shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB YG setting with WG head

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I don't suppose any of you lovely people have an old YG setting stashed away from the days you left YG behind in the 80's ... but if so, I'm looking for one!

Here's my listing on DB: http://diamondbistro.com/category/208/WTB-rings/listings/24207/WTB-YG-mounting-wWG-head.html

It would need to be sizable to 9.5. I don't really care if it's smooth, engraved, knife-edges, whatever- just looking for a taper in the shank at the head, and white metal prongs. I'd prefer 6 prongs but 4 prongs would be fine too.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Galateia|1320436535|3054092 said:
I don't suppose any of you lovely people have an old YG setting stashed away from the days you left YG behind in the 80's ... but if so, I'm looking for one!

Here's my listing on DB: http://diamondbistro.com/category/208/WTB-rings/listings/24207/WTB-YG-mounting-wWG-head.html

It would need to be sizable to 9.5. I don't really care if it's smooth, engraved, knife-edges, whatever- just looking for a taper in the shank at the head, and white metal prongs. I'd prefer 6 prongs but 4 prongs would be fine too.

Galateia-

I may, but I am not sure. I have a setting in my safety deposit box and I am sure it is yellow gold but only pretty sure it has a platinum head. It may even be a two ring set. My memory is terrible. The problem would be whether it could be sized to as big as size 9.5. I am a size 6. Please keep looking actively. If you do not find what you want by the time I can get to my safety deposit box (which may not be until after Monday, November 7), I will go get the ring(s) and photograph it/them for you. I wasn't trying to dispose of them, but if you are looking for one, mine is doing no one any good!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1320553422|3055050 said:
Galateia-

I may, but I am not sure. I have a setting in my safety deposit box and I am sure it is yellow gold but only pretty sure it has a platinum head. It may even be a two ring set. My memory is terrible. The problem would be whether it could be sized to as big as size 9.5. I am a size 6. Please keep looking actively. If you do not find what you want by the time I can get to my safety deposit box (which may not be until after Monday, November 7), I will go get the ring(s) and photograph it/them for you. I wasn't trying to dispose of them, but if you are looking for one, mine is doing no one any good!

Deb/AGBF

Thank you, Deb!

As it turns out, today when I went to price out the cost of such a setting at a local jeweler's, thinking they'd be far more than I could get online, aaaand what did I find? :shock:

A 14k YG cathedral shank for $155, size 7. Add cost of +2.5 sizes, add cost of a 6 prong WG head, and cost of setting the gemstone that will be in my ring, plus tax = $400, which is MUCH less than I had been seeing everywhere online for large size + setting. It's also the same cost as the Ring That Wasn't from my ebay adventure! :appl:

I had really wanted to work with Wink as he's such a sweetheart, but the jeweler today told me they'd could have it ready by Tuesday so I can wear it on my birthday on Wednesday. So I said: HECK YES!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Galateia|1320553858|3055054 said:
AGBF|1320553422|3055050 said:
Galateia-

Thank you, Deb!

As it turns out, today when I went to price out the cost of such a setting at a local jeweler's, thinking they'd be far more than I could get online, aaaand what did I find? :shock:

A 14k YG cathedral shank for $155, size 7. Add cost of +2.5 sizes, add cost of a 6 prong WG head, and cost of setting the gemstone that will be in my ring, plus tax = $400, which is MUCH less than I had been seeing everywhere online for large size + setting. It's also the same cost as the Ring That Wasn't from my ebay adventure! :appl:

I had really wanted to work with Wink as he's such a sweetheart, but the jeweler today told me they'd could have it ready by Tuesday so I can wear it on my birthday on Wednesday. So I said: HECK YES!

That's absolutely lovely, Galateia! Sometimes things just work out better without being planned! Congratulations. Where can we go to see a photo of this ring when it is finished, for now I am curious and feel involved!!!

Hugs,
Deb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results