shape
carat
color
clarity

wwaaaaahhhh!!! prices climbing at sam''s club...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
i ran to sam''s club this morning with my 3 year old-prices are climbing fast. cascade dish detergent "things"(they are a little packet with dry detergent and liquid) come in a plastic canister of 90. last summer i was stockpiling a bit as we were enjoying some extra $$$. they were $12.88. i haven''t had to buy them as i have months worth, so today i looked and they are at $19.88!!!! i was shocked. toilet paper(have five kids-that''s LOTS of tp around here) in bulk went up from $16 something to $18 something...i spent close to $500 today on mostly dry goods as well as some crackers, ketchup, staples. dove soap was 9.88 last summer, twas 14.88 today. yikes! we don''t qualify for the extra $65 "stimulus" headed to people soon, but gosh, with prices inflating, don''t know if it''ll make much different..
on a + note, daughter drove back to northwest indiana to purdue last night-gas was at $1.64. she did the happy dance
emsmilep.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I find it absolutely amazing that you can remember the prices of things you bought last summer...heck, I can''t remember the price of things I bought last week, let alone 6 months ago!!! Wow, I am so impressed, seriously.

Yes, prices are bound to increase as everything else increases. I guess I''d rather pay a dollar or two more here and there than watch more businesses go under...I mean, if paying $15.00 rather than $12.00 helps a business suppliment their income in some way...I''m happy to do my part.

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
believe me, with a large family, i have had to become very conscious of prices-dh is not at all. not only does he not look at prices/for sales, he tends to bring home the most expensive whatever(tv, meat, tool, wine) anyway. i always remind him how much i am SAVING him by doing the shopping
emwink.gif

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I used to be able to use coupons for lots of stuff, but lately the coupons I see are for things I don''t use. I haven''t seen a General Mills coupon in ages!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Prices like that is why I''m a big coupon user. Coupons used when an item is at a "rock bottom" sales prices are very effective and uses the "stockpiling" mentality. I have more dishwasher tabs, laundry detergent, shaving gel, toothbrushes, toothpaste, snacks my husband likes, etc than anyone else I know! I picked up 4 boxes of Cheerios last week for 67 cents each! The dishwasher tabs I have were 58 cents a box on sale w/ a good coupon, the toothbrushes were *free*, the toothpaste was either free or no more than 50 cents, etc. There are still things I have to pay full price for and it hurts as prices have increased, but at least I''m getting a good deal on the rest of everything we use.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results