was not going to wait for one more second than necessary to see that diamond on my finger! I remember that feeling. Maybe this is why, 27 years later, although I have gotten upgrades on my other hand, I still wear that original ring.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Aww, that is such a sweet story Black Jade!!

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
I feel this way a lot unfortunately. I am not one of those people who wants to get engaged so badly I do not enjoy my happy wonderful relationship but being in a college town - girls are getting engaged and hitched everywhere I look.

Friend number 12 got engaged this past weekend, le sigh. Ring = gorgeous, of course.

But on the happy side, well - I already talked about it in another thread. No need to clutter yours!!
19.gif
Sympathies with you, I feel the twinge of the green monster more often than I will EVER admit...
17.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results