shape
carat
color
clarity

YAY! I''ve achieved my goal of doing down to 106lb and size 2!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations PHX
36.gif
36.gif
I bet you feel wonderful
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 7:57:18 AM
Author: MMT
Cogratulations you must be so proud of yourself. It''s great to see hardwork payoff. I love to workout and I''m motivated by the changes in my body I see. Good for you
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks so much, MMT. Really appreciate your kind words.
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 8:11:12 AM
Author: Skippy123
Congratulations PHX
36.gif
36.gif
I bet you feel wonderful
9.gif
Thank you, too, Skippy. You''re a sweetheart.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 12:58:52 PM
Author: Phoenix

Date: 3/22/2009 12:49:55 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/22/2009 10:19:09 AM

Yes, ma''am! It feels soooo darn gooooood!
9.gif

Oh don''t hate me
1.gif
. I really struggled, particularly as you know I have that Thyroid disorder. I''m sure you can do it, Ellen. If I can do it, I am sure you can. Good luck.
Oh goodness, I could never really hate you. And yeah, I can do it, I just have to get moving.
11.gif
He he, I know you were kidding. I love ya, you know that, right? Just wanted to tell you that before I go to bed. ''night!
Aw, thanks you. And back atcha!
2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 6:51:24 PM
Author: Haven
I have to laugh, because I can''t even remember ever weighing 106 lbs. I''m 5''9.5'', and I wear between a size 6 and a 10, depending on the time of year. (I hibernate during the winter months. It''s not pretty.) At my smallest I''m around 145, so it was just funny to read that you felt fat at 122. I totally get it, though. I have a pretty athletic build, though you wouldn''t be able to see it in our wedding pictures; I was on the heavier end of my spectrum for our wedding.
Ditto Haven! It''s so funny how weight shoes so differently on different people. I''m 5''4" and my ''easy'' maintenance hovers around 128-130, but I''m a size 2-4
3.gif
It''s hard to imagine how 118 could equal a tight size 6 on someone who''s only 2 inches shorter than me.

We all have different frames, though. Le sigh. I''d love a dainty frame, but it was not in my cards...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your weight loss, getting healthy and achieving your goals Phoenix - what a wonderful accomplishment
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 2:06:13 PM
Author: musey
I have to laugh, because I can''t even remember ever weighing 106 lbs. I''m 5''9.5'', and I wear between a size 6 and a 10, depending on the time of year. (I hibernate during the winter months. It''s not pretty.) At my smallest I''m around 145, so it was just funny to read that you felt fat at 122. I totally get it, though. I have a pretty athletic build, though you wouldn''t be able to see it in our wedding pictures; I was on the heavier end of my spectrum for our wedding.
Ditto Haven! It''s so funny how weight shoes so differently on different people. I''m 5''4'' and my ''easy'' maintenance hovers around 128-130, but I''m a size 2-4
3.gif
It''s hard to imagine how 118 could equal a tight size 6 on someone who''s only 2 inches shorter than me.

We all have different frames, though. Le sigh. I''d love a dainty frame, but it was not in my cards...
Oh sheesh. SHOWS, not SHOES. Guess we know what''s on my mind today
20.gif
3.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on hitting your HL goals, Phoenix!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 11:13:34 PM

Thank you, Haven. It does feel very good indeed.
9.gif

Wow, I can''t believe that there are people out there, like you and Sharon, who never get sick. I do wish that that was me. I drink lots of water myself, like 8-10 glasses a day. How much do you drink?

I probably drink 8 to 10 glasses a day. Honestly, though, I think that it''s my water consumption coupled with very low stress that keeps me so healthy. It''s not that I do not face stressors in life, but I do make sure to keep my own personal stress levels low in the face of stressors.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have to laugh, because I can't even remember ever weighing 106 lbs. I'm 5'9.5', and I wear between a size 6 and a 10, depending on the time of year. (I hibernate during the winter months. It's not pretty.) At my smallest I'm around 145, so it was just funny to read that you felt fat at 122. I totally get it, though. I have a pretty athletic build, though you wouldn't be able to see it in our wedding pictures; I was on the heavier end of my spectrum for our wedding.
Ditto Haven! It's so funny how weight shoes so differently on different people. I'm 5'4' and my 'easy' maintenance hovers around 128-130, but I'm a size 2-4
3.gif
It's hard to imagine how 118 could equal a tight size 6 on someone who's only 2 inches shorter than me.

We all have different frames, though. Le sigh. I'd love a dainty frame, but it was not in my cards...
Now, I'm really intrigued! What labels do you wear?

The dress in question is a 6 DVF (and I think most likely I was heavier than 118lbs, maybe 122lbs or even heavier). I have clothes ranging from size 0 (like a DK dress, some Mango trousers and a couple of BCBC dresses - I really should give those to charities, I will never fit into them again!
3.gif
1.gif
) to sizes 2,4 and 6. I have other DVF dresses that are size 4 and some BCBG that are 2 and 4. I have Gucci trousers, dresses and skirts that are 38, 40 and 42 (I think those are the equivalents of US 2, 4 and 6 respectively). When I was at my heaviest, I wore the 42 trousers a lot, like practically everyday! All I know is that I've gone down two sizes and now can fit quite comfortably into my gorgeous and sexy Gucci dresses of size 38. YAY!!
36.gif
. I *hate* spending money on something (even if they're discounted, LOL) and not wear them.

