shape
carat
color
clarity

Yankess Vs. Boston, and the Curse...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I just went over to Babe Ruths grave site at lunch - you know, for good luck tonight and stuff. It''s insane over there - red socks hanging above the gravestone, candles, articles, ticket stubs, and a crowd of men in busines suits doingthe african swahealee curse dance. (Ok, i made up the last part about the dance, but there really is a crowd of busines men with very serious looks on their faces..)

reena

Ideal_Rock
GO SOX!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Uh oh Reena, looks like jewlery is the only thing we have in common!!
twirl.gif

Kiddin' - I'm actually a little excited for Boston too!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
my sweety is a big yankees fan so there's been no joy in our household these past few nites
rolleyes.gif

just end it already! & put us out of our torturous misery! ...of course i'm talkin about the hockey lockout
saint.gif

baseball zzzzz
14.gif
(of course, i used to be a mets fan so this could just be sour grapes)
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Go Redsox!! We'd rather play them than the Yankees in the World Series! (We being the Cardinals.)

I'm going to the game this afternoon....For those of you on the east coast, there IS another division out there playing baseball with teams from Missouri and Texas.
2.gif

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
Here in Houston it's ASTROS all the way!!!!!!!!!!! We're "buzzing" over our "KILLER BEE'S". Ready to wrap it up later today or tomorrow and then bring on the Yankees or the Red Sox. I do think that the "curse of the Bambino" will prevail and we'll be playing the Yankees....but if I had my pick, I'd rather us play the RedSox. The Yankee fans are not very nice to visitor teams! GO ASTROS!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I'm a huge Mets fan. So, by virtue of that, I am not a big Yankee fan. Though I usually root for any of the NY teams.

Not this time! It's time to break the curse.
9.gif

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus the Yankee pitching hasn't been as good as they have in the past losing Clements (didn't like) & Andy P.

I'm pulling for an Astro/Sox series. I'm an underdog kinda fan.

reena

Ideal_Rock
well . . .

it truly is bad for me to be rooting against the yanks, as 1) i live in NYC, and 2) all of the men in my family are avid yankees fans. but, i just can't bring myself to cheer for them. they always win.

my honey is a die-hard cubs fan (which comes with its own set of heartaches!), so that's really the team of choice in our apartment. but, i did spend 3 years in boston for law school, and cubs fans and red sox fans seem to share some sort of curse/hard-luck bond, so we're both pulling for boston.

go sox!

1.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Go Cards! Matt MO will bring it in for St. Louie!

Denise

Shiny_Rock
Even though I was born in NY...I live in Houston sooooo...GO ASTROS !!! I've had the privilege of going to a few Astros game lately. I saw them beat the Rockies, Braves and now the Cards...tee hee. It's so much more exciting seeing it live. To witness one home run after another. And cheering w/ your fellow fan friends and slappin' "high fives" w/ complete strangers. Acting a fool and losing your voice...there's nothing like it.
appl.gif
appl.gif

Between the Yanks and the Sox...GO SOX..Like Reena said...they ALWAYS win. I am going for the underdog.

Denise

www.whiteflash.com

21.gif

Judi W

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 10/20/2004 3:03:40 PM Denise wrote:

Even though I was born in NY...I live in Houston sooooo...GO ASTROS !!! I've had the privilege of going to a few Astros game lately. I saw them beat the Rockies, Braves and now the Cards...tee hee. It's so much more exciting seeing it live. To witness one home run after another. And cheering w/ your fellow fan friends and slappin' 'high fives' w/ complete strangers. Acting a fool and losing your voice...there's nothing like it.
appl.gif
appl.gif

Between the Yanks and the Sox...GO SOX..Like Reena said...they ALWAYS win. I am going for the underdog.

Denise

www.whiteflash.com

21.gif

----------------
I would like to add that Denise is dressed in full Astros regalia today....complete with her "Strows" shirt and cap...ready to root our boys home to their first ever World Series! Woo Hoo!

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
GO "Strows" and lets go to Boston.

It is 94 here in Houston today. I don't think either the Sox or the Yanks and take us in this heat.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Myself and my sweetie are HUGE REDSOX FANS~!~!~!~!
Shillings did a fantastic job pitching last night, and he was HURT~!

GO REDSOX~!~!~!~!~!~!
appl.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I gotta say, Id love to see the Sox win it. Just to see them beat the Yankees. Im sick of the Yankees.

