shape
carat
color
clarity

Yay! We picked our colors!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! This is my first thread in the *BRIDE* area. How fun!

Paul and I picked our colors! We''d originally hoped to be engaged MUCH sooner than we were, so we''d thought we would be married in October, but we''ve since decided on January 07. That''s not a BAD thing, though, because now I get the colors I LOVE back! We''re doing that pretty periwinkly/violet color and muted silver/pewter/gray. I think those are *lovely* frosted colors for a wintry theme.

I have a GORGEOUS idea of our centerpieces, too. It''s going to be lovely, and better yet, CHEAP!

I am SO glad to finally feel like a *real* bride-to-be. I went shopping today, and for the first time, I bought stuff for the creation of our wedding, and it feels *S*O* wonderful!!!

Okay, I just wanted to post that: we picked our colors. I''m giddy happy!!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your color choice!! I''m trying to figure out right now how to get purple into my hawaiian-themed reception! Anything purple or purple-ish will be beautiful, fisher!

jen

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
yay! Those colors sound PERFECT for winter!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful choices and happy first post! You''ll have so much fun planning!

Some unsolicited advice: remember that the day is just the beginning of something beautiful, so allow yourself to set the tone for your marriage by your wedding day, but don''t forget that it is, again, just the beginning! Sorry for hijacking!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee, Kimberly. I''m *so* not into weddings like most people. All along, I''ve been asking Paul to let us elope, so we can move into marriage already! But, since he wants a wedding/wedding, I''m going with it, and I''m starting to have fun with it. But my GOAL through it all is being with my boy, who God gifted me with, for life. I cannot wait for that part! EEEeeeekk! What fun!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I think that the nicest compliment anyone paid me was that through the whole thing I was totally calm (I think I had one bad moment that is posted here somewhere). My attitude/motto was "if that''s the worst thing that happens we''re doing alright" and nothing bad happened. But if it had everything still would have been just fine, because at the end of the day I got to crawl into bed with my new hubby. Lucky me! And good for you...keep up the great attitude and enjoy every moment of this!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I''m super excited. Today I bought my very first LINGERIE ever. I called Paul, he was all giddy happy, too, but didn''t want to know anything about it because he wants our first moment together to be *magical and special.* Hee hee. I just love him, and I love that we''ve chosen to wait til we''re married to live like we''re married. How fun it''ll be!!

So, my best friend and I are online talking, looking at dresses, and sending links back and forth of ones we like, that look like *me* (read: I don''t do *girly* dress, mostly). We found this, only I don''t like the square neckline.

http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/store/displayimage.asp?image=3014-front-b.jpg

AND, is it true that you have to wear TWO sizes BIGGER than your "real" size for bridal gowns? What sicko thought of THAT???

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful fisher! And fun to by your first piece of lingerie! Very sweet and special that you''re waiting to be married to live like you are.

It is actually true that your dress size is bigger. I wear an 8 in street clothes and my dress was a 14. I have a large bust so that accounted for part of it, but it was really disappointing to buy a dress that large, even if it wasn''t.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif

Don''t worry about the tag size on the dress...it''s BS!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/22/2006 10:12:22 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
I''m super excited. Today I bought my very first LINGERIE ever. I called Paul, he was all giddy happy, too, but didn''t want to know anything about it because he wants our first moment together to be *magical and special.* Hee hee. I just love him, and I love that we''ve chosen to wait til we''re married to live like we''re married. How fun it''ll be!!

So, my best friend and I are online talking, looking at dresses, and sending links back and forth of ones we like, that look like *me* (read: I don''t do *girly* dress, mostly). We found this, only I don''t like the square neckline.

http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/store/displayimage.asp?image=3014-front-b.jpg

AND, is it true that you have to wear TWO sizes BIGGER than your ''real'' size for bridal gowns? What sicko thought of THAT???
Fishie, I couldn''t help but notice that your ring and your colors are both very *girly,* albeit in a very sophisticated way.

I think it''s time for you to let your inner pricess - -er -- girl come out to play!
2.gif
Get out there and try on lots of gowns!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*magical and special.*
pop some tylenol.
12.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I guess I do have a streak of princess in me. I called my best friend again tonight, from bouncing between AC Moore, Garden Ridge, and Hobby Lobby. Okay, we''re not getting married until January, but since we picked colors, I just *had* to go see what I could find in the way of TULIPS for our flowers. We''ve decided to go with fakeys, since tulips don''t hold up well at all in their "live" state for weddings, even when wired. Unfortunately, it''s very difficult to find *real* looking tulips, at least from past *and tonight''s* experience. So, I decided on mixing just a few Dutch tulips with with Devonshire hydrangeas. I made a "test" bouquet for a bridesmaid tonight, and I *think* I like it, but I need to take it to work and get some honest feedback. I''m all about being cheap, but I don''t want to have flowers that LOOK like I''m being cheap.

I left my camera at work because I took it in to show a friend the silly flower pictures I''ve been taking with my ring here lately. Tomorrow I''ll try to post pictures of the test run of the bouquet. It''s kind of cute, I think. There is this ball effect, with three tulips that kinda "pop" a little bit out. I like it, but when I post a picture, PLEASE give an honest opinion. They were cheap, and I won''t be hurt if I need to start over.
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
FYI-- IMO Pier One has some of the best, most realistic collection of silks anywhere. Of course... they are pricey. But they are truly lovely. I have a large vase of 100 of thier flame poppies in my living room. And they are just stunning.

There are a couple of other places... I''d call a couple interior designers... high end ones and ask them to refer you a person that does silk arrangements. My FSIL owns a decorating business and she gets some very beautiful silk arrangements done custom for her clients. She''s given me a couple of holiday silk arrangements that are so beautiful I actually use them.... and I REALLLY prefer fresh flowers.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The colors sound lovely, contrats now you can really start shopping!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 10:01:59 PM
Author: JulieN

*magical and special.*
pop some tylenol.
12.gif
shh... don''t scare her!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 11:38:32 AM
Author: sumbride

Date: 8/23/2006 10:01:59 PM
Author: JulieN

*magical and special.*
pop some tylenol.
12.gif
shh... don''t scare her!

Um yeah, I''m not sure what that means???

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Duh! Oh, because it''s gonna hurt? Yeah, so I hear. Grr. That''s unfortunate.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, Fisher, your colors are very close to ours!! We are going with purple and silver as our official colors... so bridesmaids will be wearing black with bouquets in monochromatic shades of purple, and MOH and I are pulling for lavender shoes as well!
1.gif
Purple has been my favorite color since I was little, so it seemed only natural to do that for our wedding.. and fortunately I see May as sort of a "transition" season where anything goes, color-wise. It will be beautiful for your winter wedding though!

Oh and as for "the" night, maybe just a glass of wine or two will suffice... I wouldn''t be too concerned. Lingerie is such a fun pre-wedding purchase though... congrats!
9.gif

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 6:07:34 PM
Duh! Oh, because it''s gonna hurt? Yeah, so I hear. Grr. That''s unfortunate.

Not necessarily . . . I wouldn''t let it worry you! Not to throw TMI into this thread, but we were one of those almost extinct couples who waited for the wedding night, and I didn''t need any Tylenol.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results