carat
color
clarity

WTB WTB: Blue Zircon OEC earrings

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning.

So a few years ago I saw the perfect pair of OEC blue zircon studs but was too slow and missed out. They were approximately 10mm in diameter.

I am interested in finding a pair but I know it's looking for a needle in a haystack. OEC. Blue Zircon. You don't see that everyday.

I would prefer studs but I am interested any blue zircon OEC earrings even dangles. As long as they are lightweight.

I don't want to go the custom route so decided to post here and see if anyone has a pair they do not wear anymore.

Thanks

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello @missy
Linking these as an option but they are probably too small in diameter 7.1mm or so.
Lovely though!

IMG_6745.jpeg

TY! Very pretty! The size is OK as I don't have to get large studs but I am not in love with the cut (I know ridiculous on small studs to worry about that). It's hard to find a nicely cut OEC zircon that is for sure. I love Addy's vintage and actually do have a pair of blue zircons from her LOL. Very delicate dangles. I love them. Let me see if I have a photo. I don't think I ever took a photo wearing them

This is the only photo I have..not my photo but addy's photo...I love blue zircon gems

Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 6.43.20 AM.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was lucky to be at the right place and at the right time with sufficient funds to purchase the 8mm precision cut OEC blue Zircon that @CHRISTY-DANIELLE listed for sale.

I have not come across OEC blue Zircon since!

Therefore, I would be inclined to advise to go down the custom cutting route myself with the likes of Jeff Davies.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was lucky to be at the right place and at the right time with sufficient funds to purchase the 8mm precision cut OEC blue Zircon that @CHRISTY-DANIELLE listed for sale.

I have not come across OEC blue Zircon since!

Therefore, I would be inclined to advise to go down the custom cutting route myself with the likes of Jeff Davies.

Ty dk. Right now I’m not interested in going custom. Just keeping an eye out for antique blue zircon earring. Appreciate your suggestion though thank you

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was shopping for an antique ring box on Etsy and saw these, probably way bigger than you want, but they sure are pretty!

Thank you. They’re 12th and per earring omg lol. They are pretty. But my weakling ears couldn’t take half that weight :lol:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I am not suggesting these but just thought it was so weird that the one on the right is decently cut and is, I believe, OEC cut, but the one on the left is a disaster! I love blue zircon so will keep an eye out.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not suggesting these but just thought it was so weird that the one on the right is decently cut and is, I believe, OEC cut, but the one on the left is a disaster! I love blue zircon so will keep an eye out.

Glad to know I am not the only one who thought the two blue Zircons have different cuts!

Also, I would be sceptical about the colour of the blue Zircons being "natural" myself.

All IMHO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes that right one is so pretty. Thank you for keeping an eye out for me!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I thought Era Gems might have something....and they do, but I think too large for your wants....

cheers--Sharon

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
TY! Very pretty! The size is OK as I don't have to get large studs but I am not in love with the cut (I know ridiculous on small studs to worry about that). It's hard to find a nicely cut OEC zircon that is for sure. I love Addy's vintage and actually do have a pair of blue zircons from her LOL. Very delicate dangles. I love them. Let me see if I have a photo. I don't think I ever took a photo wearing them

This is the only photo I have..not my photo but addy's photo...I love blue zircon gems

Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 6.43.20 AM.png

I just bought a pair of delicious antique blue zircon studs from Addy. Original platinum prongs with new yg backs. It might be worth asking her what she has on hand but not listed. She always seems to have blue zircon pieces and at one point was making studs and such from an old brooch. Maybe she's got some?
Also the cut on antique zircons looks a lot like OEC, but is actually called the "zircon cut". It has a few more facets- to take advantage of a sparkly gem !
20231215_155842.jpg 20231223_144812.jpg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought a pair of delicious antique blue zircon studs from Addy. Original platinum prongs with new yg backs. It might be worth asking her what she has on hand but not listed. She always seems to have blue zircon pieces and at one point was making studs and such from an old brooch. Maybe she's got some?
Also the cut on antique zircons looks a lot like OEC, but is actually called the "zircon cut". It has a few more facets- to take advantage of a sparkly gem !
20231215_155842.jpg 20231223_144812.jpg

They’re gorgeous on you Christy ❤️
Wear in good health and bling joy!
And thank you

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darn my weak lobes. These are tdf. Please let a PSer buy them. Bluelicicious ♥️

From lang antiques
Swoon!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20240228_045034_Instagram.jpg

IG seller I've bought from before. Zircons are 8.5mm. Not sure if you're a pearl kinda gal?

Tysm Christy. I spoke with her and unfortunately they’re just a drop too heavy for my lobes :(
Thank you for thinking of me!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Tysm Christy. I spoke with her and unfortunately they’re just a drop too heavy for my lobes :(
Thank you for thinking of me!

Those are beautiful! Did she give you a price range out of curiosity?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the most gorgeous blue zircon earrings on Era Gem but too heavy :(
This is, unfortunately, becoming a theme in my search.
I would LOVE OEC zircon studs and that would solve the weight issue. But I cannot find any whose pattern and color I love.
So will keep searching. Thank you everyone who has chimed in with suggestions. Much appreciated!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results