shape
carat
color
clarity

Yeah! Officiant will do it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I just found out that the person I want to perform my wedding will do it!

I wanted this specific Cantor who married my brother and performed the funeral ceremony for both my mom and dad. He wasn''t sure he would do it since my fiance''s mother is not Jewish and outside of the Reformed movement of Judaism he is not considered Jewish. But, he considers himself Jewish and had a Bar Mitzvah. So, the Cantor said he thought about it and decided that he would do it since we both had Jewish identities!

I''m so happy to have someone who knows me and knows my family perform this wonderful ceremony for us.

Just wanted to share...

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
congratulations! That''s great! My family belongs to a conservative synagogue and they won''t marry FI and I because he''s catholic. I''m not sure if that''s a conservative thing or just because the rabbi''s father is a hassidic rabbi and he was just raised more strictly.

We''re looking into reform synagogues around us since my parents would not be ok with a church wedding. I haven''t exactly been a practicing Jew for quite a while. I asked my parents this, but they weren''t sure, do you know if a reform rabbi can marry people on a Saturday afternoon? My parents thought all wedding either have to take place before sundown Friday, after sundown on Saturday, or on Sunday. Any idea?

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/11/2006 7:16:23 PM
Author: robbie3982
congratulations! That''s great! My family belongs to a conservative synagogue and they won''t marry FI and I because he''s catholic. I''m not sure if that''s a conservative thing or just because the rabbi''s father is a hassidic rabbi and he was just raised more strictly.

We''re looking into reform synagogues around us since my parents would not be ok with a church wedding. I haven''t exactly been a practicing Jew for quite a while. I asked my parents this, but they weren''t sure, do you know if a reform rabbi can marry people on a Saturday afternoon? My parents thought all wedding either have to take place before sundown Friday, after sundown on Saturday, or on Sunday. Any idea?
I''m sure you can find a Rabbi who will marry you on a Saturday afternoon. I''m not sure where you live though...

The reason you''re not supposed to marry on Shabbat (or any Jewish holiday) is that you''re not supposed to combine celebrations. I thought that was a nice idea. But I am sure that there is someone who will perform a Jewish ceremony for you whenever you want.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Amanda! I tried searching on google, but couldn''t find anything regarding days for a wedding in the Jewish religion (probably just not searching with the right words).

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/11/2006 7:37:02 PM
Thanks Amanda! I tried searching on google, but couldn''t find anything regarding days for a wedding in the Jewish religion (probably just not searching with the right words).
Where do you live?
If it''s anywhere near me (NYC) maybe I can help. I might have suggestions if it''s not near there though...

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
that IS great news!

similar situation here- catholic wedding but not a full mass, and in an "inactive" catholic church (it''s an old church that has been moved to a historical site)
but luckily my dear friend''s father, an ordained deacon(known me since 2nd grade) has agreed to go thru all the paperwork and phone calls to get "jurisdiction" and bishop''s permission to do a catholic service there.
i''m just not telling my mom that it''s not going to be a full mass- LOL..... maybe she won''t notice (??) and by the time she does we''ll already be married and too happy to listen to anyone''s poo-pooing. that will be my sisters'' jobs!

yikes,

so glad it worked out for you as well !!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
We''re having the wedding in Pittsburgh. I put in a call to a reform Rabbi today and he''s supposed to call me back tomorrow. I think this would be the perfect synagogue. They have a biblical botanical garden that, from the website, looks like it would be gorgeous to hold a ceremony in, and should it rain, we could always have the ceremony in the actual synagogue. I can''t wait to talk to him tomorrow.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/11/2006 9:15:18 PM
We''re having the wedding in Pittsburgh. I put in a call to a reform Rabbi today and he''s supposed to call me back tomorrow. I think this would be the perfect synagogue. They have a biblical botanical garden that, from the website, looks like it would be gorgeous to hold a ceremony in, and should it rain, we could always have the ceremony in the actual synagogue. I can''t wait to talk to him tomorrow.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results