shape
carat
color
clarity

yay! shower drama averted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
so when i got engaged my step-aunt (sister of my stepdad) offered to throw me a shower, and i was really excited. my step mom also offered to throw me one, but she knew that i already had one offer and she said that if i didn''t want another shower she would just put the money toward a gift.

well after thinking about it for a long time, i decided that i just wanted one shower. the VAST majority would be invited to both; the only people that would be invited to one and not the other would be my mom''s friends and my step moms friends (so, maybe 12 people in all). so i didn''t want people feeling awkward or obligated to go to both (especially the female family on my dad''s side, as they are still close with my mom), and i just really don''t want to have to worry about two parties! plus, i think it would kind of hurt my stepmoms feelings, because she would probably be able to tell that that is the reason why i would want to have two.

well i had a talk with my mom last nite and she said that she didn''t feel comfortable having my stepmom and her friends (five, maybe six ladies) at the shower that my step aunt is hosting. i told her that was my preference, but she still said that i should have two showers. I was really really disappointed, but i understood. later that nite i thought about it more and got pretty bummed out, because i really just want everyone in the same place, celebrating together. FI told me that i should tell my mom that i did NOT want two showers, and to please just deal with it.....which was NOT going to happen haha.

well this morning my mom called and said that she was outvoted (by my sister, her bf and my stepdad) and that she has conceded to having only one shower and inviting everyone! i am soo happy. even if i have to cut the guest list a little bit to make room, i don''t mind. three cheers for parents being cooperative and sucking it up!!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2008 10:04:10 AM
Author:mimzy
so when i got engaged my step-aunt (sister of my stepdad) offered to throw me a shower, and i was really excited. my step mom also offered to throw me one, but she knew that i already had one offer and she said that if i didn''t want another shower she would just put the money toward a gift.

well after thinking about it for a long time, i decided that i just wanted one shower. the VAST majority would be invited to both; the only people that would be invited to one and not the other would be my mom''s friends and my step moms friends (so, maybe 12 people in all). so i didn''t want people feeling awkward or obligated to go to both (especially the female family on my dad''s side, as they are still close with my mom), and i just really don''t want to have to worry about two parties! plus, i think it would kind of hurt my stepmoms feelings, because she would probably be able to tell that that is the reason why i would want to have two.

well i had a talk with my mom last nite and she said that she didn''t feel comfortable having my stepmom and her friends (five, maybe six ladies) at the shower that my step aunt is hosting. i told her that was my preference, but she still said that i should have two showers. I was really really disappointed, but i understood. later that nite i thought about it more and got pretty bummed out, because i really just want everyone in the same place, celebrating together. FI told me that i should tell my mom that i did NOT want two showers, and to please just deal with it.....which was NOT going to happen haha.

well this morning my mom called and said that she was outvoted (by my sister, her bf and my stepdad) and that she has conceded to having only one shower and inviting everyone! i am soo happy. even if i have to cut the guest list a little bit to make room, i don''t mind. three cheers for parents being cooperative and sucking it up!!
Hi there,
I am glad everything worked out for you. These family situations can get tricky. Enjoy your shower!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
thanks krisvrn! I will
9.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
So happy this all worked out for you! Have fun!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Yaay that is awesome! Have a great shower!
36.gif
36.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
thanks stephanie and sarah.
1.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Aww I''m glad it worked out for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results