shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB pear shaped stone

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
In my pear search I have been diligently watching LT & DB to see if any come up. Sadly, no. But I thought perhaps I could try posting a request here 8)
I'm looking for a pear in the vicinity of 10x8 or 11x7 Since I now realize how uncommon this size is - I'm pretty open to type of stones. Spinel, zircon, emerald, sapphire, garnet, tanzanite. Neon/glowy or sparkly are mostly what I'm interested in though I'm pretty open.
So I guess what I'm asking is - please if you've got a pear shaped stone in the size vicinity I'm looking for and you're thinking of selling - please let me know :bigsmile:
Thanks all!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have two morganite pears, but they are a matched set. They measure about 10x6.7x4.3. Are you interested in two morganites? :))

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Would a 9.80 x 6.90 sphene work or would that be too delicate of a stone?

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
colorluvr|1357336797|3347510 said:
Would a 9.80 x 6.90 sphene work or would that be too delicate of a stone?
Oops! Just re-read and you need 10 x 8 not 10 x 7 - sorry :(sad

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Gemfever - hmmmm I don't really know much about morganite. Could I maybe see a picture?

Colorluvr - I probably would have tried that size but this will be a ring I'll wear frequently (not every day) so sphene is outside of my risk limits but thank you!!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi jbkhere,

I looked at your threads about this pear setting, and I'm not sure my morganite would fit :( I'll attach some pics just in case. Morganites are beryls, related to emerald and aqua. I always think of it as a light pink aqua. These two are very pretty and sparkly, but I have a suspicion that you need to keep the stone very clean for it to sparkle.

img_4271.jpg

img_4272.jpg

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Wow GemFever - they are pretty. But I think you are right and aren't quite what I'm after. Thank you though and thank you for the pics - You've given me another stone to think about :devil:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remembered you when I received the latest catalogue from Lisa Elser. There's a pair of 10 x 8 mm concave cut pear amethysts going for $133 total but I don't know if she'll split them. I can't cut and paste the PDF of the stones either so you'll have to contact her via email. She also has a 10 x 8 mm concave cut pear citrine for $66 but I don't think it'll look nice in PT.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you, Chrono! I always tell myself I'll keep my eyes open for JBK and then I forget, or, when I think about it, I see absolutely nothing appropriate :blackeye:

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1357566375|3349389 said:
I remembered you when I received the latest catalogue from Lisa Elser. There's a pair of 10 x 8 mm concave cut pear amethysts going for $133 total but I don't know if she'll split them. I can't cut and paste the PDF of the stones either so you'll have to contact her via email. She also has a 10 x 8 mm concave cut pear citrine for $66 but I don't think it'll look nice in PT.

Thanks Chrono! You know I didn't even look at them when I went thru the catalog just because they were a pair! How do you think the concave will look in a halo? wow & sparkly? Or WHOA too much :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First off, my question to you is whether you've ever seen a concave cut stone in person? It is a very bright and interesting cut but I've noticed that there's no middle ground in terms of liking / disliking this cut. Either you love it or you don't. I think there's a video or two of concave cut stones somewhere on PS. Lots of small slivery flash but sort of static. The nice thing about concave cutting is that I've never seen extinction in any stones.

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1357588915|3349682 said:
First off, my question to you is whether you've ever seen a concave cut stone in person? It is a very bright and interesting cut but I've noticed that there's no middle ground in terms of liking / disliking this cut. Either you love it or you don't. I think there's a video or two of concave cut stones somewhere on PS. Lots of small slivery flash but sort of static. The nice thing about concave cutting is that I've never seen extinction in any stones.

Like 'em! :D I actually just recently bought a concave cushion ammy from Gene that I love :love: But its much different tone than Lisa's

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
How do you feel about treatments? I have a red "Tibetian Andesine" that is most likely one of those that have been diffused. :nono:

It's not a bad looking stone, but I'm not sure if it's sturdy enough for a ring, someone else will have to chime in on that.

If you like bright red, the price is definitely right - lol, but it is 11 x 8 not 11 x 7.

red.jpg

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
colorluvr|1357601374|3349884 said:
How do you feel about treatments? I have a red "Tibetian Andesine" that is most likely one of those that have been diffused. :nono:

It's not a bad looking stone, but I'm not sure if it's sturdy enough for a ring, someone else will have to chime in on that.

If you like bright red, the price is definitely right - lol, but it is 11 x 8 not 11 x 7.

I do like the color! But this will be for a ring and I think 11x8 won't make it :(( Thank you colorluvr!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you already checked them out, but I noticed yesterday evening when I did my ebay "sweep" that it seems like Prima has a number of pears close to your size requirements. Most are pricey, as they are stones like tsavorite and spinel. But if you haven't already, you might want to contact them for the amethyst that you were looking for a while ago...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and I'll keep looking; its fun looking with someone else's money, lol!

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1357682033|3350589 said:
...and I'll keep looking; its fun looking with someone else's money, lol!

:lol: Minou - that's my FAVORITE way to shop! In a former life I was a buyer. I was very good at it :D

Thanks for the heads up on Prima - I did look thru them awhile back but I'll take a look again. Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results