shape
carat
color
clarity

Yard pictures

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks DF!

lliang, we have 2 kinds of potatoes, 2 kinds of tomatoes (roma and..something..goliath? something "big" sounding anyway), regular onions, pull onions, lettuce, carrots, green peppers and jalapeno..and green beans. I think that's it. We like it so much we're going to skip over the walkway and put in more next year in the play area.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful garden!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I love it! :love:

I love the way you divided the yard into separate areas, and all the order and symmetry, it's so pretty. Can you squeeze in a fruit tree somewhere? Those are such fun, I have a bunch of them.

I'm a big gardener myself, but my style is completely different; I'm a "poker". I'll poke a plant into a bed here, a bed there, wherever it looks nice. Half the time they don't like the spot and die, half the time they multiply too much. Whatever multiplies, I'll plant some more of, and whatever dies I'll try in another spot or transplant it when it's looking peaked. So, my garden is pretty motley. But that's okay for me.

My aunt has another style, she'll just plant anything, anywhere. I try to keep mine in beds or areas, but she'll just stick in a tree wherever she feels like it. Then a vine on the tree, then some plants near that, maybe a bush or two. You basically can't see her house anymore. :bigsmile: But it is very lush, and she's forever taking cuttings from wherever she goes.

She took a cutting of a rare hibiscus that I had in the yard of my first house. Here's a pic, I had a Chinese lantern hibiscus; http://www.fancyhibiscus.com/RARE.htm She grew it in her yard, then moved and brought a cutting to the new place. I moved about 3 times, and about a year ago, I noticed the hibiscus in her yard (it was tricky to spot :lol: ) and took a cutting. So 20 years later, I have my hibiscus back!

Gardening is just cool and your yard is plain awesome! :cheeky:

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packie, your yard looks absolutely spectacular!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful and well-maintained! You really take pride in your home and it shows!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh honey, please just brag away! if that's what you feel you're doing. You SO deserve the praise! You *know* I am hopelessly in l.o.v.e with your yard. Yours and J.D.'s investment in time and money, love and care is so obvious. Between you and Ms. Gailey..... well I'm convinced that I'm going to have to fly one of you over to Long Island to give my quarter acre some love. I told you, you should really do this for a living, or at least as a side business, You'd make a nice penny doing landscape design. You have a great eye!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely lovely and inspiring!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, replies I didn't see the first time around-sorry! Thank you guys very much! We've been making plans for what's getting changed this fall for next year..man I love making plans!

Wanted to add pics of the garden thus far. The tomatoes are almost 6ft tall! It's nuts. We're expanding the garden next year.

100_3399.jpg

100_3400.jpg

100_3401.jpg

100_3402.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at it all grow!

Packrat, your yard is beautiful and I bet those veggies taste great.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
That is one of the most beautiful backyards I have ever seen! You have every right to brag!

My dad would LOVE it too, he has always had a little veggie garden in every house we've ever lived in, I want to show him how you mixed flowers, trees, grass and edible plants, so it's functional and beautiful.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I've really enjoyed your threads about your backyard, packrat. And your photos are great.

Wow -- your tomatoes are going wild! What do you use for fertilizer? What varieties did you plant? My sun gold tomatoes are looking pretty good this year, but none of my tomato plants are as lush-looking as yours.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful garden! I'm glad you decided to share it with us!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks you guys! The tomatoes are Goliath and Roma. I want to go out and do some yard work but it's about 115 w/the heat index and no breeze or anything..it's like trying to breathe w/a wet rag over your face. ick.

ETA: Lula, I gave the garden Miracle Gro a couple times earlier in the season but the second time was about a month ago.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW that is amazing and just flat out gorgeous! Great job!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results