shape
carat
color
clarity

wow that was fast

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did I manage to miss it? That would make sense. I didn't think it was that late when we headed towards bed and now it is after midnight.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you guys just go to daylight saving time ?
Yah summer is coming for you :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
we still have a couple of weeks to go i think
its getting darker in the morning and its dark again just after 8
havn't had rain for weeks and weeks

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
How does DST work and why do you do it? :doh:
I've tried to read up about it but I've just never understood... ELI5?

(We don't have that here in SE Asia)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've tried to read up about it but I've just never understood... ELI5?

(We don't have that here in SE Asia)

Maybe you live too close to the equator and it wouldn't make much difference for you ?
Basically the clocks go forward usually an hour in spring summer so you get an extra hour of daylight at night after work
Its great once your body gets used to it but the first few days/weeks are hard :lol-2:
Where im from down south of the south island of NZ we get long twilights and it won't get dark till about 10pm
Sometimes farners dont like it because cows get used to being milked at the same time each day ??

Right here where i live now in the North island its starting to get dark in the morning when im walking to work
we have another few weeks to go
that first sunday when the clocks go back ia an awsome sleep in but its dark at night and feels like winter is on my tale

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did I manage to miss it? That would make sense. I didn't think it was that late when we headed towards bed and now it is after midnight.

Don't you guys do it at like 1am in the morning like we do ?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish we could just pick one and stick with it. This falling back and springing ahead is too much for me. I mean we just turned the clocks back a few months ago and here we are springing ahead. Cmon let's pick one and stop the madness.

:doh:

Good question. Every fall we turn the clocks back and every spring we turn them forward by one hour. BUT we just turned them back in October/November I think and here we are changing them again. It made sense in the old days since we needed the extra light for harvesting crops and as a way to create more usable hours during the day and conserve energy but now it makes no sense IMO at all. Just a nuisance for most people I think.

If I get to pick just one time and keep with it I choose DST. :)
Either way let's stop this madness please and choose one.

Exhausted.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love day light saving ! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I think we had this debate last year :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love day light saving ! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I think we had this debate last year :lol-2:

Haha, well, two years ago.
And I feel the same as I did then.
We might have had this convo last year too but this is what I found.

Keep Daylight Savings Time!
Bye bye standard time :wavey:

Wishful thinking :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha, well, two years ago.
And I feel the same as I did then.
We might have had this convo last year too but this is what I found.

Keep Daylight Savings Time!
Bye bye standard time :wavey:

Wishful thinking :lol:

Actually i would be ok with +1 all year around but down south it would get a bit dark for kids walking to school (i think kids still walk to school - i do see them walking here)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually i would be ok with +1 all year around but down south it would get a bit dark for kids walking to school (i think kids still walk to school - i do see them walking here)

While I prefer Daylight Savings time I would be fine with standard time if we could just pick one and keep it there. All this back and forth is making me dizzy not to mention messing up my medication schedule. Seriously a pain in the you know what adjusting little by little so my body doesn't rebel. For example I take a med at 8AM but today 8AM is really 7AM so I have to wait til 9AM but cannot wait til then because I take it every 12 hours and 9PM is too late. So what am I doing? Waiting till 8:45 AM (7:45AM) and tonight I will take it at 8:45 PM (7:45 PM) and tomorrow at 8:30 AM and so on and so forth I will keep adjusting ever sos slightly til I reach 8PM. So my body doesn't rebel. Ugh. LOL. Just one example of the many adjustments these time changes cause me and many many others. And I wouldn't let my kids walk to School very early or late anyway. Too risky even if it is light out IMO. In today's world. But JMO.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @missy
I just hate the back and forth. The older I get the more it sucks.
I'm old and I don't like change!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate it in the winter when it's dark at 4:00 p.m. and it's pitch dark when leaving work. So I guess if I had to pick one for year round, I'd pick DST. I grew up in FL and the days are more equal down there than they are in New England where I live now. When I was a kid, FL didn't go on DST. I think it was the gas crisis in the 70's when it switched to using it. Aren't there two states that still don't go on it? Is it Arizona and Hawaii?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kids waiting for school buses in the dark or walking to school in the dark isn't safe.
IMO we should settle on Standard Time year-round.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kids waiting for school buses in the dark or walking to school in the dark isn't safe.

