carat
color
clarity

WTF is this parent even thinking?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has it come to this?

"More than 80 students were potentially exposed to Covid-19 on the first day of class in Reno, Nevada, on Monday after a parent sent their child to Marce Herz Middle School, despite both the parent and child receiving a positive Covid-19 test just two days earlier, Washoe County Health District officials said.

The parent refused to communicate with the Washoe County Health District staff or school officials, the health district said."

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This should be a crime. What the heck is happening to this country?
Can we please go back to 2001 when we all cared and looked out for one another?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This should be a crime. What the heck is happening to this country?
Can we please go back to 2001 when we all cared and looked out for one another?

But ... freedom.

I'm honestly worried America is heading into a civil war, thank you **no politics** ... and guess which side has 100 times more guns.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

westofhere

1,000+ Americans died of COVID today. All because of people like this. Hopefully the other parents will sue them into oblivion, but it would be better for them to face criminal charges.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
There should be legislation put in place to deal with this. At least a very large fine to be imposed.

Where I live the fine for breaching self isolation / quarantine restrictions after a positive test is immediately $13,500! Oddly enough we don’t have many people not adhering to Covid protocols in the country.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect eventually (when the death count reaches a certain number) the public and Congress will act to make what this parent did a crime.
I looked up: knowingly giving someone HIV ...

WIKISNIP:
"The criminal transmission of HIV in the United States varies among jurisdictions. More than thirty of the fifty states in the U.S. have prosecuted HIV-positive individuals for exposing another person to HIV. State laws criminalize different behaviors and assign different penalties. While pinpointing who infected whom is scientifically impossible, a person diagnosed with HIV who is accused of infecting another while engaging in sexual intercourse is, in many jurisdictions, automatically committing a crime. A person donating HIV-infected organs, tissues, and blood can be prosecuted for transmitting the virus. Spitting or transmitting HIV-infected bodily fluids is a criminal offense in some states, particularly if the target is a prison guard. Some states treat the transmission of HIV, depending upon a variety of factors, as a felony and others as a misdemeanor."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect eventually (when the death count reaches some certain point) the public and Congress will act to make what this parent did a crime.
Knowingly giving someone HIV .....

WIKISNIP:
"The criminal transmission of HIV in the United States varies among jurisdictions. More than thirty of the fifty states in the U.S. have prosecuted HIV-positive individuals for exposing another person to HIV. State laws criminalize different behaviors and assign different penalties. While pinpointing who infected whom is scientifically impossible, a person diagnosed with HIV who is accused of infecting another while engaging in sexual intercourse is, in many jurisdictions, automatically committing a crime. A person donating HIV-infected organs, tissues, and blood can be prosecuted for transmitting the virus. Spitting or transmitting HIV-infected bodily fluids is a criminal offense in some states, particularly if the target is a prison guard. Some states treat the transmission of HIV, depending upon a variety of factors, as a felony and others as a misdemeanor."

Yeah I see this as no different than someone who knows they have HIV having unprotected sexual intercourse with someone without telling them of their HIV status.

That mother should be prosecuted for maliciously trying to infect others with Covid 19. IMO.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, not even just the US. In canada, Alberta has removed 99.9% of all covid restrictions, including mandatory isolation if you are a close or household contact of a covid positive person. So Mom and Dad could test positive for covid, and still send their kid to school - and of course no masks in school! It's going to be a shit show.

Editing to add - OMG I just read this as well:

On August 16, Alberta will lift the legal requirement for 10-day isolation following a positive COVID-19 test, though it will be strongly recommended.

So IF YOU TEST POSITIVE YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO ISOLATE. WHAT THE ACTUAL F. You can just go back to work infecting everyone! Unfortunately I think if its not government mandated, companies will also not want to pay for you to isolate (some will of course), so people without job security will definitely be going to work after testing positive.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, not even just the US. In canada, Alberta has removed 99.9% of all covid restrictions, including mandatory isolation if you are a close or household contact of a covid positive person. So Mom and Dad could test positive for covid, and still send their kid to school - and of course no masks in school! It's going to be a shit show.

Editing to add - OMG I just read this as well:

On August 16, Alberta will lift the legal requirement for 10-day isolation following a positive COVID-19 test, though it will be strongly recommended.

So IF YOU TEST POSITIVE YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO ISOLATE. WHAT THE ACTUAL F. You can just go back to work infecting everyone! Unfortunately I think if its not government mandated, companies will also not want to pay for you to isolate (some will of course), so people without job security will definitely be going to work after testing positive.

That’s just nuts! My company has put 40 hours of COVID sick time in our sick time bank (in addition to normal sick time) in case we need to isolate or are sick with it etc and can’t work remotely. They didn’t tell us but it’s there when you look at your sick balance as a separate line item.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
**edited by moderator, no posts with racist undertones will be tolerated**.

You continually bring up Chicago’s gun violence. Chicago has strict gun laws. The criminals are getting their guns from Indiana (which is an hour away) and bring them back to Chicago. Indiana is a state with almost no guns laws. See the problem there? You can also guess what color the state of Indiana is.

Sorry for the threadJack Kenny.

W

westofhere

You continually bring up Chicago’s gun violence. Chicago has strict gun laws. The criminals are getting their guns from Indiana (which is an hour away) and bring them back to Chicago. Indiana is a state with almost no guns laws. See the problem there? You can also guess what color the state of Indiana is.

Sorry for the threadJack Kenny.

That DF’s blatant racism against African Americans is allowed on this site is baffling. Besides being morally repugnant, it’s also bound to give new people reading his posts the impression that this is a trashy site.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I popped onto Hangout today after giving myself a LONG break... same shit, different day. :roll:

@westofhere I've lost count of how many of DF's posts I've reported over the years and the amount of emails I've sent @Ella about his disgusting racism and sexism and sadly, no one cares.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I popped onto Hangout today after giving myself a LONG break... same shit, different day. :roll:

@westofhere I've lost count of how many of DF's posts I've reported over the years and the amount of emails I've sent @Ella about his disgusting racism and sexism and sadly, no one cares.
I thought you have me on ignore? .

You and westofhere can call it whatever you like. I'm just stating the true facts about recent attacks by AA against the elderly Chinese in Chinatowns across the country .

rainbowstarry

Rough_Rock
Vladimir Putin is watching all of this gleefully - Americans fighting amongst themselves, unraveling before the whole world

He doesn’t even have to lift a finger

But ... freedom.

I'm honestly worried America is heading into a civil war, thank you Donald ... and guess which side has 100 times more guns.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That DF’s blatant racism against African Americans is allowed on this site is baffling. Besides being morally repugnant, it’s also bound to give new people reading his posts the impression that this is a trashy site.
FYI, next month I'm voting for a African American to replace our white Governor here in Ca.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because he is a libertarian and opposes CA health mandates?

b/c our current Governor is doing an horrible job. :wall:. we had a good Dem. Governor before this idiot came along.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vladimir Putin is watching all of this gleefully - Americans fighting amongst themselves, unraveling before the whole world

He doesn’t even have to lift a finger

BINGO!

Yup, Putin played 63 million voters like they were fiddles.
... and they still don't even see it.
As America declines the other superpowers, Russia and China, advance.

Rainbowstarry I like that you, instead of being dazzled and distracted by the show, look BEHIND the curtain to see what's really going on.
Kudos.

Last edited:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
FYI, next month I'm voting for a African American to replace our white Governor here in Ca.

Me too. So does every member of my family. We are whites and Asians.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes I'd ....for the past 50 yrs the city of Chicago had been ran by the wrong kind of leadership. The city needs a leader who respects the police officers not to demonize them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results