shape
carat
color
clarity

X-prong diamond options

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nikweli

Rough_Rock
Hi, I'm looking for some help on tracking down a setting/diamond that will go well together and be similar to the Tiffany Lucida.

My girlfriend has mentioned she really likes the Lucida cut, but she thinks they might be overpriced.

Given that the Lucida is only available at Tiffany's, where might a guy look for the closest comparison? I have already looked at the Vatche X-prong as a setting, but I've no idea what diamond cut is closest to the Lucida (given its proprietary nature). Is it similar to the Princess?

I guess I'm looking for suggestions for diamond shapes in an platinum X-prong setting.

Budget is also fairly tight, so options that would look nice in the .42 - .70 range would be ideal (if realistic).

Thanks!

aFatCat

Rough_Rock
i am not an expert but..

you might want to check out the Flanders and Lucere diamond.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
aFatCat, you're right. Lucere is just the same as Lucida. But square Flanders, Princess or Radiant will do as well.

nikweli

Rough_Rock
I think I'm getting a handle on the basic color, clarity, and carat that I'm looking for. My concern it the cut.

I'm TOTALLY in need of assistance when it comes to cut. Where can I find out more about determining the cut? Specifically with regard to the Lucere, and square Flanders, Princess, and Radiant?

Is there also a good place to see the difference between these cuts? How similar are they, how different are they, differing attributes, etc...

I really apprecaite any help!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Here is some info to start with...

[/u][/u][/u][/u]

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Flanders and Lucere/Lucida have similar pavilion but Lucida has Emerald-like crown while Flanders has crown similar to round brilliant.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Lucere in firescope. Very little light leakage for fancy shape.

[/u]

Lucere.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results