shape
carat
color
clarity

wrong time of year?

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
I'm not engaged yet (hopefully very soon) but I love to plan things so I'm starting to think ahead.

Are blue and yellow bad colors for a fall wedding? I love blue hydrangeas but the best time to get married for our schedules is in the fall. Will picking blue and yellow look odd for that time of year? Will people wonder what the heck I'm thinking or is pretty much everything accepted these days? Just looking for advice from all you wonderful ladies. I'll be back to give and receive more advice and ideas soon when I am a BIW.

Thanks!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Where are you located? Does fall really look like 'fall' where you are? If a significant portion of your wedding will be outdoors against a backdrop of red and orange leaves, that might clash for pictures I suppose. My wedding's coming up this fall but I'm in Southern California where pretty much March - November looks exactly the same, and my colors aren't autumnal at all. As a general rule though, I'd say make your wedding choices based on what you want your day to look and feel like - the more everything is a reflection of who you and your FI are as a couple, the warmer and more genuine your wedding will feel. The sooner you let go of worrying about what's 'right' or 'appropriate,' the happier your planning will be overall IMO. But take that with a grain of salt - I'm about 8 weeks out and I just want to scrap the whole thing and run off to city hall and just be married already. Good luck!

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
I'm in Pennsylvania so depending on how early or late in the fall we do things, it can be very "fall-like". I know what you're saying about the pictures and clashing colors which is kind of why I'm a bit concerned.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
With a little creativity you can still make it work - you may have to use variations of the colors you'd like, along with the blue of blue hydrangeas - but most likely you can still do it. For example, you can find a shade of blue that works with, say, a burnt orange. Personally I love the more unexpected color combinations. Even my own colors, if I were to describe them to you, sound insanely wrong together. But if I showed you a picture, it works. There's an amazing blog that always has the most amazing, and slightly unexpected, color palettes but I cannot for the life of me remember what it is! I'll keep looking and post if I can find it.

ETA - Found it: http://www.inspiredbride.net/category/color-palettes/. HTH!

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh this is an amazing website, I'm going to have to click on everything to see what possibilities are out there. You may have turned my world upside down if I find another color combo I like as I've been thinking about the blue/yellow for a while and have a lot of things planned out in my head. We'll see what happens. Thanks for your help.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think blue/yellow or some variation of that could work for fall, but i think you are going to have to be careful how you do it. i love the above suggestion of the orange! i really like the blue/orange combo.

ETA: can you give us an idea of WHAT shades of blue and yellow you are thinking about? i think that would clarify whether it would be appropriate for the time of year....post a pic if you can!

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking of a combination of bright and light blues and yellows. As I said I love blue hydrangeas and really any other flowers that fall into the blue and yellow color scheme would be fine.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deleted..

i was trying to attach a pretty picture i found for you, but i can't make it work right now. I would definitely stay away from really light pastels that late in the year - more rich color would "fall" it up a little, but i still think that combo can work. Let me try to find the link to that pretty picture.

see if this link works: http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-We...ails=Bridesmaid+Looks&colors=blue&pageIndex=2

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
IMHO colors cannot be "wrong" for a time of year. Pick colors that you like and that make you happy.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, for good inspiration pics, you can search theknot.com and projectwedding.com -- you can even search colors of flowers/dresses etc and there are tons of blue and yellow combos in the couple of minutes i just spent looking :))

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
I wish I could find these pictures I tore out of one of hte bridal magazines I have but I can't remember which magazine it is but that would give you a better idea of what I've fallen in love with and whether it would look good for my time of year or not. I'm gonna keep searching. I believe it was in a recent Brides and was a several page article that had this beautiful table spread with swags of blue hydrangeas and yellow roses and shaped boxwood topiaries.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think that sounds awesome!

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
We'll see, I'll keep you posted as things progress....first things first....get engaged

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results