shape
carat
color
clarity

"Yearly" appointment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
I am supposed to have my yearly check up in a few weeks... and guess what! I will have my period then! Do I need to reschedule? I am sure the doctor''s have seen this before, but it seems a bit embarassing... do any of you have experience?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 2:13:47 PM
Author:blueyes157
I am supposed to have my yearly check up in a few weeks... and guess what! I will have my period then! Do I need to reschedule? I am sure the doctor''s have seen this before, but it seems a bit embarassing... do any of you have experience?
they had me reschedule.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I am assuming you are talking about your GYNO yearly appt. I have had this happen to me also, and my GYNO has said there are certain tests they cannot do while you are on your period (the pap comes to mind).
I have always rescheduled if I happen to be on my period when my GYNO appt is scheduled.

HTH

9.gif

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
That''s what I thought, thanks ladies!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
w/o being very TMI, I had this happen a few years back and I was basically in the my middle of my cycle, and they still did my pap. I guess it depends on how light or heavy you are. I wasn''t really too grossed out or embarrassed by it, if my Doc was fine with it (she is a woman) then I was fine with it
5.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, rescheduled.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
rescheduled unless it is light spotting.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
I only go every two years (it''s the recommendation by health authorities here and my doctor). Is there any reason why it needs to be every year? I''m not asking if there is any reason for you personally, just generally.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Here in the UK it is every 3 years.

They will only do it two weeks after your last period.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I go every year so I can also get my scrip filled for birth control and most doctor''s won''t refill that w/o seeing you for an annual.

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
That is the reason I go yearly as well... to get my prescription refilled.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 8:11:46 PM
Author: Rosebud8506
I go every year so I can also get my scrip filled for birth control and most doctor''s won''t refill that w/o seeing you for an annual.
I go every year as well to get a new prescription but I only get ''tested'' every two years.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
We get both the pap test and contraception from our GP's here. You only see a gyno if there are serious problems or you are pregnant - you have to be referred by your GP or go private (which is sooooo expensive - my friend looked into going private for her baby's birth 2 months ago and the bill was going to be around $22k, considering it's free on the NHS, they went with that).

The NHS is pretty good - when you finally get to see someone. It can take 8 months easily to get an MRI scan, and I have been waiting 13 months to get an appointment with the London Migraine Clinc.
20.gif
Drives me nuts!

The BCP is also free in the UK, but you have to go pretty much every 3-6 months to pick up a new form. They weigh you, do BP, and talk about side-effects when you go for that.

All meds are also free for diabetics and epileptics, everyone else pays $13 an item. I am always trying to get my GP to prescribe me 6 months of pain meds at a time - you pay per item not quantity, so 500 tablets costs the same to me as 20. I think he's worried he'll be in trouble if I decide to take them all in one go.
28.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
My ob/gyn wont fill my prescriptions without an annual visit. Besides getting prescriptions it's very important to me to be screened annually for ovarian/cervical cancer, & get a breast exam. Gosh forbid I got one of those cancers I would want it detected & treated asap, 2-3 years is a looong time.

Pandora, My birth control pills are $40 each month. Each visit to a Dr. is $25. My insurance pays 85% of the bill, I pay the rest
29.gif
My husbands insurance is such crap. With my previous employer I only had to pay $10 per visit, 100% of the bill was paid, generic prescriptions were free, brand was cheap.
20.gif
I miss it.
39.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
From the doctors perspective I would think they would not be grossed out at all, after all, a period is nothing compared to the blood/fluid that comes out when they deliver a baby.

BUT that being said, I have read that paps done during your period are not as accurate as done when not bleeding. I would call your office and follow their recommendation.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 10:05:06 PM
Author: VegasAngel
My ob/gyn wont fill my prescriptions without an annual visit. Besides getting prescriptions it''s very important to me to be screened annually for ovarian/cervical cancer, & get a breast exam. Gosh forbid I got one of those cancers I would want it detected & treated asap, 2-3 years is a looong time.

Pandora, My birth control pills are $40 each month. Each visit to a Dr. is $25. My insurance pays 85% of the bill, I pay the rest
29.gif
My husbands insurance is such crap. With my previous employer I only had to pay $10 per visit, 100% of the bill was paid, generic prescriptions were free, brand was cheap.
20.gif
I miss it.
39.gif
Hey Vegas Angel. There is currently no screening test for ovarian cancer. A pap smear will only detect cervical cancer. Unfortunately, ovarian cancer is usuallly detected at its late stages.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
There may not be
Date: 11/7/2007 11:19:05 PM
Author: Sparkster

Date: 11/7/2007 10:05:06 PM
Author: VegasAngel
My ob/gyn wont fill my prescriptions without an annual visit. Besides getting prescriptions it''s very important to me to be screened annually for ovarian/cervical cancer, & get a breast exam. Gosh forbid I got one of those cancers I would want it detected & treated asap, 2-3 years is a looong time.

29.gif
20.gif
I miss it.
39.gif
Hey Vegas Angel. There is currently no screening test for ovarian cancer. A pap smear will only detect cervical cancer. Unfortunately, ovarian cancer is usuallly detected at its late stages.
A pap test may not detect it (It can in advanced stages) but during the pelvic exam, the ob/gyn feels the ovaries and uterus for size, shape, etc. If the Dr. feels anything suspicious, it can be further investigated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results