shape
carat
color
clarity

yay! the joy of small town vendors!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
My mom just called with the estimate from our florist/event designer. We sat down and talked while I was in town and designed an event that my mom was sure would cost $10k just for the flowers... from the floral arch to the tall arrangements, the candle lanterns, bouquets and corsages and petals everywhere plus table cloths and chair bows... and the estimate came in at just over $5k! My mom is ecstatic! Not only am I getting everything I even mentioned at the meeting, I''m getting it for half the budget from somebody who I know will do an amazing job! I''m so happy! woo hoo!!!

I''m really glad I decided to have this wedding in Texas, away from big-city prices! Flowers for everyone!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome! I can''t wait to see pics of your wedding. It sounds like it''s going to be amazing!

candctroll

Rough_Rock
Congrats! I am sure it is going to be beautiful!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
He got really excited when I told him about what I wanted to do on the cake table. We''re doing a blue silk overlay, covered in white petals, and then a glass round, so the cake will sit on a "carpet" of petals under glass. He said nobody in town had done that before and he was thrilled.

It''s going to be a beautiful wedding, definitely! It''s nice to have it all come together under budget.

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
I agree sum, I''m really shocked at the prices the girls in larger cities pay for stuff -- Example, our dj is wonderful, completely trustworthy to be allowed to speak at my wedding and plays great music, and is costing all of $200 for the duration of my reception, the food (if we decide on sit-down meal) is $25 per head, and the hotel was actually apologizing for the cost and telling me that it cost that much only bc of my menu choices -- I''m sooooo glad that the wedding boom really hasn''t hit here yet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results