shape
carat
color
clarity

YAY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Our wedding rings finally arrived from Ireland. They are beeyoooootiful in person, so much more than the website. My fiance actually loved my choice once he took them out of the box and saw them. We have the same size, both men''s width. It was important to us to have the same ring and it looks good on me since I have big hands.

Now some suggestions, We''ve been trying to figure out what we want engraved in them. We definately want "Halloween" mentioned, not just the numeric date. Since we''re doing a handfasting during the ceremony, I was thinking "bound to thee, Halloween 2006" but he thinks it sounds a bit too Rennaissance. What do you think?

As a reminder, these are the rings we got. No, I have no pictures... I''m still in the Stone Age and don''t have a digital camera.

WED183.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2006 10:53:44 AM
Author:nytemist

Now some suggestions, We''ve been trying to figure out what we want engraved in them. We definately want ''Halloween'' mentioned, not just the numeric date. Since we''re doing a handfasting during the ceremony, I was thinking ''bound to thee, Halloween 2006'' but he thinks it sounds a bit too Rennaissance. What do you think?

As a reminder, these are the rings we got. No, I have no pictures... I''m still in the Stone Age and don''t have a digital camera.
"True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about but few have seen." - Anonymous
Halloween 2006

Your love haunts my dreams....Halloween 2006

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Wow- I hadn''t thought of anything that detailed since I don''t know if there will be room, but I really like the first quote.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I liked it, too, and thought that it might fit since you have beautiful wide bands.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
You enchant me - Halloween 2006

One enchanted evening H/2006

Forever enchanting - H/2006

Bewitched - H/2006

I'm under your spell - H/2006

Cast under your spell on Halloween, 2006

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
GREAT rings, nytemist!

I really don''t have any suggestions for the engraving just wanted to chime in on the rings.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
"Cast under your spell...'' definately sticks to me. I love it.

This supposed to be his duty, but I know he will wait until it''s too late. He''s a master at that.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
very cool looking!! can you remind me again what the ring says on the outside?

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
It say Mo Anam Cara, which means ''my soulmate'' in Gaelic.

M155_L337

Rough_Rock
"True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about but few have seen."

I really like that one. If you do end up running out of room...what if you split it between the rings? maybe put "True love is like ghosts" on one and "everyone talks about but few have seen" on the other.

my .02

M155_L337

Rough_Rock
oh, and the rings are really neat too!!

I like
~Kris~

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those rings are just gorgeous. I love the quotes that Alj came up with.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
YAY indeed! I love the cast under your spell quote too, but my favorite is the first one you were thinking about, bound to thee. There's something about it I find really romantic.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
What is handfasting? I''ve never heard of it.

Pretty bands! Do you know the mm width?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually like bound to thee too. But if it says soulmates, how about something to that effect relating to halloween? "My soul to thee - Halloween 2006"....is that too ghoulish?
9.gif

-Souls entwined, Halloween 2006?

Or how about a play on the day of the dead?

-Full of life - Halloween 2006

Hmmm...OK, that''s not quite it. How about...

-Got my treat - Halloween 2006.
9.gif

Kidding!!!!
3.gif
3.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your original idea. It also occurs to me that "my soulmate" says a lot... the rings would tell a pretty complete story even if you add just your names and "Halloween 2006."

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the suggestions! I''m thinking of trying to combine some of the wording maybe. I guess I have some time to figure out how to make that work.

Fisher- handfasting is the term used for a Wiccan/Pagan wedding. It''s related to the old Celtic tradition of tying the hands together of the couple getting married. (the well-known phrase of "tying the knot") Centuries ago, since Wiccans had their own religion and didn''t go to Catholic church, their marriages were not recognized. These ceremonies took place outside during the full phase of the moon, since they couldn''t do it in a church. The binding of the hands is the physical representation of the committment, vows are the spiritual and the rings are the symbolic representaion to show the world you are married. Many Pagans still incorporate it in a regular ceremony as well, like we are going to do, along with the justice of the peace. Typically, you get pieces of material that have the colors of the Celtic family''s tartan, or use red for vitality. I could go on and on since I''m leaving out many details, but that is the gist of it.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and the rings are 7mm wide.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I just want to say that I think it is awesome that you are having a handfasting as part of your ceremony! If I didn''t know that my FI''s catholic mother would have a heart attack, I would insist on it myself. Of course, his cousin is performing our ceremony, and he''s an episcopalian minister, so he would probably object as well.

At any rate...Kudos to you! I think it is wonderful that you are making your ceremony so personal and special!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Fatafelice, you could always just do something simple between the two of you after the ceremony, like in a quite moment before you are annouced at the reception or something. Have someone else ( who doesn''t object) tie your hands and do the vow (heart to thee, soul to thee, now and forever, so mote it be) It will take maybe a minute.

One of my friends did this since her very very Catholic parents would have disowned her if she had ritual during the ceremony. Since he parents were helping pay, of course they figured they had the right to tell her what kind of ceremony she should have. Neither of them wanted to get married in a church, but her parents forced the issue. I mean, they got into huge battle because her mom insisted on a gown with sleeves and my friend said no.

Anyways, I''m thinkg of maybe having the combo "bound to thee and cast under your spell.."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results