carat
color
clarity

Yelp opinions

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hello fellow Pricescope members!!
If you were unsatisfied enough to leave a negative yelp review, would you want the merchant to reach out to try to fix the issue?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, But I don’t use yelp as much as Google review where all the reviews are posted and not “hidden”

I find that Yelp could either overscore a business or underscore them based on hidden reviews which I find shady as a user of yelp and once owned a restaurant myself. :roll:
Had a lot of fake negative reviews to earn free stuff... sorry I digress:(sad I’ll even pull up camera footage of the date in question.

But if it’s legitimate I would like to see if there is a resolution.
Oh and prior to a negative review, I would absolutely work with the vendor to resolve first to give them a chance to fix it, not the “ oh yeah this is great....” and be passive about the situation as to hide behind yelp and post a negative before you even knew about a problem.

Last edited:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How true @D&T
yelp is such a major league POS......
There was a case of a weird bad review ( we didn't actually sell the ring) which was like glue- stuck at the top of our page for over a year.
We resolved the issue for the writer of the bad review- so she changed it to a 5 star- then Yelp promptly removed it.
But live with it we must......

Reactions: D&T

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How true @D&T
yelp is such a major league POS......
There was a case of a weird bad review ( we didn't actually sell the ring) which was like glue- stuck at the top of our page for over a year.
We resolved the issue for the writer of the bad review- so she changed it to a 5 star- then Yelp promptly removed it.
But live with it we must......
I stopped posting on Yelp! I now post on Google.
Sorry @Rockdiamond that happened. I remember when they wanted us as a business to buy “marketing” campaigns I think that was when ALL your reviews appeared possibly this was almost a decade ago. We did not. SHADY!!!!

ETA as you can tell, I’m not big fan of YELP. I’ll occasionally look at it and then try to find google reviews and find a disparity sometimes.
Just recently stayed in a super new not chain hotel and yelp had them at like 2.5 stars and google at 4.5 stars and my stay and atmosphere was akin to 4 stars...
my cousin who lived in the city almost didn’t recommend them but hubby’s work put us there and glad we did. The Hampton’s rated better on Yelp and it was next to the train! And everything was old “er” not as nice as this other hotel but don’t get me wrong I prefer hamptons if I don’t know of any other place as it’s usually “safe”

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it depends on the circumstances. If the irate customer never gave you feedback directly, then it's worth a shot. If you already tried to hash it out, I think it's fair to leave your side of the story in response but not reach out again directly.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I love it when businesses try to resolve issues. It shows that you dealt with it in a mature manner.

I really dislike it when customers leave unfair reviews, especially when they’re only trying to get out of paying for services. :roll:

If it’s one review, but you have plenty of 5 star reviews, people would give you the benefit of the doubt.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, it helps even if the issue can't be resolved. i also take small numbers of very positive or very negative reviews with a grain of salt. there are some people who just like to complain. there are some businesses that incentivize people to put up good reviews. but as a customer i find yelp still useful to figure out some general trends.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. I post both positive and negative reviews. A few times the owner has reached out and I appreciated it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results