shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB WTB half carat RB diamond (and/or platinum solitaire setting)

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! After growing a bit sentimental with age, I have regretted selling my original e-ring. Sadly the original diamond is long gone, but I am looking to replicate it. It was a 0.54ct J colour RB in a six-prong platinum solitaire setting.

I am looking for a half carat ish RB, J colour or above, eye clean SI1 or above, nicely cut.

It would be amazing if this was already in a solitaire ring but I can have one made locally if not.

Please let me know if you have anything that fits the bill, and how much you would be looking for.

One thing - I live in the UK so you would have to be willing to post over here.

ETA: I would also be interested in buying a setting alone, in which case I'd be looking for a platinum 6-prong Tiffany-style solitaire setting in a smaller size (I'm a 4).

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Millie, I hate it when people regret getting rid of things. I’ve been there & still regret selling a unique ring I had from my time in NZ. I scour eBay, but to no avail.

I hope you can find what you’re looking for. If I could help I would, but I don’t have anything. Do you still wear your BEAUTIFUL new ring? It’s good to see you posting again - we should meet for coffee!

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Ally T ! I am not usually one for regret at getting rid of things - but in this case - I am finding that any other ring just doesn't feel "right". So I am sticking with my original wedding ring but I miss a bit of sparkle. I actually sold the EC ring a while ago - it was beautiful but too big for my lifestyle and just wasn't "me".

Funnily enough I was thinking of you and your T&Co ring, as my original was a (cheaper) "Tiffany style" 6-prong - so a T&Co solitaire would fit the bill nicely. I have found a second-hand half-carat T&Co solitaire that would be perfect, but I would need it sized down from a J to a H. I'm not sure if T&Co will size rings for people who aren't the original owner...? Will give them a ring when they open. So who knows, I might end up with your ring's (much) smaller sibling!

Are you still loving yours? :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Ally T ! I am not usually one for regret at getting rid of things - but in this case - I am finding that any other ring just doesn't feel "right". So I am sticking with my original wedding ring but I miss a bit of sparkle. I actually sold the EC ring a while ago - it was beautiful but too big for my lifestyle and just wasn't "me".

Funnily enough I was thinking of you and your T&Co ring, as my original was a (cheaper) "Tiffany style" 6-prong - so a T&Co solitaire would fit the bill nicely. I have found a second-hand half-carat T&Co solitaire that would be perfect, but I would need it sized down from a J to a H. I'm not sure if T&Co will size rings for people who aren't the original owner...? Will give them a ring when they open. So who knows, I might end up with your ring's (much) smaller sibling!

Are you still loving yours? :love:

You need to follow your heart & get what you love. I’m sorry to hear you sold your EC cut as she was a stunner, but if she wasn’t for you then you did the right thing.

Yes, I still absolutely ADORE my Tiffany. I am wondering if I should have gone bigger though :lol-2: In my eyes there is no substitute for ‘that’ setting. It’s just completely fluid & lovely & dainty & yet weighty. Plus the sparkle is insane & she gets spotted from across the room. She is literally exquisite in form & simplicity.

I’m not sure about the re-sizing at Tiffany, but if you are not the original owner & not bothered, I would just take it to a reputable jeweller for re-sizing. It’s only 2 sizes - I am sure it would be fine.

Please make sure you come back & post if you buy it!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
@ MillieLou I hope you find exactly what you are looking for. It seems I have been around the world with different styles, but now, I've finally settled on a simple solitaire like I started with, only a little bigger. So far, I'm loving my preloved platinum Tiffany setting and Tiffany wedding band. A .50 ct will look perfect on your small finger! I'm excited for you!

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much both! Your rings are both so gorgeous. @Ally T your description of your ring was so beautiful - she is a stunner for sure.

So, I spoke to my nearest branch and it turns out that they will resize a second-hand Tiffany ring, no problem. It costs £130 and takes up to 4-5 weeks. This would apparently be the same even if I was the original owner and it wasn't the first sizing after purchase, which is complimentary. They will also polish it up and it will be useful to have the service acceptance and receipt as an indication that it is genuine, though I know that they do not "authenticate" second hand items. So I think that is a reasonable cost.

Thinking about it...!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much both! Your rings are both so gorgeous. @Ally T your description of your ring was so beautiful - she is a stunner for sure.

So, I spoke to my nearest branch and it turns out that they will resize a second-hand Tiffany ring, no problem. It costs £130 and takes up to 4-5 weeks. This would apparently be the same even if I was the original owner and it wasn't the first sizing after purchase, which is complimentary. They will also polish it up and it will be useful to have the service acceptance and receipt as an indication that it is genuine, though I know that they do not "authenticate" second hand items. So I think that is a reasonable cost.

Thinking about it...!

Do it! You will not regret it!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
My local T&Co never asked me if I purchased my items directly from the boutique when I brought them in for service. If I bought any preloved piece, I usually brought it in and have it cleaned and checked. In a way it helped me verify the authenticity as well.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
No longer needed :Up_to_something:

DH bought me the half carat T&Co!! It's an F VS1 rather than the J SI2 of the original, but I can live with that...

Will be back with pics but won't be until March, waiting for a meaningful date by (mostly) mutual agreement :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results