I agree about kids not walking to school or waiting for the bus in the dark. But what I don't understand is why school starts so early anyway? Growing up, for me, school always started at 8:30 a.m. Now, the older the kids get, the earlier they go. I think my daughter started school at 7:15 a.m. in high school. I don't understand the need for that but I think it's so that they can play sports after school in the daylight. But honestly, teenagers should be going later and I think there are even studies that say that.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

When I was in high school we did daylight savings time all year around and I had to walk to the bus. As far as I can remember there were no children killed because they went to school in the dark, try 1974 to 1976.
my vote is for daylight savings time all year round.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the clock changes! I get even more days where the sun comes up late enough for me to enjoy watching the first bits of sun hitting the mountain. Before we moved, I had an early morning yoga class a couple of times a week and would stop in a park on my way to watch the sun rise over the mountains in the distance.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree about kids not walking to school or waiting for the bus in the dark. But what I don't understand is why school starts so early anyway? Growing up, for me, school always started at 8:30 a.m. Now, the older the kids get, the earlier they go. I think my daughter started school at 7:15 a.m. in high school. I don't understand the need for that but I think it's so that they can play sports after school in the daylight. But honestly, teenagers should be going later and I think there are even studies that say that.

Poor kids
my high school started at 8.30 till 3pm
my primary school and internediate were 9am till 3pm so any sports or clubs after school were all well and trully over by 5
My high school included the Otago peninsula so we had kids, some on farms who had to bus, so they couldn't do a lot of the after school stuff, but otherwise most of us walked or bikes

maybe do they start so early because of working parents leaving for work early ? - mind you that makes no sence because high schoolers are old enough to be home alone

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The changes kind of keep life 'interesting ' :lol:
Most years i mess something up
In my previous employment i would often be out on the lawn watching the sun come up the sunday the clocks went back as my workmates got a sleep in :boohoo:
last year in my brand new employment they forgot to change the clock back on the Monday...so i closed up an hour early :lol-2: :lol:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maybe do they start so early because of working parents leaving for work early ? - mind you that makes no sence because high schoolers are old enough to be home alone

No, the little ones go later, the older they get, the earlier they go. I do believe it's for sports. In the winter it get dark here around 4, so I think for the high school kids who play winter outdoor sports, like football, they have to get out of class by 2:00 to have time for sports practice.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I wish we could just pick one and stick with it. This falling back and springing ahead is too much for me. I mean we just turned the clocks back a few months ago and here we are springing ahead. Cmon let's pick one and stop the madness.

:doh:

+1. Just leave things on one time, preferably for my body clock, daylight time. :???: And if it was to be standard time, full-time, I'd be okay with it. Just pick one and leave it at that! Ugh.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hate DST. I.WANT.MY.HOUR.BACK!!!!! And no, the extra hour in Fall just screws with me too, so I doesn't count.

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
I hate it in the winter when it's dark at 4:00 p.m. and it's pitch dark when leaving work. So I guess if I had to pick one for year round, I'd pick DST. I grew up in FL and the days are more equal down there than they are in New England where I live now. When I was a kid, FL didn't go on DST. I think it was the gas crisis in the 70's when it switched to using it. Aren't there two states that still don't go on it? Is it Arizona and Hawaii?

Yes, here in AZ we stay the same time all year round. Except the Navajo Nation, which chooses to observe DST. Interestingly, the Hopi nation does NOT observe it, but is surrounded by the Navajo Nation.

The picture shows lime green that observes DST, and the darker drab green which does not. AZNMUT_DST_observance.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, here in AZ we stay the same time all year round. Except the Navajo Nation, which chooses to observe DST. Interestingly, the Hopi nation does NOT observe it, but is surrounded by the Navajo Nation.

The picture shows lime green that observes DST, and the darker drab green which does not. AZNMUT_DST_observance.png

That's gotta get confusing

im pretty sure accross the ditch (Australian) NSW has Daylight savings but Queensland does not

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Don't you guys do it at like 1am in the morning like we do ?

Yes.

I cannot speak for all of the states, but here in Idaho we do it at the appropriate hour local time. So, when the Eastern Time Zone changes, they are on the same time as the Central Time Zone for one hour. I think part of the reason it is done this way is to not mess up the closing time regulations for the bars...

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results