I just hope the cardinals can pull it together. Jeez.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/20/2004 2:38:10 PM yellowfan wrote:

Go Cards! Matt MO will bring it in for St. Louie!----------------

We're watching it here inthe office. I hope Matt Morris brings it because so far its more like he's getting a delivery.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/20/2004 2:13:23 PM reena wrote:

well . . .

my honey is a die-hard cubs fan (which comes with its own set of heartaches!), so that's really the team of choice in our apartment. but, i did spend 3 years in boston for law school, and cubs fans and red sox fans seem to share some sort of curse/hard-luck bond, so we're both pulling for boston.

1.gif
----------------

Next year... We're still just lulling all of MLB into a false sense of security!

Jean

Shiny_Rock
It is time for the SOX!!!! I am so happy to see so many of you cheering for the SOX!!! My fiance is on is way over and there is plenty of beer in the fridge because it will be needed tonight! Talk about stress!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Go Yankees.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
just got home from work....GO RED SOX!!!!

9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/20/2004 6:13:35 PM Jennifer5973 wrote:

Go Yankees.
----------------

spoil sport
wink2.gif
9.gif
Your tiny font shows you are not committed!
wink2.gif

So, your one of "those" NY'ers.
wink2.gif
9.gif

Not me at Shea w/ my Grandpop. Fond memories. THose amazin Met. Meet the Mets. Meet the Mets. '69 series. And, I think the 89 series. Can a Mets fan really like a Yankee fan?
wink2.gif
9.gif

But for right now - GO ASTROS! Couple more runs will do it!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/20/2004 6:43:54 PM fire&ice wrote:

----------------
On 10/20/2004 6:13:35 PM Jennifer5973 wrote:

Go Yankees.
----------------

spoil sport
wink2.gif
9.gif
Your tiny font shows you are not committed!
wink2.gif

So, your one of 'those' NY'ers.
wink2.gif
9.gif

Not me at Shea w/ my Grandpop. Fond memories. THose amazin Met. Meet the Mets. Meet the Mets. '69 series. And, I think the 89 series. Can a Mets fan really like a Yankee fan?
wink2.gif
9.gif

But for right now - GO ASTROS! Couple more runs will do it!----------------

Oh, nooooooooo...I am committed....but I was afraid of the irrrational Sox fanatics who seem to be taking over this thread!
2.gif

GO YANKEES!!!!
9.gif

Edited at 11: 40 ET:
sad.gif
...But the CURSE isn't broken until they win the World series....
2.gif

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
Congrats to all the Boston Fans.....now watch out, because here come our Astros! I saw one NY headline that read "Hell Freezes Over". The curse is broken -- as all curses must be eventually!

Roger C is ready and so are WE....Go Strows! (Biting our nails in Houston!)

appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

JC

Shiny_Rock
Well, I'm not a Red Sox or Yankees fan, but I did watch this series. I guess someone coming back from three games down had to happen at some point. How poetic though for that team to be the Red Sox against the Yankees. I'm glad the Sox won that series, but it would have been cool to see Houston play the Yankees in the world series for only one reason. ROGER CLEMONS. How weird would it have been to see Clemons face the team that he played for in last years World Series? That would have also been a good sports story, but nowhere near as significant as the Sox beating the Yankees in game 7 at NY.

1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tonight should be interesting. Ill be there, probably in the nosebleeds. Got the tix from our print vendor at work (I run the print graphics dept in an ad agency.)

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
WASN'T THAT A GREAT GAME LAST NIGHT????
appl.gif

YEH RED SOX~!~!~! Lowe was fantastic, and Johnny Damin ROCKS~!~!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/21/2004 1:13:18 PM Diamondsbybree wrote:

WASN'T THAT A GREAT GAME LAST NIGHT????
appl.gif

YEH RED SOX~!~!~! Lowe was fantastic, and Johnny Damin ROCKS~!~!----------------

Who's THAT?
confused.gif
tongue.gif

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
Glad the Sox won....didn't want Clemons to pitch against the Yankees in NY. The fans in Yankee stadium are not exactly know for their hospitality and kindness! It's 95 degrees in Houston today.... we hope our boys will stay HOT in St. Louis tonight!!!! Go Astros!!

/idealbb/images/smilies/appl.gif/idealbb/images/smilies/appl.gif/idealbb/images/smilies/appl.gif/idealbb/images/smilies/appl.gif/idealbb/images/smilies/appl.gif/idealbb/images/smilies/appl.gif/idealbb/images/smilies/appl.gif/idealbb/images/smilies/appl.gif/idealbb/images/smilies/appl.gif/idealbb/images/smilies/appl.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
GO CARDS!!!!!!

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
I meant Lowe did a fantastic job last night..... Can you tell I didn't get alot of sleep?????
rodent.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Houston we have a problem.........

GO ST LOUIS CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results