shape
carat
color
clarity

Yay, centrepieces semi-sorted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have been having a total nightmare trying to find something that would work.

The plan is to have bowls of fruit: pineapples, grapes, oranges, apricots etc - my colours are gold/orange/yellow/off-white and lavender.

Everything I looked at container-wise was either too low, or too bulky.

Then I spotted these on ebay, the girl was only selling 10, but I emailed her and turned out she had 12 of them (she didn't make the last two up).

They come with all the ivy, the wisteria, the baskets and the LED battery doodahs.

She filled the baskets with spring bulbs, which I thought was a really pretty idea.

So, I'm thinking of spraying the bases gold, removing the wisteria and crystal things and maybe taking the LEDs off - they're that icy white whereas I prefer the warmer white colour that's more like candle-light. I'm not allowed candles.

They're 75cm tall, and the bowl part is another 15cm tall and 30cm diameter, so they are easily tall enough for people to see across the table, which was the previous problem!

Opinions? Do you think they will work? I'm looking for a tudor/medievally kind of look...

Do I need something at the bottom? I'm not using mirrors, but I could have some of those battery votive candles... or I could have small bowls of sugared almonds, I have 2kilos of them which isn't enough to do a bag of 5 for everyone and I'm doing individual favours anyway, so maybe a bowl for those who like to nibble might work well??

Here are some pictures:

ca21_12.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
These are the bases:

a6eb_12.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Another...

400b_12.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
With the LEDs:

dd7c_12.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
This is the room they will be in:

panlibrary.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks lovely, Pandora!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results