shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow pear - what to do?

Nymf

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone

I have a 1ct intense yellow pear diamond, any ideas on what to create with it?

I wear a 2ct solitaire & eternity band and rolex on my left. A 5 stone RHR, love bracelet, diamond tennis bracelet on my right. I own a diamond tennis necklace, studs earrings, diamond drop earrings and pearl drop earrings. There’s nothing I really neeeeed but the stone called out to me and I had to have her :lol:

thanks in advance!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please can we see pictures?!

How about a pendant or a statement RHR? It sounds like you’ve already got a great jewellery wardrobe of chic staples, so some kind of occasion piece? Or if you prefer the classics (which it sounds like you might), a beautiful solitaire ring for either RH or as an alternative engagement ring? If your existing pieces are platinum/white gold it could open up yellow metals for you.

How about a pendant? If you get a pendant that can clasp over either your tennis necklace or a chain, you’ll have a beautiful pendant that can be worn either as an everyday piece (pendant) or a showstopper (tennis necklace with drop)!

Edit with pics:

Either a style like this, where the drop comes immediately below the tennis: 44E09223-9B9F-4FE6-812C-C9939ECE367E.jpeg

or a style like this, where you get a couple small round stones above the drop, to elongate it: D197FE62-491D-4E64-9994-FDE0977DA5BB.jpeg

Both look lovely when worn on a chain, so it depends on what you like more with your tennis.

As for the style of the pendant itself, I think it would look lovely just set in a simple YG claw setting (and you could get a WG chain to wear with it, for a beautiful 2 tone look), or if you want something even more standout, a white diamond halo would look lovely. Maybe even a halo with some fancy shapes, instead of just rounds, like this (ignore the top part, just the sapphire setting is what I meant):

114E0195-6F6C-4FD6-B6CF-E99FD98B77E4.jpeg

2nd edit for practical considerations: If you do decide to get the detachable pendant, you will need to likely get your tennis necklace adjusted slightly so that one half of a clasping mechanism can be put in it. Failing that, your pear pendant will need a large bale (maybe even one that opens and closes) so it can clasp over the center stone in your tennis necklace.

Last edited:

Nymf

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!

my love bracelet is YG, I also have a juste in clou in YG, all the rest is indeed platinum/WG.

I don’t want to just add a halo and wear it as a RHR- it’s a little too ‘small’ to wear on its own and since the 5 stone is the IDJ 1,5ct in u-prongs, i think the proportions would be weird to wear together as it’s ‘only’ 1ct?

The tennis necklace has a detachable diamond drop. Adding it as a detable last stone would be an idea! =)2

I was also thinking of a Y necklace with a thin halo and adding a few other smaller marquises?

Thanks!

my love bracelet is YG, I also have a juste in clou in YG, all the rest is indeed platinum/WG.

I don’t want to just add a halo and wear it as a RHR- it’s a little too ‘small’ to wear on its own and since the 5 stone is the IDJ 1,5ct in u-prongs, i think the proportions would be weird to wear together as it’s ‘only’ 1ct?

The tennis necklace has a detachable diamond drop. Adding it as a detable last stone would be an idea! =)2

I was also thinking of a Y necklace with a thin halo and adding a few other smaller marquises?

I didn’t even realise that you replied! Sorry - you can disregard much of what I said.

Given this info, I like the idea of the Y necklace the most. You could do the chain of the Y in WG/Plat and halo your white marquises in yellow melee and your pear in white melee if you want something a bit more “standout”, depending on the size of the marquis you were considering of course. Definitely set the pear in YG to bring out the luscious yellow colour!

You could also set the pear with a more “interesting” halo if you like, using some fancy shapes. Also depends on your budget for the project. Good luck!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
also I would love to see pics please!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bezel-set it East-West in a YG open cuff bangle?

DK :))

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bezel-set it East-West in a YG open cuff bangle?

Ooh yes! This would stack beautifully on your right wrist with the others, with a lovely pop of colour.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh that sounds gorgeous! Any pictures?

This is my own, a 1.96ct MRB that my mum has given me. Re-purposed as an open cuff bangle as I do not like MRB as rings, and I would not see it if worn as a pendant.

The design is based on other PSers who had similar bangles made, pictured with my tennis bracelet in my favourite stack involving the bangle.

Nymf

Shiny_Rock
This is my own, a 1.96ct MRB that my mum has given me. Re-purposed as an open cuff bangle as I do not like MRB as rings, and I would not see it if worn as a pendant.

The design is based on other PSers who had similar bangles made, pictured with my tennis bracelet in my favourite stack involving the bangle.

gorgeous! Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results