shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB: Transitional stone, .5-1ct

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I am wanting a bezel-set solitaire necklace and am on the hunt for the right stone. As much fun as poking around on ebay is, I thought I'd ask my fellow PSers if they have any lonely stones languishing in gem boxes.

Wanting a really crisp patterned late OEC/trannie, color down to L, eye clean from 6-8 inches. Open culet, but not too large. Looking for less wonk and more symmetry from this stone. I'd like to get around the 5.5mm mark.

Please let me know if you have something that may fit the bill. :))

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the suggestion, but their's are a bit older than what I'm looking for. I want a much smaller culet, in line with the .78 trannie that FK sold not long ago. Still kicking myself for missing out on that one! :nono:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you still looking? I just found a 5.55mm sitting the jewellery box. At one point I was trying to make 5.5 earrings and had bought it for that. I ended up with larger earrings :devil:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I am still looking, must admit the hunt is a bit of fun! I'd be interested to see photos of your stone, if you have any. :))

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to check back! I'll try to get you photos tomorrow. I saw where you said that you were a size ho in the other thread (the Victorian .58 OEC thread - that one is beautiful!) so I think this will be too small too, but try I will do. I don't have a great history with diamond photos but it'll be interesting to see if I can improve.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I meant that in reference to a ring - I wouldn't tear apart a ring that beautiful to use the stone for a pendant project, but as a ring it is too small for me. :))

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Just ginger, have you posted a WTB ad anywhere? Instead of just posting links on here?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
No, I haven't. I probably should do, but my search has been casual so far. I tend to find what I want very quickly, like with my last ring, and thus miss out on the thrill of the hunt. :wink2: This time I'm pacing myself a bit so I can enjoy the process.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ginger, I took the ring to a gemologist and he thinks that it's lower in colour, probably an M/N rather than the J is was sold to me as. Right now it's set in yellow gold, including the prongs, so I can't tell how much that's messing with the colour. I'm partly stalling posting photos because I saw a pretty sapphire ring and we're considering a trade if we can agree to the terms.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I have one on my watch list that I have been stalking which may fit your specs... Didn't want to post it here in case it was snapped up.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
JG,

I am the one who bought the FK diamond. I bought it because I got a bonus at work...not knowing that they take 45% in taxes of bonus checks. I've decided living room furniture is the priority over bling (originally I was doing both).

If you'd like to buy it, it is yours. I'd love if it could go to a great home. Just let me know. Not sure if I can give you my email address here...

D

Deactivated member 42515

karee888 said:
JG,

I am the one who bought the FK diamond. I bought it because I got a bonus at work...not knowing that they take 45% in taxes of bonus checks. I've decided living room furniture is the priority over bling (originally I was doing both).

If you'd like to buy it, it is yours. I'd love if it could go to a great home. Just let me know. Not sure if I can give you my email address here...
Oooh!! Where are you Ginger!!!! Ginger!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
karee888|1357355697|3347762 said:
JG,

Yes, yes, yes!! Me, me, me!! I'm at work right now, will write again how to get in touch! :bigsmile:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Rhea, no worries - it looks like I may get my originally desired trannie! I hope the swap works out well for you - if not, please still post photos and info about the stone, as the next project on the list may be a set of old cut earrings. :))

Mico, can you contact me via my LT listing? I'm still keen to see the stone you're stalking. I've been on ebay heaps lately and have a few on my watch list as well, I'm interested to see if it's the same as any of mine! http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones/black-lightning-ridge-opal

Karee, you can send me a message through my LT listing here: http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones/black-lightning-ridge-opal. That way it will go directly to my email and I can respond directly to your email. :bigsmile:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for thinking of me, Mara. :)) I am pretty sure that I've got this one sorted out now. Your stone is beautiful though, a lovely crisp tranny pattern. If it were a bit closer in size to the one I'm getting I'd be sorely tempted to turn them into earrings and resume the search for a pendant stone! :tongue:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results