I also have some Banana Republic. I think they're cut a bit more generous (or alternatively, the above labels are cut too small, not sure which). BR size 4 was loose on me, even when I was wearing the Gucci 42.

Anyway, who cares so much about sizes, right? As I said, as long as you're fit and healthy, that's what's most important.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 3:11:47 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Congratulations on your weight loss, getting healthy and achieving your goals Phoenix - what a wonderful accomplishment
9.gif
Thank you so much, AG. It is a wonderful accomplishment. I feel sooooo much betterand healthier.
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 7:52:15 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Congrats on hitting your HL goals, Phoenix!
Thank you so much, ChargerGrrl.
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm surprised you're that curious
3.gif

I'm a firm 2 in BCBG dresses (almost all their 4s hang on me), but that's the only 'label' I have for you... I'm not a dress person or label person (welcome to SoCal
3.gif
haha) other than the 8-10 BCBG dresses I tried on this winter when shopping for an event. All my other clothes are jeans and tops that are in the SML sizing for the most part.

My 'safe' dress size - the size I have to give casting directors to make sure I'm small enough for whatever they're pulling for me - is a 4, though they usually have to pin their 4s or get something smaller once I get to the fitting.

The women in my family are notorious weight hiders. People are usually shocked when I tell them my weight, which I also chalk up to the fact that ALL women lie about their weight by 5-10 lbs. (for no reason at all, since obviously a verbal admission of weight has no impact on our visual size), so peoples' idea of XXXlbs. is thrown off.

The difference in our weight to appearance ratio likely is largely in frame and fat/muscle placement. I'm sure you're still smaller than my 130ish self, don't worry
20.gif
3.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 2:26:01 AM
I'm surprised you're that curious
3.gif

I'm a firm 2 in BCBG dresses (almost all their 4s hang on me), but that's the only 'label' I have for you... I'm not a dress person or label person (welcome to SoCal
3.gif
haha) other than the 8-10 BCBG dresses I tried on this winter when shopping for an event. All my other clothes are jeans and tops that are in the SML sizing for the most part.

My 'safe' dress size - the size I have to give casting directors to make sure I'm small enough for whatever they're pulling for me - is a 4, though they usually have to pin their 4s or get something smaller once I get to the fitting.

The women in my family are notorious weight hiders. People are usually shocked when I tell them my weight, which I also chalk up to the fact that ALL women lie about their weight by 5-10 lbs. (for no reason at all, since obviously a verbal admission of weight has no impact on our visual size), so peoples' idea of XXXlbs. is thrown off.

The difference in our weight to appearance ratio likely is largely in frame and fat/muscle placement. I'm sure you're still smaller than my 130ish self, don't worry
20.gif
3.gif
Thanks for that, Musey. I bet you look gorgeous in yr size 2 BCBG dresses
1.gif
(and I mean that sincerely).

I didn't mean "labels" as in "designer labels". I don't think one can call Mango or BR designer labels. I also wear a lot of other unknown brands too. I just quoted those for our easy reference, since they're familiar names to most people.

Personally I don't see why it is necessary for some women to feel the need to lie about the weight (if indeed they do. I certainly don't think that "all" women do this. I don't know of any of my friends that do). Surely, as I've said before, shouldn't everyone be aiming for better health rather than succumbing to some "ideal size" or "weight" that is put out there by the media and the stick-thin celebrities (Kate Moss and Victoria Beckham, anyone?!) (?). I do indeed blame society and the media to throw these stick thin and gorgeous (well, most of them anyway - VB is NOT gorgeous) women in our faces practically constantly, everywhere you look.

Oh, and I'm naturally a very inquisitive person. I'm also an auditor, can you tell ?!
3.gif
1.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 12:41:56 PM

Date: 3/22/2009 12:34:48 PM
Author: vespergirl
Yay! Congrats, I am so happy for you! That is great news!
Thank you, Vespergirl. I appreciate it.

You know you inspired me with your weight loss thread, right? I have to thank you for that.

How are you doing?
Hey there!

I''ve lost 10 pounds so far, but now I''m stuck at a plateau for the past 2 weeks, and those last 5 just won''t come off. I just started changing my workout, though, (adding more weights) so hopefully it won''t take too long to get them off.

We are going on vacation to the Caribbean in mid-May, so I''m hoping to lose the last 5 by then. Nothing like having to be seen in a bikini to make me turn down dessert ;-)

Congrats again on your success!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. How exciting.
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ditto Haven! It''s so funny how weight shoes so differently on different people. I''m 5''4'' and my ''easy'' maintenance hovers around 128-130, but I''m a size 2-4
3.gif

It is so funny how everyone''s body is so different. I am 5''1" and am a size 2 around 115-120. If I was your weight I would be at least a 0. Though don''t think I could EVER get down to 106 again. Every 10 lbs seems to be another size on my body. Anyways, congrats on meeting your goal. I am sure it feels fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results