shape
carat
color
clarity

Wow! You know how I made engagement chicken about a month ago?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
We''re getting married in a year!

That was quick, wasn''t it?
9.gif
Glamour magazine promised that it would work within 3 months and, wow, it did! I made the chicken for him on Feb. 14th, lol.

BF and I are both so busy right now (school, and lots of school) but we''ll make time to look at rings, plan the wedding, etc., etc.

Original post here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/so-i-made-engagement-chicken-wanna-hear-the-result.107506/

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 2:03:34 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
That is really great!! Congrats!!
36.gif

Thank you.
2.gif
BF proposed last night without a ring, but I''m not too worried about that because I know that I''ll get one anyway. Lol.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! Congrats :)

So exciting, and it''s really cute that the recipe worked!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! What kind of ring are you going to get?

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Misskitty: Thank you. :)

Freke: I''m not so sure yet, but I really like the halo setting. Maybe a square-ish halo with a round brilliant stone in the center. I''d also like for the gold to be unplated white gold (I love the natural off-white shade). Not the most original idea, but there are only so many styles.
2.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 2:11:20 PM
Author: LilyOfTheValley

Date: 3/7/2009 2:03:34 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
That is really great!! Congrats!!
36.gif

Thank you.
2.gif
BF proposed last night without a ring, but I''m not too worried about that because I know that I''ll get one anyway. Lol.
You got the engagement! That is what''s most important!!

Although...in true PS spirit... I can''t wait to see what ring you decide on. :)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
That''s wonderful! Congrats!!
36.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Cooking for men goes a long way. I have been proposed to 3 different times in my life (I''m 32) and I am convinced it''s because I''m a great cook
emwink.gif
So many women refuse to learn to cook these days, and I''m never surprised when they gripe about waiting for a proposal. Even though men these days respect women as equal partners, they still want to feel cared for, and want to know that they''re not going to be eating take-out every night for the rest of their lives.

Congrats again on your engagement! :)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That is wonderful news! How exciting that you have the ring of your dreams to look forward to! I wish you and your fiance all the best.

By the way, I''ll just add that shortly before I got engaged, I made engagement chicken for FI and his best buddy and FI''s friend was *majorly* impressed and telling FI all about how great a cook I was afterwards, which of course FI loved to hear. I know now that at that point the diamond had already been purchased and the ring was being made, but still -- just makes you wonder about the powers of that chicken dish!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo!

That''s awesome! Congratulations!!

Engagement chicken works it''s magic again.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
woohoo I have to remember to cook that.
i keep getting side tracked

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
(Whoops, totally replied to your original thread!)

Yay!!! I''m so happy for you!!!!

I made my own version of engagement chicken (an Emeril Legasse recipe) almost a year ago and that clearly didn''t work. I''d better make the official Glamour recipe!!!!

Anyway, that''s awesome. Can''t wait to see ring pics when you get one picked out. Don''t forget about us when you''re over in BWW!

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
Maybe I need to give this recipe a try! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 4:05:42 PM
Author: vespergirl
Congrats! Cooking for men goes a long way. I have been proposed to 3 different times in my life (I'm 32) and I am convinced it's because I'm a great cook
emwink.gif
So many women refuse to learn to cook these days, and I'm never surprised when they gripe about waiting for a proposal. Even though men these days respect women as equal partners, they still want to feel cared for, and want to know that they're not going to be eating take-out every night for the rest of their lives.

Congrats again on your engagement! :)

You know the old saying, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach."
9.gif

I totally believe it. I'm not necessarily a good cook but I love reading recipes and experimenting in the kitchen. Cooking doesn't have to be hard. I've even got 2 friends/coworkers cooking simple recipes for themselves now instead of eating out all the time and they both commented how good it is for their health and wallets!

Congrats LilyOfTheValley! I have to try out this chicken.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
too funny... congratulations, Lily!!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! Congratulations!!! Can''t wait to see what you guys pick out!

Okay, so I''ve gotta make this dish now!
2.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement!

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Awww, thanks everyone. You''re all so sweet!
30.gif

Seriously, all ladies in waiting should try this recipe, but follow it to a T! Don''t add anything else to the chicken, even if you KNOW that it would make it taste better. Just don''t. Lol.
41.gif

Vespergirl: I totally know what you mean. I am a competent cook (as in, I can avoid accidents most of the time), but I am in no way a good cook. But, you know, I think that as long as the effort is there, the guys would feel like they''re being cared for.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Better get to making that chicken!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Your description of your future ring sounds yummy. I love RBs in square halos!

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
I''m SO GONNA MAKE THIS CHICKEN!! =D

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 5:57:49 PM
Author: LilyOfTheValley
Awww, thanks everyone. You''re all so sweet!
30.gif

Seriously, all ladies in waiting should try this recipe, but follow it to a T! Don''t add anything else to the chicken, even if you KNOW that it would make it taste better. Just don''t. Lol.
41.gif

Vespergirl: I totally know what you mean. I am a competent cook (as in, I can avoid accidents most of the time), but I am in no way a good cook. But, you know, I think that as long as the effort is there, the guys would feel like they''re being cared for.
I totally agree. I don''t think that women need to be able to cook like Giada, but it''s about putting in the effort to make something homey and nice. I have several good friends who don''t cook at all, and whenever they come over with their husbands for dinner, the husbands go nuts complimenting my home cooking, and they get all jealous. I tell them that it doesn''t need to be fancy, it''s more about the effort of making something "with love"
emwink.gif

Congrats again on your engagement!

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
I got Giada's cookbook for Christmas and have made two recipes out of it (a risotto and a cake) and both went over very very well with my man's discriminating palate. So if you can attempt to cook like Giada, you'll be in good shape.
3.gif

Seriously though, it's possible to work wonders with a microwave, saute pan, and basic seasonings. And cheese will make any basic dish taste rich and delicious so if in doubt, just add some. Guys have a higher metabolism anyways so don't worry about the calories, just worry about feeding him.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing about your ring progress.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 6:28:34 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Woo hoo!

That''s awesome! Congratulations!!

Engagement chicken works it''s magic again.

So True!!

Congrats!!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! You better come back and show off when you get that ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results