shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ashbeth602

Rough_Rock
I generally think that diamonds look better set in platinum, however, I prefer yellow gold. I really like the Tacori style settings and I am wondering what it would look like in yellow gold. Are there any websites out there or any dealers that specialize in this? I want something different, something beautiful and detailed. Thanks!

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Even though my ring is in white gold, I also prefer yellow gold. My right hand ring is yellow and I love wearing it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/1/2004 3:42:46 PM ashbeth602 wrote:

I prefer yellow gold...Tacori style

----------------

I could not name one maker specializing in YG e-rings (platinum being such tyrant )...

Can you post one or two Tacori rings that you prefer for refference?

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
If you select a designer style that has the hand engraved patterns, your jeweler will love you. Much easier to hand engrave in yellow than in white gold. Just getting back from two shows in Asia where trends usually show up before here and you will be right in style with your yellow. Even some of the top designers here that made names for plat designs like Scott Kay are now pushing a new 19ct yellow gold.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/2/2004 5:34:47 AM yowahking wrote:

Even some of the top designers here that made names for plat designs like Scott Kay are now pushing a new 19ct yellow gold.
----------------

What's the reason for using the 19k yellow? Different color?

We recently had a piece made in 18k yellow where I was a little surprised at how light the tone of the gold was - lighter than the 18k chain we picked to go with it, lighter than the intense yellow diamond in the piece. The metalsmith said that often chains get a plating with higher karat gold causing the color difference. Maybe the 19k alloy is a solution for this?

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ashbeth, this site lunafelix has a couple of examples of yellow gold rings.

ashbeth602

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice guys! I think I am going to pick the actual design that I want and take it to a jeweler to see what they can do. Any good jewelers near Baltimore, Maryland or Washington DC?? Would you still recommend buying the diamond online and the setting be designed by the jeweler?? thanks!!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/2/2004 5:34:47 AM yowahking wrote:

If you select a designer style that has the hand engraved patterns, your jeweler will love you. Much easier to hand engrave in yellow than in white gold. Just getting back from two shows in Asia where trends usually show up before here and you will be right in style with your yellow. Even some of the top designers here that made names for plat designs like Scott Kay are now pushing a new 19ct yellow gold. ----------------

The majority of my jewelry collection is yellow gold, but have been pulled over to platinum for an e-ring mainly because that is all that is out there! I too love the tacori setting with the hand engraving. How does that engraving hold up on the yellow gold? Does the 19k help with it not wearing away? Ive been told if i want the engraving that i should definatly go platinum.
confused.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Smyth Jewelers in Timonium, MD has an excellent engraver. They also have Tacori rings.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one come from HERE. Not a local jeweler, but they are definitely used to working remotely.

yge.JPG

ashbeth602

Rough_Rock
I really like the Royal Crown settings but I have yet to see them in yellow gold!! Is this a lost cause? Am I getting my hopes up? Come on, there has got to be other yellow gold lovers out there!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results