shape
carat
color
clarity

YAY FINALLY ORDERED THE DIAMOND STUDS!!!!

Pandabear90

Rough_Rock
After a months time of being the biggest pain in the ass, reading up on everything, posting on these forums questions that have been asked millions of times, debating back and forth between different vendors... I have finally just placed my order for them...or should I say for my (gf) and our 1 yr anniv....I mean I guess at least I'll get to see them on her :shifty:

So after all the headaches of almost purchasing a Ritani set...where one of the studs seem to had too many inclusions (cloudy/feather)and had me worried when I saw images, cause of the studs looked like it had alot so I got scared and went back to...

WHITEFLASH :clap: (I'm sure most of you will be proud)

Thanks to Sheerah from whiteflash for helping me throughout this process. Also advised me that these were eye clean, and a perfect fit even though 2 different clarity grades, but that doesn't matter. Also since whiteflash uses AGS, which is apparantly more stricter then GIA?

.311 I SI1 Ideal Expert Selection
Table: 55
Depth: 61.3
Crown: 34.3
Pavillion: 40.8
HCA: 1.1

.315 I VS2 Ideal ACA
Table: 55.3
Depth: 61.9
Crown: 34.9
Pavillion: 40.7
HCA:1.2

rsz_screen_shot_2014-10-09_at_94233_pm_5.jpg
rsz_screen_shot_2014-10-09_at_95220_pm_3.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well YAY!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I am SO glad you went with WF and got two beautifully matched stones! I have studs and other things from WF and have always found that it is the easiest place to find an ideal cut matched pair since they cut stones within narrow proportions for their inventory. Sheerah is who usually helps me and she really is great! I think this is the beginning of a great future because you care enough to get your gf something of really high quality! Hope you can come back with an ear shot for us and tell us how she likes them!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Well done!!! Woohoo!.
what setting have you chosen for these babies... 3 prong martini, bezel, basket?
you have to come back and show us ear shots, after she falls off the chair..

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Amazing gift and yes your concern and generosity does bode well for the your future.
Congratulations :)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a lucky, lucky girl!!! :love:

Pandabear90

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1412914233|3765231 said:
Well YAY!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I am SO glad you went with WF and got two beautifully matched stones! I have studs and other things from WF and have always found that it is the easiest place to find an ideal cut matched pair since they cut stones within narrow proportions for their inventory. Sheerah is who usually helps me and she really is great! I think this is the beginning of a great future because you care enough to get your gf something of really high quality! Hope you can come back with an ear shot for us and tell us how she likes them!

Thanks so much for all your help diamondseeker2006, and of course I will come back with an ear shot! After all was said and done whiteflash's diamonds were the only ones that had the best proportions. My thinking was why would I pay 1200 at Ritani for a pair to only hope that the inclusions on the diamonds when they arrive didn't affect the eye cleanliness of them...so might as well pay the extra and be 100% confident with my purchase.

Pandabear90

Rough_Rock
gregchang35|1412914967|3765236 said:
Well done!!! Woohoo!.
what setting have you chosen for these babies... 3 prong martini, bezel, basket?
you have to come back and show us ear shots, after she falls off the chair..

3 prong martini, and I will deffinately do so!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1412914233|3765231 said:

Sheerah also helped me to make a pair of diamond earrings. I was very impressed with how diligently WF worked to try to meet my specifications. Your earrings sound wonderful. I am sure your gf will find them stunning.

AGBF

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Those are absolutely perfect! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful gift from your heart. Your girlfriend is very lucky-and it has nothing to do with the lovely earrings per se but the thought behind them. Your generosity is lovely to see and as Lara wrote and I agree-it does bode well for your future together. I hope she loves them and happy anniversary and best wishes for a happy future together. :appl:

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
They will be beautiful. She's a lucky girl.

Pandabear90

Rough_Rock
missy|1412937680|3765306 said:
A beautiful gift from your heart. Your girlfriend is very lucky-and it has nothing to do with the lovely earrings per se but the thought behind them. Your generosity is lovely to see and as Lara wrote and I agree-it does bode well for your future together. I hope she loves them and happy anniversary and best wishes for a happy future together. :appl:

Thank you missy and to everyone else for the kind words. I, myself can't wait to see them lol...about to pierce my own ears and wear them LOL, just kidding.. :dance:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW !!!!!!- very very nice. Now ..... think about the presentation sans box & all...................
The great thing about studs is she can wear them every day - dress up, dress down...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, you have made us proud! They look like a beautiful matching set! I'm jealous!!!

Pandabear90

Rough_Rock
motownmama|1412942432|3765332 said:
WOW !!!!!!- very very nice. Now ..... think about the presentation sans box & all...................
The great thing about studs is she can wear them every day - dress up, dress down...

thanks motownmama! what sans box?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandabear90|1412949353|3765376 said:
motownmama|1412942432|3765332 said:

thanks motownmama! what sans box?

