shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow BM dress, what color shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to be in my sister''s wedding and she wants the BM dresses to be buttercup yellow. I''m okay with that but the dresses have to be tea-length so what kind of shoes should we have?

I am not a fan of dyeables... I haven''t found a comfortable pair of them and don''t you think yellow shoes is funny?

What about gold? I''m more of a silver girl but I almost think gold would look better with yellow and then we could reuse them. What do you think?

Here''s an example of the color. Notice she is wearing gold shoes....

2037BC.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nude or some wild color like teal.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i''m pretty out there with shoe choices, so if it were me, i''d wear purple, fuchsia, or a dark red...or navy or bright cobalt blue, or emerald green. okay, you get the point--i''m shoe-obsessed!
9.gif

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, I like neatfreak's suggestion of teal.

I actually also think silver might go better than gold. That was actually the first color I thought of before I finished reading your post. It's like how grey and yellow are kind of an "in" color combo right now. A neutral cream could also work.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 6:36:38 PM
Author: doodle
i''m pretty out there with shoe choices, so if it were me, i''d wear purple, fuchsia, or a dark red...or navy or bright cobalt blue, or emerald green. okay, you get the point--i''m shoe-obsessed!
9.gif
Oh yeah her other wedding color is purple.... maybe I could talk her into that.....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
J.Crew has a yellow dress on their website right now that is paired with some **subtle** silver sandals and it looks nice.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Purple, teal, gold or silver.

And dyeable shoes SUCK. I have never met a pair that didn''t HURT.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely silver! I prefer silver/grey with yellow. But a fun color would be sweet! I think purple would look great.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
That's funny about dyeables. My MOH bought a pair of dyables before we had even decided what to do for my girls' shoes...simply because she thought they were the most comfortable shoes she had ever worn. To each their own, I guess. Anyway, for me, that led to the decision to have the girls get dyable shoes but keep them in the neutral off-white color that they come in for the wedding. Then they can get the shoes dyed any color they want after the wedding. My bridesmaid dresses are sage green, and I'm using white calla lilies as my flowers, so the white of the shoes will match the white of the callas. Plus, they're cheap. Works all around for us.

ETA: I also like gold or silver. Not a fan of the "out there" colors for a wedding, but that's just personal preference.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think gold will work personally - silver would be great though!

And while the funky colours would be awesome, it may not go with your sister''s style etc.

Awesome dress colour!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of a bold color, but if your sister doesn''t go for it, I think a nice cream would work.

kstar512

Rough_Rock
I was in a wedding recently and we wore a pale yellow and silver shoes. It looked really nice. The yellow was softer though. Is that the exact dress and color?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Gold.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
definitely gold. unless it''s a casual day-time wedding, and then i''d go for color.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I''d vote silver, personally. But it''ll work best if they''re kind of minimal, like the ones in the picture. Sadly, those are rarely comfortable, at least to me!

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
I am having yellow bridesmaid dress. I think that we are going to go with gold shoes, but not shiny, more of a matte look.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 8:10:54 PM
Author: kstar512
I was in a wedding recently and we wore a pale yellow and silver shoes. It looked really nice. The yellow was softer though. Is that the exact dress and color?
I hope not... It''s supposed to be buttercup yellow but it looks pretty bright on my screen. I think she wants a lighter yellow, but might be wrong.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the color suggestions I''ll present them to my sister. I don''t think she''ll go for teal, since it''s not a wedding color, but purple might work. We''ll see.

I''m so glad that you guys like silver because I like silver much better than gold.

kstar512

Rough_Rock
This is the dress I wore. You might want to show it to her. I can''t believe it is 50% off, I paid full price!!! It''s nice because the silver on top means you have to wear silver instead of gold
1.gif

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2994240/0~2376776~2374327~6005464~6005511~6005548?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6005548&P=1

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to be the weird one here.

I vote white.

I have a weird thing with white shoes, I like them with every color that isn''t black. Pastels, especially, I believe work well with white shoes. I was in a wedding where we wore a lovely shade of light aqua, and we wore white shoes. I was also in another wedding where we were in dark emerald green and we wore white shoes as well.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a fan of bold colors...so I think a green (whether dark green/emerald green/teal green) would look lovely- or a purple like others have mentioned...even blue! I''ll attach a few "examples" hehe.

ps_shoes.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results