shape
carat
color
clarity

Yay, my best friend got engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
My best friend has been dating her now FI for about 2.5 years and he proposed to her this weekend on top of the building where they met at an event. He told her to dress up for a political function that night and sent a car to pick her up saying that he was running late. She was dropped off at this building where they met and taken upstairs by one of his friends (at this point she knew what was up). Her FI was waiting on the roof, which has a gorgeous view of the city, and had champagne ready for the big moment. He got down on one knee to propose and she said yes, of course! Then her FI took her to their favorite restaurant where -- surprise! -- her whole family and his whole family AND me and my FI were waiting for her! FI and I flew from California to DC for the party and it was SO fun to see her face when she arrived. I just got engaged in May so we definitely snuck off to the bathroom at one point and jumped around screaming "we''re engaged!!" She is one of my bridesmaids and I''ve been trying not to discuss too much wedding stuff with her because I knew she really wanted to be engaged too, but now we can go into full wedding-planning mode together!

Yes, I do have a picture of the ring! I know that''s what you really want to see.
9.gif

Eohringforpricescope1.jpg

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a picture from the jeweler. The center stone is radiant cut and there are pave diamonds around the stone and halfway down each side of the band. I don''t have the specs of the center stone but it looks big on her hand! The ring was custom made at an independent jeweler in DC.

Eohringforpricescope2.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! That is a lovely, stunning, gorgeous ring!
30.gif
I''d be staring at it all day if I were her!

Congratulations to both of you! Happy Planning!

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Her ring is gorgeous.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thats so much fun that you two are engaged together! That is a stunner of a ring!!
30.gif
30.gif

With any luck by the end of this year I will be celebrating the same way with my friend who got engaged in early September. I''ve been helping her tons with her wedding planner (as I am her MOH) and she''s said a few times how the info I''ve put together for her will come in useful for myself one day soon.

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Clairitek, your research will totally come in handy when you get engaged!

It''s going to be fun to plan together and see what the differences are because I''m getting married in a small town and she''ll get married in DC. I just moved away from DC and I wish I could go look at the beautiful venues around there with her. Hopefully I''ll have some good advice for her as she starts planning. It seems like whenever I ask my friends for their thoughts they always say do whatever you want, it''s your wedding! But that''s not always helpful when I really do want their opinions.

Carbonlove

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring! It''s so sparkly!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
What a cute proposal! I love that you and your FI as well as both families got to share the night with your best friend and her new FI, that makes it all the more special. But I''m soo jealous you two get to wedding plan together... its the perfect situation because, like you mentioned, neither of you will get tired of hearing about/talking about weddings- haah! Tell her congratulations - beautiful ring!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to your BF!!!!

Her ring is gorgeous and proposal was super sweet and memorable!

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! i really love her ring!! how exciting for you both!!

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your comments! I''ll have to pass on your positive vibes to my friend!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results