shape
carat
color
clarity

WOW! Laptop that fits in a manilla envelope!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I think I need one of these!

New MacBook Air
0.16 inches thick!!!!! 13.3” LCD screen, full size keyboard, 3 pounds, Intel Core2Duo chip that Intel shrank by 60% over a regular c2d chip, 2 gigs of ram, 80 gig HD. No optical drive but 5 hour battery runtime. USB optical drive possible, or share the CD/DVD of another PC or Mac on your network wirelessly. $1800 bucks.

WooHoo!!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol I''m pretty sure there was a picture in the newspaper of an LCD TV that is ultra thin like that. It just looks ugly. . . lol I''m sure once they become popular, the style will catch on and my DH will decide to get one!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I was pretty amazed when I heard they were going to announce something like this. The pictures are cool... I'd love to use one, in theory, but I take issue with the processor speed (necessarily slow because of heat issues). Even the $3000+ fully-loaded version is slower than my 2-year-old MBP.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
The idea is nice but they are very overrated. Don''t forget the extra $$ you have to shell out to buy the cd drive. That doesn''t come with it.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2008 1:59:58 PM
Author: LegacyGirl
The idea is nice but they are very overrated. Don''t forget the extra $$ you have to shell out to buy the cd drive. That doesn''t come with it.
YAHOO! had a front page article yesterday about all of the "extras" you have to buy. There''s a LOT more than just the cd drive... At the end, you''re pretty much carrying a REAL laptop around, just in pieces. I thought I wanted one, but that is deff not what I''m looking for.

guylian

Rough_Rock
I agree with LegacyGirl - it does not come with a hard drive and yes, it is waaaaaay too over-rated. If you are a MAC lover however, standby for a new modification early spring for the upgrade on the MacBook PRO.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results