shape
carat
color
clarity

Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
So I just wanted to share my excitement with you ladies because if anyone will understand, you all will.
1.gif

***Warning*** this could be long....

Some background...

FI and I have been engaged for 5 weeks and have just started wedding planning. We looked at two venues in the area and did some internet research and started to get really discouraged with just how expensive it was all going to be. We shrunk down our guest list to cut costs but were still overwhelmed by the cost of everything. We contemplated going to Vegas or Hawaii (where we want to honeymoon) and just eloping and then staying for a honeymoon. I figured that would be all we could afford and was starting to try to be okay with the idea, but I knew it wasn't what I ultimately wanted.

But.. yesterday I had a really great talk with my Dad! Ever since I got engaged, he's been a little weird whenever I've brought up wedding stuff. He and my mom got divorced when I was 7 and he has a pretty negative view of marriage. But yesterday we had a little heart to heart and he told me that he is really happy for FI and I (which was great to hear cause I wasn't so sure) and that he wants to pay for the wedding! I am so happy that he is actually excited about this! And although FI and I were planning on paying for it ourselves and not asking for money (which I've always been uncomfortable with) I am so happy that my Dad wants to contribute. He is being so generous and we are so thankful! And of course I'm happy that I can actually have the type of wedding that I want!
36.gif
Yay! Thank you Daddy! Haha.

AND! Yesterday FI and I went to a bridal expo at a mall around here. He was totally not into it and really didn't want to go, but he went anyway and actually had fun! It was great! We got a ton of information and met a lot of cool vendors. We may have even found our photographers!

I am just so excited that we can actually progress from here and that my Dad is happy for us and is going to get into the planning and everything with us!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
How wonderful for you and genorous of your Dad, Pearl! DH and I intended to pay for our wedding, my parents ended up doing so and it was such an amazing gift, I was so touched by their generosity. Enjoy every minute of planning.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great news Pearl!! Enjoy the planning.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Yayy! I''m so glad you''ve had a great jump-start to your wedding planning! Its also really great when you can get an extra family member on board for support (both emotionally and financially). I hope things continue to go smoothly for you!
9.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
That is great news! I am so glad your Dad is going to be involved and that the expo was so helpful! Sometimes those things are hit or miss, but when you go to the right one you can score big. Yaaay, congrats on some big progress!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great gift, it will make your life so much less stressful!
36.gif

My DH''s parents paid for a large portion of our wedding, and my mom also made a great contribution too... one little piece of advice based on my own experience: even though it is strange talking about money, make sure you know how your Dad or any other contributors want to hadle the actual payments. My mom just cut us a check and let us spend as we saw fit, but my In-laws wanted to see a spread sheet broken down by vendor and amounts so they knew where their money was going, and then they wrote checks directly to the various vendors. Don''t get me wrong, they didn''t say boo about how we spent the money or on what, but I guess they just wanted proof or something that it was being spent on the wedding. Anyhoo, it was a minor annoyance but I was a spreadsheet maniac and it didn''t matter in the end... but it was good to know up front that this was their expectation so we weren''t hit with a suprise later on!

Good luck, I wish you all the best!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I''m so excited for you. Have so much fun planning the wedding of your dreams!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results