"sans box" means "without the box". "sans" is French.

AGBF

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The problem with their normal earring box is that it is just like a ring box with a different insert.

I think I have a solution. Ask Sheerah to send the earrings in a necklace box. It has the places that earrings can go, but the box is slightly larger...not too big, but it definitely does not look like a ring box. It is the same nice wooden box but slightly larger. If I can find the time, I will find both boxes to show you. But trust me on this one. You don't want to give her the earrings in the small box.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm soooooo glad you went with WF! They will be beautiful!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1412953736|3765403 said:
The problem with their normal earring box is that it is just like a ring box with a different insert.

I think I have a solution. Ask Sheerah to send the earrings in a necklace box. It has the places that earrings can go, but the box is slightly larger...not too big, but it definitely does not look like a ring box. It is the same nice wooden box but slightly larger. If I can find the time, I will find both boxes to show you. But trust me on this one. You don't want to give her the earrings in the small box.

Yes this is a good idea if they will humor you, the necklace box is flatter/wider so it doesn't look like a ring box.

I did NOT weigh in on whether to get them or not because individual couples can be at really different places at the one year mark so really not for us to decide whether it is appropriate. But I think you will both love these earrings, and there is the upgrade policy as well which is really nice.

Pandabear90

Rough_Rock
part gypsy|1412961578|3765464 said:
diamondseeker2006|1412953736|3765403 said:

Yes this is a good idea if they will humor you, the necklace box is flatter/wider so it doesn't look like a ring box.

I did NOT weigh in on whether to get them or not because individual couples can be at really different places at the one year mark so really not for us to decide whether it is appropriate. But I think you will both love these earrings, and there is the upgrade policy as well which is really nice.

lol should I just pierce a stuff animal's ear just kidding...haha. The necklace box is a good idea, what other ideas do you guys have?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think there is any reason to further disguise the box. WF boxes are pretty and she'll enjoy opening the beautiful earrings in a nice box. The objective is just for it not to appear to be a ring box.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
That is so amazing. Glad you took the time and effort to select these stones and to use WF. it is very sexy when a man spends so much time thinking about a gift. She is a very lucky girl. I always have to select my own gifts my husband doesn't have an original thought it his head about jewelry.

Ear shots when you give it to her MAZEL TOV

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandabear90|1412962293|3765469 said:
lol should I just pierce a stuff animal's ear just kidding...haha. The necklace box is a good idea, what other ideas do you guys have?

Actually I think this is a charming idea, especially if there's a stuffed animal that might be special to the two of you. Or... put them on the tails of a ribbon tied around a bouquet of flowers, or a stuffed animal's neck, or something. Have the earring box on hand to store whatever earrings she's wearing at the time. Seriously, as long as you're careful, the earrings do not have to be presented in a box.

Pandabear90

Rough_Rock
heididdl|1413064136|3765900 said:
That is so amazing. Glad you took the time and effort to select these stones and to use WF. it is very sexy when a man spends so much time thinking about a gift. She is a very lucky girl. I always have to select my own gifts my husband doesn't have an original thought it his head about jewelry.

Ear shots when you give it to her MAZEL TOV

Haha thanks for the moral support thoughout all my posts!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They will be beautiful!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congrats! I think you made a great decision going with WF. I almost purchased from them in my pre diamonds days, I think they have very nice quality. The difference in the overall quality of the two smalls is very small and in stones this size you will not see any difference in the ears at all. It can be very difficult to find matching pairs and since the two ears are far from one another, even if there was a bit more of a difference, you could not tell. My halo-d studs are also 30 pointers, F-VS2-s but there is a small difference in the cut like in the case of yours. You absolutely cannot tell unless you are looking with a loupe.

You are being a great boyfriend and I have followed your threads. It is a wonderful gesture. Things like this happened to me several times in my life and I do not think there is anything wrong with it at all but do listen to the box advice. When an ex-boyfriend gave me earrings for my birthday three months after dating I about died when I saw the box. I cannot describe it to you. I did want to get engaged and we did later but I did not know how to react as I was not sure what was inside, I wanted it to be a ring but yet felt scared an almost embarrassed as to how to react. When I opened the box and saw the earrings I had very mixed feelings too and it was hard to show a normal reaction. I think that a necklace box is the best idea because then she will know right away that it does not contain a ring. She may get scared if she thinks it is a ring or she may feel very disappointed if she secretly wants one and it is not that. Best to avoid either scenario.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see ear shots. They look gorgeous! Your girlfriend is sure to love them.

Off topic- I love your name and your avatar! One of my twins has a stuffed panda named Bubba that goes with us everywhere. Just made me smile :)

Pandabear90

Rough_Rock
haha, thanks alot guys, and yea I hear you on the box idea, I'll have to think of something =). I really didn't think it was this extensive when it came to buying a pair of diamond studs, but I have learned so much along the way, still a noobie though haha...but it was quite the learning experience.

Also, panda bears are the best animals :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results