shape
carat
color
clarity

Wow...double miracle!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone see this yet? Amazing.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/christmas-miracle-mom-and-baby-die-then-revive-17357728

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
wow that''s amazing! I''m surprised I haven''t heard anything in colorado about this.
They mention they don''t know why her heart stopped, i wonder if they know how it started back up again? Defibrillator?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I just watched this clip! How wonderful that they both came back and are safe.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
The clip is gone. That is interesting. I am going to have to google for the story.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another link, on msnbc.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34625348/ns/health-heart_health/

I think her heart just started back up on its own, they tried to get it started, but nothing worked.

Just amazing.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not sure if that lady was just dying to have that baby, or that baby was just dying to be born.

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/30/2009 3:26:28 PM
Author: kenny
I''m not sure if that lady was just dying to have that baby, or that baby was just dying to be born.
kenny, that''s not funny.
38.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Haha
9.gif
love it!

Id say they started her heart, as they started the baby''s....

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Isn''t that amazing? But what I''m really concerned about is, what''s to say it won''t happen again? What caused this? Most healthy young people don''t just randomly go into cardiac arrest. I sincerely hope that mother is being given extra close, attentive medical care.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
That is so crazy! Imagine how the husband must feel right now!??!?!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2009 3:53:39 PM
Author: PinkAsscher678
Isn''t that amazing? But what I''m really concerned about is, what''s to say it won''t happen again? What caused this? Most healthy young people don''t just randomly go into cardiac arrest. I sincerely hope that mother is being given extra close, attentive medical care.

Maybe the physical and emotional stress of being in labor? Some women can go into shock, all kinds of hormonal changes are taking place, etc., but I am sure they will keep a close eye on her and that she''ll have a complete cardiac workup ASAP.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Saw that on AOL earlier... incredible. I do hope she''s being closely monitored though to make sure it doesn''t happen again (and to find out why it happened in the first place).

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock

ah hahahhaha

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW. Miracles really DO happen! I was the anaesthetic nurse looking after a pretty healthy patient in her 80''s with no significant cardiac history, only a few weeks back having a minor surgical procedure done under GA, and she went into full cardiac arrest on the table. SO random, and bloody scary!
14.gif
We tried hard to revive her, to no avail. Time of death was called, and we all took a minute to take in what had happened. Several minutes had passed by then, and the brainwave monitor on her forehead (which was reading zero) started to tick away by itself. My heart was pounding! The anaesthetists present weren''t fazed as they believed it was just residual brain activity... until the pulse oximeter started giving out a reading!! The surgeon gently tried rousing her, and her pulse got stronger, and suddenly she had a blood pressure!

An hour later she was sitting propped up in ICU eating a sandwich and talking to her family. The while experience still raises the hair on the back of my neck! Bless her little cotton socks.

That story, though, that''s just... wow. Amazing stuff. What a tough little bubby, and it was NOT time for the mummy to go yet! She has 3 babies she needs to see grow up! These stories leave me awestruck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results