shape
carat
color
clarity

Yay! Found "The Dress"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Hello, I''ve been a lurker for a while, but I''m getting married August 12, 2007. And since I''ve been reading about the trials and tribulations and triumphs of the brides I thought I''d finally join in.

I don''t know how many dressess I''d tried on or the numbers of magazines I looked through. Turns out I look terrible in all the dresses that I like at the beginning of this venture. Long torso and junk in the trunk make for some frightening mirror images with the wrong cut! I didn''t think it was possible that a dress can make you look like a linebacker if the cut is wrong for you! And on the flip side, the first gown I tried on made me say, "Oh! This is why people with money buy expensive clothes!" Never had on a "constructed" or should I say "engineered" garment before :)

The styles of dresses I wouldn''t instinctively gravitate to look great on me though. That''s how I ended up getting a Maggie Sottero called Cordelia. Normally I wouldn''t try on this type of gown as it is too poufy for my tastes, but it will be altered so that it will be more of a draping A-line by taking out the under crinoline and taking it in a bit, and the extra fabric of the train will be removed so that just the overlay will be the train.

Sorry that it is only a stock photo. The day I went the digital camera batteries weren''t working. When I go back to be fitted I''ll get ones of me in it.

It''s got a side sweep, subtle bodice teiring, a lace overlay but it is very light and delicate, and a laceup back. It''ll be more flowy and summery light with alterations. Unfortunately there is no close up of the detail and the back of the stock photo is obscured by the veil the model is wearing so I didn''t bother to post it. I''m getting it in ivory which looks white with my skintone. Pure white is a bit blinding and "fake" on me. The price was affordable (not spectacular or a bargain) and I didn''t want to take it off so I took that as a good sign :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I got married on 8/12/06 so I think you chose the perfect date
2.gif
Congrats on finding the dress AND coming out of lurkville. Welcome to Pricescope.
35.gif

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!

i''m a "maggie" bride too (Grace Kelly)- I love the way her gowns fit

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the welcome :)

I never thought a date would be set as we were having real problems with the venue we really (I should I say I) really wanted. and other places were insane...one bontanical garden wanted $3500 just for using their space (of course a business gathering, on the other hand, was every cheap)! We finally went with another place and it has grown on me a lot. It''s a very quaint country inn that does weddings and they don''t charge for the space just for the catering.

I can''t wait to try on the dress again and get pictures. I tell my FI that it is his fault that I''ve turned into a girl. :)

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
My ering:

I don''t have the info on it at the moment.

bluenileengagementring.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Your picture is not showing up.. but have no fear.. I''m tracking it down. :)

This is directly from the maggie sottero website which used to have some external block on it.. but lets see if works
J997.jpg

J997.jpg

amileegirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting them.

I went to the shop today and took pictures but the photo develop closed (I had to buy a disposable because I forgot the digital grrr!) and I won''t get them until tomorrow.

I''m not sure now if that photo is exactly it--no other picture on the Maggie Sottero site is even close so this must be the right one. It is almost identical anyway, but the dress in the shop doesn''t have as many appliques and it has crystals on it. I''ll have to compare to this stock photo when I get the pics.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! What a lovely ring as well, love the sapphires in it. I''m considering putting sapphires in my wedding band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results